Personality Cafe banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4,095 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I need ISXX input especially!!

First off, I'm say that she has next to no interest whatsoever in personality types-- I've had to twist her arm to get her to read any descriptions whatsoever, and I don't think I could ever get to answer a questionnaire. But I am having the hardest time pinning down her personality!!

What I know for sure:
She's ISXX
She's Type 1w9 self-pres

*Her enneatype fits her very well...
*She is meticulous about a lot of self-pres-related things (germs, expiration dates, dust, shelf organization, etc)
*She maintains a very warm, affectionate manner towards everyone (the hallmark of type 1 self-pres)
*She has a strong sense of responsibility and integrity- she does everything on time, never breaks a promise
*She can be pretty judgmental of other people if they don't act according to her notion of how you should act (usually some aspect of interpersonal relationships or cleanliness)-- but overall, she is generous in how she judges people as whole individuals
*She and can get very angry and frustrated at herself
*She can work very hard when its important, but she can also be very lazy (she'll say "sleeping is my favorite activity!")

Other things.....
*Although she's very conscientious about some things, she can also be very much a free spirit about other things... she can be very permissive and tolerant of law- or rule-breaking behavior
*She has that SP- contemptuousness of authority - "they cant tell ME how fast to drive!" "I'll do whatever I damn well please!" "That's just bullshit!"
*She's very open-minded and tolerant when it comes to other cultures- also VERY liberal
*She has a charming kind of innocence about her, sees people through rose-colored glasses
*She can be very thoughtful, making little presents for people and doing favors and stuff like that
*She can be easy to take advantage of because she loves to help people
*She can be very openly admiring of people, not at all afraid to show how much she likes them
*She's naive and gullible
*Loves to make fun of herself, has very few personal insecurities
*Tries to never hurt people, never has a harsh word for anyone
*I see her as having strong Se, and Si. Not sure about Fi. Sometimes she seems to have high Fe, sometimes low. (i don't understand functions super well, so)
*She's physically highly sensitive, though this might just be due to her being a premie
*She can be quiet and awkward, though not exactly self-conscious- sometimes she's quiet because she doesn't give a crap about what people are talking about, sometimes she's quiet because she's shy, but overall she's not self-critical about her social skills
*High Fe?: she likes to make people happy. Also she can be very attuned to certain social conventions and customs- she's good at adapting to new cultures. But Low Fe?: she can be clueless about what makes people comfortable. For example, if you make a comment, and she doesn't care about it, she'll just sit there in silence and not acknowledge it at all (which always makes me uncomfortable).
*She can be moody and needy, once she really trusts you

So I guess I'm about 90% sure she's ISFX.

I always just assumed she was ISFJ, because of her strong J-ness, but she just doesn't SEEM like an ISFJ. Maybe it's only her type 1 that makes her seem J-like... and she's actually ISFP? She just SEEMS much more like an ISFP. She's such a free spirit, not one to care about tradition or authority or duty or anything like that.

Thoughts? Any type 1- SPs out there who may be able to help me?

·
Registered
9 Posts
The first thing you should do when trying to type yourself or anyone else is learn which temperament they are. Everyone is going to fall into one of four temperaments which are SJ, SP, NF, NT and they are so distinct from each other that you should have no problem figuring out which one you or someone else falls into; and the best thing about this system is that it has nothing to do with introversion or extroversion which is usually the biggest factor in people misidentifying their types. Ill link some good sites on the different temperaments below :) Once you learn her temperament, it's going to be way easier because now you only have to decide between 4 MBTI types instead of 16, and to do this learn the FUNCTIONS! don't read the personality pages or anything like that because MBTI doesn't really have much to do with your personality as it does your cognition and they way you process information and therefore informs your behaviour, values etc. and it's important to remember that no 2 people are the same, so no 2 MBTI types are going to be the exact same, but should be very similar.
BTW= from what you told me, she definitely sounds ISFP.

·
Registered
9 Posts
i forgot i can't post links right now, sorry! but just google MBTI temperaments, specifically SJ vs SP, and you should be able to decipher which temperaments she most likely falls into, and research more about Fi vs Fe (ISFP= Fi/ ISFJ-Fe). Hope this helps and good luck! :D

·
Registered
4,095 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Haha yeah I know about the four temperaments- and you'd think it would be easy, and with most people it is- but in this case, I just can't figure out whether she's an SJ or an SP. She's an S, and she's (seem like) a J, but she doesn't seem like an SJ. Which leads me to think that she might actually be an SP, just with extra factors that make her seem J-like.
And I dont think every personality type is same- I don't even think two people of the same type necessarily are going to be "very similar" - they could be very different from each other, and clearly are, given that she's very different from other ISFJs and ISFPs I know.
Thanks though for the gut response of ISFP!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts