Personality Cafe banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Id appreciate help in typing this woman, as Im having trouble with it. And I have this thing where it drives me slightly bonkers when Im unable to type someone (Im really into types, obviously)

As far as I can tell she really strikes me as either ISFJ or ISFP. Now, I have a lot of experience with SJs (most of my family is SJ) and not so much with ISFPs, but I think Ive known a couple (not 100% sure on this).

I think her I isnt very pronounced, but somehow she does not give off an Extravert vibe to me. Im pretty sure on her S. Every time when I talk to her and brush on something more abstract or N she basically just ignores it, I feel a tiny bit awkward for a second and then hastily stir the conversation back to more concrete things. So pretty sure she is a Sensor.

This is a very distant relative of mine, so Ive only met her about 4 to 5 times, but all in the last months. She is in her mid 20s.

Today we talked about talk shows we remember watching as young teens, and I said I remember this one guy who claimed he had been abducted by aliens, we lauged about it. Then I went on to say that he showed the talkshowmaster his hand and said they had implanted something in there.. and she didnt respond. So.. was it her being SJ and just too weirded out by this, or her being SP and just getting distracted by something so she didnt really listen? Also, I think SPs (my former best friend is an ESFP) are easier to talk to about weird things, they dont have this hate for everything out of the ordinary that SJs have.

Ive noticed that I can talk to her, in a sensor way, but there is some kind of flow to the conversation that I normally only have with SPs. With most SJs I feel like talking is very exhausting, but there are exceptions to this, Ive known SJs where it went fine, so.. yeah, great, I dont know! *laughs at self*

I would say she is intelligent, though that does not say much about type. Even though of course Ns and Ss have a different kind of intelligence, she has an S kind of intelligence Id say. She knows about the world in a concrete way. She plans for the future a bit (def. more SJ) because she just completed two courses: she is now a nail artist and she can sugar wax ppls legs and she plans to do another course about treating ppls faces. She started this while she was working in an office and she sees it as a second source of income. Guess it is more SJ, but she has fun doing it, its a bit more inventive so thats more SP. (inventive as in, she is not afraid to start something for herself).

One thing I know about SJs is they are generally obsessed with cleaning. My entire SJ family is, and they are very serious about it. You better not clean anything in the wrong way if theyre around! She doesnt seem to be as obsessed as the other SJs I know, but she could just be an exception or I dont notice as much because Im not living with her. In general she seems more relaxed about things like that than Sjs though.

She loves animals, has 5 cats and a dog. Dont know if that says anything about the 2 types in question though.

She is a nice person, as far as I know her (As Ive said Ive only met her a few times). She calls ppl things like "honey" etc. her dog too. That seems a bit more Fe but I guess Fi can look like Fe too so.. yeah. Again very helpful my explanations here.. not :laughing:

Anyone who can help me with this one?

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Oh, and after I just read my post again. I want to say, Im not bashing SJs here in any way! Ive had not so great experience with them, but that comes from living with them as my family where they want to order me around the entire day. I think its a lot easier to get along with them when they are not in that position. Like my sister, she is so much easier to get along with because she does not have authority over me. Same for 2 SJ friends I had in highschool.
Just wanted to make this clear because Ive been reading on Type forums quite a bit and this SJ - N thing seems to be an ongoing battle and I dont want to add to the fuel.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry, I have no idea why this has been moved here with all the celebrity type guessing going on. Doesnt fit super well imo. I originally posted it in the general thread.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Sorry, I have no idea why this has been moved here with all the celebrity type guessing going on. Doesnt fit super well imo. I originally posted it in the general thread.
So any joy in figuring out her type ? It's been a few months now :)

Reactions: Merope

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No, Im still stuck between those two types. I asked her if she wanted to take a personality test and she didnt want to. That is further proof that she is a Sensor. Pretty much all Sensors I asked didnt want to take the test and only did it because I kept bugging them. Those were close family members, so bugging them is fine imo. But with her I cant do that because she is not as close to me and it would be rude.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts