Personality Cafe banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1. Is there anything that may affect the way you answer the questions? For example, a stressful time, mental illness, medications, special life circumstances? Other useful information includes sex, age, and current state of mind.
I've been diagnosed with social anxiety disorder and a mood disorder - not otherwise specified four years ago. Everything is under control and I'm 100% off meds though. Also, English is not my first language. There might be a lot of mistakes and I've often had difficulty writing what I wanted to in this questionnaire.

2. Study these two images here and here. Which one do you prefer and why? How would you describe it?
The first one. It looks so peaceful, so pretty. I love the sea; it's mysterious, unpredictable and full of life. I imagine a beautiful, clear night under the stars. Maybe a walk trough the surf, or a camp fire with friends.

3. Please describe yourself as a person if you were to introduce yourself to someone else like in a cover letter. What kind of person are you and why?
I'm really adaptable: I will function well in almost every situation. I'm often the one to come up with new, creative ideas. I'd rather work on my own; I don't like to cover for other's needs, and I just want to do whatever I feel like. Also, I have this 'switch' in my head: I either go for it, or don't do anything at all. When I choose for the first option, I get really competitive, disciplined and perfectionistic, when I choose for the last option, I am passive, lazy and uninterested.

4. What kind of person would you LIKE to be? Why? What kind of person would you NOT want to be? Why?
I would like to be a perfect person: sociable, athletic, intelligent, attractive, well... all good qualities in the world haha. I definitely don't want to be an unintellectual person; I value my ability to understand complex theories and come up with new ones, also, I like to think about things, and I'm not sure if people with a lower IQ actually do that.

5. Do you think there are any differences to how you described yourself and how people actually perceive you? How do you think others would describe you? If there are any discrepancies between these two that are you are aware of; do you know why exactly that is?

Yes, there are. It's hard to explain the differences, because everyone knows other things about me. I feel like I have a lot of masks, and everyone sees a different me. That's why I don't like to invite a lot of people over at the same time, because they might all know a different me. I do this because I want to adapt to other's needs.

6. What in life do you find to be of importance? Why? If you are unsure you can always take the Value Test and post the results here. Do note that it helps if you narrow it down to 20 or ideally 10 values as suggested at stage 2.
I took the test: Ambition, Endurance, Excellence, Intelligence and Empathy are my strongest values.

7. How do you react to new situations in your life? Can you describe an event in your life where you were in an unknown situation? How did you deal with it?

I'm very observant, when I get into a new situation, I observe things quietly for a while. I don't have a lot of problems in new situation, I am someone who easily "gets" what's going on.

8. Please describe yourself when you are in a stressful situation. How do you act and why? Real life experiences are welcome.
I don't easily stress, but when I am in a stressful situation, I don't show the stress I experience.

9. Please describe yourself when you are in an enjoyable situation. How do you act and why? Real life experiences are welcome.
I get happier, more energetic and more sociable.

10. Describe your relationship to socialization. How do you perceive one-on-one interaction? How do you perceive group interaction?
Every form of socialization with people I don't know well terrifies me, but when I'm with friends I love to socialize. I am mostly the listener though; I don't like talking about myself. I feel more comfortable in group interaction, because it won't be necessary for me to say something. In one-on-one interaction, I can completely stress out if the conversation dies.

11. Describe your relationship to society. What are the elements of it you hold important or unimportant (e.g. social norms, values, customs, traditions)? How do you see people as a whole?
I find it important to accept every person for who he or she is. I value equality and justice, I like direct people who treat everyone fairly. I can 'read between the lines' quite well, and if people say things with their mouth but their eyes say something different, I can get really confused and uncomfortable. As a whole, I see people as... people, just like me. I don't trust people easily, but I do believe everyone has their own strengths and every single person in this world has a good side - and a bad one.

12. Describe your relationship to authority. How do you perceive authority? What does it mean to you, and how do you deal with it?
I always play by the rules, and have a lot of respect of authority figures. I often feel inferior when I'm around them, because I feel like they're in a higher "rank" than I am. Also, I can get really frustrated when someone misuses their authority position, for example when they judge unfairly.

13. Describe your relationship to order and chaos. What do order and chaos mean to you? How do they manifest in your daily life?
I perceive two different types of order, and two different types of chaos. The first type of order is something I often lack; having your stuff in the right place, having a schedule for the day and looking well-groomed. This is the opposite of the first type of chaos; messy workplace, doing whatever you feel like doing at that moment, looking sloppy and not well-groomed. I think I have a lot of chaos type one in my life. Then, there is the second type of order, this one affects others more; people doing what they should be doing, one person talking at the time, people staying calm. This is the opposite of the second type of chaos; everyone running all around, yelling and stressing. I can't stand chaos type two and can turn in a control-freak as soon as I get in such a situation.

14. What is it that you fear in life? Why? How does this fear manifest to you both in how you think and how you act?
Failure is my worst fear. I think like a successful person: what can I do to reach my full potential? What can I do not to fail? I act really disciplined when this thoughts occur; I work harder and make to-do-lists of what I should do to achieve something.

15. What is it that you desire in life? What do you strive to achieve? Why? Where do you think these drives and desires stem from or are inspired by?
I want to be happy, have a good job, have a lot of money. I don't really know where it comes from, actually.

16. a) What activities energize you most? b) What activities drain you most? Why?
I get energized by things like being outside, playing some sports, maybe eating an ice cream or swimming. I enjoy nature, activities and being with friends. I usually drain in situations where my social anxiety is triggered, because I will be talking to myself all the time. Reminds me of the quote "The only thing a person shouldn't be left alone with are his own thoughts". That definitely applies to me. I hate the conversations I have with my social anxiety in my head: "I should at least say SOMETHING". "No. You can't. You'll only make a fool of yourself."

17. Why do you want to know your type? What type do you think you are? Why this/these type(s)? Is there a type that appeals to you, to your self-perception, that you would like to be? Why? If you know your enneagram, please post this here. If you have done any online function tests such as the Keys2Cognition, it helps if you post these results here as well.
I'm interested in MBTI and personality. I've always tested as an INTJ, but I'm unsure about all letters... Whoops. My enneagram is 5w6 1w9 4w5 sp/so/sx, my global 5-type is RCOEI and I don't really know my functions.

18. Finally, is there something else you find to be of importance you want to add about yourself you think might be of relevance when helping to type you?
I don't think so.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.