Personality Cafe banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
From my own self-diagnosis I can assume (but not confident in) saying that Fe>Fi, and to extreme lesser extents Si>Se, and the rest are up in the air.

Se: I always put this as my last function because I truly believe it is, at best, the last function I use. Before I think I didn't use it in any circumstance. But from talking with a guy about it, I may use it a lot more than I think. I consider myself an even-tempered person, but it is not necessarily something that happens naturally. There are a lot of buffers and filters I have to put myself through in order to act in a certain way by my own merit and no one else's. The reason for this is because I'm very uncomfortable with impulse activity, whether it be from others or myself. Because I'm uncomfortable with this, the aforementioned guy proposed that my self-control could be a reaction to my impulses, which I readily admit I have these impulses constantly. I sometimes do not notice them because I've trained myself to restrain them for so long. Sometimes, my words or actions will be delayed because of this as I have to pass it through my filter before I say it out of fear of being erratic. I'm not exactly sure why impulses scare me like this, but they do.

Si: I mostly identify with this function because I keep a detailed archive of my observations. However, this function is also labelled as being inclined to be traditional and not open-minded, which at the very least I'm not the former. I am not more inclined to follow a tradition unless it gives me the desired effect I want. I'm not anti-tradition whatsoever, nor do I exclusively seek innovation. I use whichever style gives me my desired results. In turn, I do not rely on "tried and tested" things necessarily. It really depends on the context, like most things, but I do not have a natural inclination to try something that has been shown to "work" if, upon analyisation, does not give me what I am looking for (or everything I am looking for).

Ne: Superficially, I identify with this function a lot: I'm very adventurous and I love to try new things out. I become bored of things very easily and I require change in my environment/surroundings very often. However, I do not believe this is exclusive to Ne but that it is also applicable to Ni as well. This function is also described as being impulsive which I've already described my relationships with impulses with the Se function description above. I don't think I require a constant stream of information or activity to be occupied, though. I just need a specific goal that I am passionate about. I also like to stick to one thing at a time as opposed to jumping from one thing to another.

Ni: This is a function I can not put into words much as reading descriptions of it confuses me. Perhaps someone can help?

Fe: an interesting function because most descriptions say these users, especially ones with it as the foremost function, are more inclined to being Samaritans/carrying and participating about social dogmas and institutions/general awareness of social environment and I can only identify with the latter most descriptor. I do not care about submerging myself into the social institutions except for maybe learning purposes, but I would never in my life identify with them. However, I don't necessarily see it as a bad thing to go along with them superficially. I believe an Fi user would feel less inclined to do this even if it was to save face as is not individualistic or true to themselves, but I do not feel that way either in this regard. I think such actions are necessary to get along with people to make life easier, but that's it. I do have a desire to connect with people and my environment to a moderate extent, but it is never to the point where I would have a desire to self-identify with the community. What I identify most with this function is the sharp perception of others. I feel like in my mind there's a permanent awareness of others and it's something that's hard to control. I'm always noticing what others are doing and often times it is interesting but sometimes it's draining; I'd rather use some of that energy to myself.

Fi: I'm unsure of this function, as I do strive for individuality and I make a very distinct border between how I act in public versus authentically in order to preserve that individuality, but I do not have concrete morals that I follow by. They are always subject to change depending if I find something better or if it is necessary to achieve a particular goal of mine.

Te/Ti: Superficially I identify with this function: I'm very ambitious and I strive to pursue those goals in the most effective way possible. But to me it gives off the impression that Ti users are not ambitious which doesn't sound right to me. Perhaps the distinction is Te users are more concerned with the result as opposed to the "meaning" or the journey to the result, and I can not definitively say which I care about more. With my goals throughout my life, I have always had laser-focus on obtaining the actual result as opposed to thinking about the process along the way, and I do not think that has changed today. I would say maybe that the process has been internalised within myself but that I do not pay specific attention to the process nor do I look forward to it per se. I just care mostly about achieving the result and then moving onto the next.

·
Registered
9 Posts
INTJ/ENTJ seems like the best match to your description IMO.
I think you are Te-Se with Ni.

If not, then you're probably an ISTJ / IXXFJ.

Te: Throughout this text I have observed that you have a focus on "what works" - a very end-result focused mindset. You often submerge yourself in social atmosphere TO LEARN something as you said. You ignore innovation/tried-and-tested and only take something if your analysis shows it WORKS. Some of these are very much indicative of Te in my opinion.

Ni:
- fear of not being incoherent in conversation, fully formulating before speaking;
- laser focus on goals.
- moderate care about the meaning:
"Perhaps the distinction is Te users are more concerned with the result as opposed to the "meaning" or the journey to the result, and I can not definitively say which I care about more."

Se:
- Your constant "awareness" of people around you may very well be tertiary Se.
- Love for adventure/trying new things could be relief/tertiary Se.

Can you say what you think about Ni? What I understand about Ni is that it is symbolic, zoomed out perception - a huge structure of understanding how the world/a thing works and filling in that structure brick by brick.
It is
- super long term and
- super big picture (space).
- causes definiteness in own understanding

This definition of Ni could be way off. But do tell anyway how do you identify with this?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
INTJ/ENTJ seems like the best match to your description IMO.
I think you are Te-Se with Ni.

If not, then you're probably an ISTJ / IXXFJ.

Te: Throughout this text I have observed that you have a focus on "what works" - a very end-result focused mindset. You often submerge yourself in social atmosphere TO LEARN something as you said. You ignore innovation/tried-and-tested and only take something if your analysis shows it WORKS. Some of these are very much indicative of Te in my opinion.

Ni:
- fear of not being incoherent in conversation, fully formulating before speaking;
- laser focus on goals.
- moderate care about the meaning:
"Perhaps the distinction is Te users are more concerned with the result as opposed to the "meaning" or the journey to the result, and I can not definitively say which I care about more."

Se:
- Your constant "awareness" of people around you may very well be tertiary Se.
- Love for adventure/trying new things could be relief/tertiary Se.

Can you say what you think about Ni? What I understand about Ni is that it is symbolic, zoomed out perception - a huge structure of understanding how the world/a thing works and filling in that structure brick by brick.
It is
- super long term and
- super big picture (space).
- causes definiteness in own understanding

This definition of Ni could be way off. But do tell anyway how do you identify with this?
I would say I use Ni more than Ne. Initially I assumed the later but did not take into account how exactly they operate. I prefer sticking to something long term and have more concrete goals rather than ones I switch from haphazzardly.

I also think I use Fi as opposed to Fe now. Initially I thought because I'm able to get along with people superficially and that I have sharp perceptions of how others think and feel that I was an Fe user, but that's not quite the case from my understanding now. Fi vs. Fe has more to do with the environment and how you interact with it. An Fi user, for example, can very well get along with people superficially but he will vehemently separate his true self from an environment that he does not deem as worthy or authentic to his personality. I believe an Fe user would seek to be "one with their environment" or group/etc. A desire that I never have: I want to blend in for practical purposes but I want to keep my own identity distinct, at least to myself. I don't care much if other people see it as distinct, though.

I also think Se trumps Si in this instance as well and for similar reasons stated above, this seems like dynamics of how you interact with the environment. I initially related to Si because such users are said to have great memories but it's more so how they use those memories in relation to real time. An Si user is more inclined to be traditional or stick to things they're familiar with as it is tried and tested with them, and I'm not like that at all. I very much like trying new things and I'm not afraid of doing it. In fact, monotony scares me greatly.

The trickier bit is Te vs Ti. I do very much care about the results of things as opposed to the process but the way that Te thinkers operate is a bit different from Ti users. For example in this thread that I was reading about the differences (I can't post links so the title is: Te vs Ti, real life example of how they differ?
), I would relate mostly with Ti. Generally if I'm talking about something that I have half my heart/interest in, I will use a Te-style type of argument because it's quicker to convince people, though I see this type of arguing as very shallow. I do not readily respect sources until they've passed my filter. And when arguing with Te users they tend to readily infodump sources and not examine them properly, and when I bring up inconsistencies in the study such as a very small and negligible sample size, various lack of nuances relevant to the subject, etc. they will readily just tell me the authority of the source and say that I'm ignorant for not agreeing with it. And in my everyday life I tend to think more in a Ti manner. I feel like it's a bit perverted to my mind to accept something without breaking it apart. But I think there's also a thin line between a Te vs Ti user as well. A Ti user is said to only accept a source that fits their ideology but a Te user can very well only look for sources that fit their bias. Same result, but two different processes.

So in this instance, Ni > Ne, Fi > Fe, Se > Si, but Te ? Ti

·
Registered
9 Posts
In the realm of Te, Se, Fi, Ni - I don't speak from own experience. You may find some stereotypes/wrong description from here onwards. With that out of the way, here's what I think.

Have you considered ISTP ? Ti-Se-Ni-Fe.
I don't know any ISTP (or at least their mbti). But I have seen people say they're super chill and tend to not be very conforming to group atmosphere. 3 functions do match (Ti, Se, Ni).

About the Ti vs Te, my understanding of Te is somewhat incomplete to comment on it.

I will ask you, which function out of the 8, do you think is your TOP function (or top two)?
And how would you rank your current stack (Ni, Fi, Se)? Maybe that's a starting point.

Summary:
- You may still be an INTJ, maybe Ni-Te is somewhat prone to checking too, like Ti?
- You may be an ISTP. How concrete or hypothetical/theoretical are you in your thoughts?
- INFJ would have fit your bill of Ni-Ti, but you don't seem to use Fe that much I think, or do you?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
In the realm of Te, Se, Fi, Ni - I don't speak from own experience. You may find some stereotypes/wrong description from here onwards. With that out of the way, here's what I think.

Have you considered ISTP ? Ti-Se-Ni-Fe.
I don't know any ISTP (or at least their mbti). But I have seen people say they're super chill and tend to not be very conforming to group atmosphere. 3 functions do match (Ti, Se, Ni).

About the Ti vs Te, my understanding of Te is somewhat incomplete to comment on it.

I will ask you, which function out of the 8, do you think is your TOP function (or top two)?
And how would you rank your current stack (Ni, Fi, Se)? Maybe that's a starting point.

Summary:
- You may still be an INTJ, maybe Ni-Te is somewhat prone to checking too, like Ti?
- You may be an ISTP. How concrete or hypothetical/theoretical are you in your thoughts?
- INFJ would have fit your bill of Ni-Ti, but you don't seem to use Fe that much I think, or do you?
I have considered ISTP, but the foremost issue with that is Se is the secondmost function. I do think I use Se, but I am certain it's nothing more than being a fourth-most function. Then there's the decision between Ti vs. Te. I think sometimes I may use what is considered to be Ti but is really Ni. I do not have to exert my own schema onto something in order to accept it; the logic merely has to be sound and fluid. If it is not, then I will try to test the logic with various factors to see how consistent the logic is or how thorough the "research" is, which is--if I'm not mistaken--a sign of Ti where you mix various patterns to look for a meaning/conclusion. However according to a lot of Te pages I've read, Te users are said to respect the authority of sources, but this may be disrupted with an intuitive type since they're inclined to think of various factors in the study to see the consistency. Sensor types from my experience tend to use such sources very dogmatically and argue that the mere authority alone of the sources is logical as opposed to the content, which is something I most definitely do not do. Because of their sensor disposition they are more inclined to believe what is "tried and tested".

In terms of functions: I'd say Ni and then Te > Fi > Se, which seems to fit the bill of an INTJ.

INFJ is a likely secondmost type, but I'm sceptical of Fe now as I'm understanding more about the function. While I do rely heavily on my ability to read my environment, that perception could come from Se. An Fe user is more inclined to submerge themselves in their environment and identify with it as the function seeks to relate to others. I do the same superficially and mostly because, at a young age, I was taught to do so, but I make a very blatant distinction to myself that I do not submerge myself in environments to preserve my own identity which I hold dear to myself.

And to answer your question about my thoughts: My thoughts tend to be rather literal I think. They often reference real life examples of what's happened to me or others, or I can imagine based off of observations of what has happened to others what can potentially happen to me. So I suppose it's hypothetical in a way. I think of it as a distinction between what can happen (how I think) versus what could happen. The former is something that one possesses the ability or opportunity to do, whereas the latter is something that is more theoretically possible but not necessarily shown to be done.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts