Personality Cafe banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, it's somewhat ironic that I'm asking for help in a forum where I'm already spending too much time lately, but what the heck. ;)

I used to love my job. Well, parts of it, anyway. Some parts I never liked. But for the past several months I've been stuck doing all the unpleasant things and none of the fun stuff. It will be like this for a while longer before I wind it up for good. Meanwhile, I'm working completely alone at a computer doing extremely repetitive tasks that I don't even receive any thanks or recognition for. In fact, half the time when I complete a task I get negative feedback. I also get negative feedback before each task is completed, while people are waiting. I love a challenge, but this sucks.

Because of some stuff I don't want to get into, I have to get all this current work done before making more money. So, my wife is not especially happy about the lack of income right now and the home situation is not at its best. So, I am unhappy at work, unhappy at home, and I hardly ever go out anymore.

Thoughts?

·
Registered
334 Posts
I am unhappy at work, unhappy at home, and I hardly ever go out anymore.

Thoughts?
Wow I actually came to PerC because I'm having similar issues.
I was going to start a "Cheer me up" I'm depressed thread, but you beat me to it.

I notice we ENFP's make a big deal out of shit that other types seem to get over easier....
I drink, but it makes it worse in the long run.

I can't offer you much except that I hear ya bud.

·
Banned
13,780 Posts
*Wants to post but then he procrastinates trying to help you away........*

·
Registered
3,262 Posts
@Redwood "stop procrastinating :tongue:"

On a serious note, the only advice I can give you is set your own goals whilst thinking about what those goals will achieve. Make sure you reward yourself appropriately. I like a 45 minutes work, 15 minutes break breakdown an hour for the mundane aspects of work. In the breaks let yourself do whatever you want, but the 45 minutes need to be worked, you will chip through your workload one hour at a time :).

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for all the replies. I'm better today and expect to put in lots of productive time.

Wow I actually came to PerC because I'm having similar issues.
I was going to start a "Cheer me up" I'm depressed thread, but you beat me to it.

I notice we ENFP's make a big deal out of shit that other types seem to get over easier....
I drink, but it makes it worse in the long run.

I can't offer you much except that I hear ya bud.
Sorry to hear of your plight! Hope things pick up for ya.

·
QUEEN PEEN
9,303 Posts
Look at it as a goal. Push to get through it so you can reap the benefits you're looking for. Other than that, I'm going to promote new change in your life. Start looking for another job while you're still working this one. Perhaps that can also serve as motivation. Look forward to the change and new possibilities that can stem from the possibility of a new job :)

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
lol, looks like we all have the same problem. Be determined. That might help at least 00.01%.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts