Personality Cafe banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2,106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yeah, I know what you're all thinking. "As if his ego wasn't big enough already".
But listen! I will try to explain this the best way possible. I.E. totally without order.

I've tried to ignore this for the longest time. But it can no longer be ignored.
Ever since I realized I was an ENFJ, I felt like I lost that respect, glory and entitlement I feel people who identify as NTs get. That's not to say that I said I was an ENTJ just to feel good about myself, I genuinely believed I was one, and there are times I have my doubts. But still, you can't say you feel totally equal to us Feelers.

I don't feel at home among the NFs, and as I spent more time in the entirety of the NT forum again, I felt that I wasn't totally welcome anymore. I was treated differently as an ENTJ than I'm treated now.

Of course, this won't stop me from bothering you NTs, but I feel like I lost a part of my identity. In real life, I make sure that I don't think too highly of myself now that I've become subjective and biased. That's the price of being a Feeler. You're not entitled to feel like your decisions are perfect. T.T

I need you guys to discuss this.
Are my suspicions and doubts with good reason?

·
Registered
1,981 Posts
Why do you feel you need to "feel" at home with one personality type or another?

This very posting dictates you are more in the NF line... NT primarily make decisions based on rationality... what you are posting is less rational and more aligned with emotional security in self.

What does "feeling at home" mean?
At home as in your opinions or views are more accepted?

Have you ever considered you are balanced in thinking and feeling?

Intuitively I deduct your feelings are inspiring you to over-think said situation.

Just be secure in self which in turn does not matter if you are NT or NF... you simply are...

Being.

Judge yourself. Attempt to resist the temptation to allow external factors be the guiding light as to how you judge self.

Ego is facade if you ignore being.
Being is a facade if you ignore the ego.

·
Registered
2,106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Oh, my doubt doesn't lie on my type.
My doubt lies on the "Am I correct in thinking so?".

If I can make sense of why I feel the way I do, I will accept it.

·
Registered
2,106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I guess it's really important for me to have an identity.
I was happy being the ENTJ forum's very gay and adorable pet, but when I try to reach out to others, I find myself not as welcome as I feel I should be.

In the beginning I thought "Well, I'll just form a new identity, or an extension of the current one". But it's kinda hard to don't get what you're trying to say.

And if I go to the ENFJ forum, I'm just one of the many ENFJs that reside there.
I want to be unique. I guess that's where my 4-wing comes in. xd

·
Registered
4,683 Posts
I was happy being the ENTJ forum's very gay and adorable pet, but when I try to reach out to others, I find myself not as welcome as I feel I should be.

In the beginning I thought "Well, I'll just form a new identity, or an extension of the current one". But it's kinda hard to don't get what you're trying to say.

And if I go to the ENFJ forum, I'm just one of the many ENFJs that reside there.
I don't want to sound like an old woman, but don't forget you're still young. You're not supposed to know who you are yet...finding yourself is part of the journey, and it's part of the fun in growing up; don't rush it :)

·
Registered
2,106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I don't want to sound like an old woman, but don't forget you're still young. You're not supposed to know who you are yet...finding yourself is part of the journey, and it's part of the fun in growing up; don't rush it :)
I feel like I need to rush it. I need to be set in stone when I go off to college.
Of course, when I go there I need to work on listening and not just talking all of the time.

·
Registered
3,102 Posts
Everything you posted is in your head. Don't tie your ego to what you are; tie it to what you do with it. The only thing that changed is your label and the way you view yourself. You're still the same person - so you really shouldn't feel any different.

Don't be defined by ENTJ/ENFJ or any other type for that matter. Just be yourself. That's your identity. Not some BS label.

·
Banned
2,005 Posts
I need to be set in stone when I go off to college.
Why? Your experiences in college are only going to shake it up again. Identity is a constantly evolving concept; we as individuals are works in progress. Some things will always stay the same but you'll be constantly redefining yourself whenever your life changes.

Place less emphasis on an arbitrary label and perhaps spend some time looking inward to figure out who you actually are, not what.

·
Registered
1,981 Posts
Oh, my doubt doesn't lie on my type.
My doubt lies on the "Am I correct in thinking so?".

If I can make sense of why I feel the way I do, I will accept it.
I understand the plight for definition. Evolution of self is a process.
Push beyond the wall of the definition and you will discover the truth... Keep searching ,)

You are an ENFJ... You have developed Te.

Reactions: Enfpleasantly

·
Registered
4,385 Posts
Your ego doesn't need to be supported. Stop looking for validation and just - BE YOU.

Be you... even if you, pee-ew!

·
Registered
594 Posts
Ever since I realized I was an ENFJ, I felt like I lost that respect, glory and entitlement I feel people who identify as NTs get. That's not to say that I said I was an ENTJ just to feel good about myself, I genuinely believed I was one, and there are times I have my doubts. But still, you can't say you feel totally equal to us Feelers.
...why is being an ENFJ bad at all?

Listen... a couple of letters does not make a person. If you want to be an "NT", act like one. You're a human, a very highly-developed biological being. You can become whatever you want.

Now, don't ever say NTs are more respected than NFs and stuff like that... NFs and NTs and SJs and STs are all very, VERY important to the world. In their own way.

Accept you are an ENFJ (and if you want to change, go ahead). You have a personality type that I really, REALLY appreciate exists. If it was not for an ENFJ, I would be a very different person - I would still be arrogant, blind and judgemental.

Thank God for ENFJs.

·
Registered
4,683 Posts
...why is being an ENFJ bad at all?

Listen... a couple of letters does not make a person. If you want to be an "NT", act like one. You're a human, a very highly-developed biological being. You can become whatever you want.

Now, don't ever say NTs are more respected than NFs and stuff like that... NFs and NTs and SJs and STs are all very, VERY important to the world. In their own way.

Accept you are an ENFJ (and if you want to change, go ahead). You have a personality type that I really, REALLY appreciate exists. If it was not for an ENFJ, I would be a very different person - I would still be arrogant, blind and judgemental.

Thank God for ENFJs.
I want to hear more about this ENFJ you're always referring to...she must've really captured your heart :)

·
Registered
3,620 Posts
Yeah, I know what you're all thinking. "As if his ego wasn't big enough already".
But listen! I will try to explain this the best way possible. I.E. totally without order.

I've tried to ignore this for the longest time. But it can no longer be ignored.

I don't feel at home among the NFs, and as I spent more time in the entirety of the NT forum again, I felt that I wasn't totally welcome anymore. I was treated differently as an ENTJ than I'm treated now.

Of course, this won't stop me from bothering you NTs, but I feel like I lost a part of my identity. In real life, I make sure that I don't think too highly of myself now that I've become subjective and biased. That's the price of being a Feeler. You're not entitled to feel like your decisions are perfect. T.T

NFs kick ass! Come on over to INTP land!

·
Registered
4,550 Posts

Oh whine about it Feeler im just kidding LOL

Reactions: bionic and ENTJam

·
Banned
5,780 Posts

Uniqueness is pretty normal. That's probably why you are treated the same as everyone else.

·
Chatterbox, MOTM August 2013
10,959 Posts
Your favorite thing ... CLIP ART !!!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.