Personality Cafe banner

Help me understand something...

918 views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  Rasputin4 
Well...That depends on whose model you're using. Thompson's model has your opposing functions as your shadow, whereas Beebe has the opposites of your preferred and opposing functions as your shadow. Thus, for Thompson ENTJ's shadow if FiSe hence ISFP, while for Beebe ENTJ's shadow is TiNe hence INTP. Both schemas define the inferior function differently. Thompson defines it as the the single most subconscious, repressed function. Beebe regards is as the gateway to the subconscious, thus paritally conscious and not totally repressed. Personally, I find Beebe's model holds most true for me. If you find your inferior is something you can relate to but keep under the control of your dominant function, then you will probably relate more to Beebe's model. If you see your inferior function as something alien that you want nothing to do with, then you will probably relate more to Thompson's model. In summation, it really depends on how you define inferior function.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.