Personality Cafe banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey y'all. Thanks for clicking on my thread, it means a lot to me baby. Learning my type in MBTI, Socionics and Enneagram has been bugging me for a long time now, if you would take time to watch my videos/read my questionnaire to help me out that would be great. I have some rough ideas for my type but I need someone who has more experience in typing to give me their opinion.

First of all as it is most likely easier to type someone if you can see how they act and talk, I am going to put links to some videos of me.

Stuff I made for the purpose of this questionnaire to show how I act normally

- Me trying to act normally (recently)
- Me answering questions (recently)

Possibly Cringe-y stuff from a couple of years ago, showing how willing I am to be to typed, screw it.

- Weird media video (THE PAST)
- Geography homework? (THE PAST)
- Something that happened (THE PAST)

... Just my youtube channel - https://www.youtube.com/user/TheSmileyjohn

The following questionnaire is the most careful one I've filled in. I've thought about each of the questions individually and have answered them over a time period of around a week!

1. Is there anything that may affect the way you answer the questions? For example, a stressful time, mental illness, medications, special life circumstances? Other useful information includes sex, age, and current state of mind.
I am male, 18 years old, my current state of mind is positive yet slightly anxious as I am currently avoiding a family argument unrelated to me. I am in the exam period but I don't think this matters as it isn't affecting my state of mind, feel free to help yourself to that information though!

2. Study these two images here and here. Which one do you prefer and why? How would you describe it?
I much prefer the first image. I find nature beautiful, the sunset, the beautiful sky and I love the beach, it reminds me of how I take walks on my own in the evening and the effect of observing the sunset has on me. It makes me feel grateful for my seemingly spontaneous existence. The other image doesn't really do much for me, I would rather be at the beach during the night.

3. Please describe yourself as a person if you were to introduce yourself to someone else like in a cover letter. What kind of person are you and why?
Positive escapist who likes to have fun and doesn't take life too seriously. Sense of humour ranges from puns to the morbid and surreal but enjoys pretty much all company. Apparently smiles all of the time: 'Look there's that guy who smiles all the time.' - Some kid at my school. Not as physically coordinated as some others, subject of jokes as I can appear physically incapable. Very emotionally expressive with face and body, dances a lot, makes a lot of faces however can look detached: 'You're so expressive with your hips' and 'You look like you're thinking very hard'. - My friend. Often dresses in incredibly bright and flashy attire or entirely plain, for example my range of Hawaiian themed shirts. Interests include or have included at some point: Music, personality theories, philosophy (recently Stoicism), attempts at health and fitness, yoga, all that fantasy stuff, reading and some video games.

4. What kind of person would you LIKE to be? Why? What kind of person would you NOT want to be? Why?
I would like to be someone who is 'together', finally dedicating myself to one of my interests and having self-discipline to follow it through. This is because I want to be successful, it would be boring to leave life not having accomplished anything. I don't want to end up as a hedonist. Having fun whilst doing something that has a good effect on my life would be optimal!

5. Do you think there are any differences to how you described yourself and how people actually perceive you? How do you think others would describe you? If there are any discrepancies between these two that are you are aware of; do you know why exactly that is?
I think in question three I detailed how others see me supported by quotations from people I have interacted with. I suppose a difference is from the outside I seem emotive but in fact my emotions are very stable. I am not easily effected by emotional situations and feel very detached from them . Apparently I detach myself from emotional situations. Other s have described me as caring, crazy, warm and slightly eccentric.

6. What in life do you find to be of importance? Why? If you are unsure you can always take the Value Test and post the results here. Do note that it helps if you narrow it down to 20 or ideally 10 values as suggested at stage 2.

1. Growth (13 votes)
2. Heart (13 votes)
3. Health (12 votes)
4. Self-control (11 votes)
5. Open-mindedness (11 votes)
6. Beauty (11 votes)
7. Independence (10 votes)
8. Intimacy (9 votes)
9. Fun (9 votes)
10. Freedom (9 votes)
11. Courage (9 votes)
12. Mastery (7 votes)
13. Gallantry (4 votes)
14. Fearlessness (3 votes)
15. Making a difference (3 votes)
16. Accomplishment (2 votes)
17. Assertiveness (0 votes)
This test helped me to understand my values. Before taking this test I think I have seemed to forgotten my values or at least not paid attention to them . I find that it is important to put your heart into things that I do, giving it all of my effort. The beauty of nature astounds me and often puts me into a state of awe. I find it is important to keep an open mind to fully experience things. I find that courageous acts inspire me. Although I value things like self-control I don't think I exhibit too much of it.

7. How do you react to new situations in your life? Can you describe an event in your life where you were in an unknown situation? How did you deal with it?
Out of the blue being accused wrongly, not going to go into details. I dealt with it by being on my own playing guitar. I often went out of walks, I walked in the forest on my own in the snow because of how beautiful everything seemed. I walked at night time and challenged myself to walk through 'scary' areas. Eventually I got into an exercising habit and proved to myself I could be strong, I dealt with it and moved on. I also read a lot of Henry Rollins.

8. Please describe yourself when you are in a stressful situation. How do you act and why? Real life experiences are welcome.
Working wise I don't really get stressed, apparently I seem very laid-back all of the time. Me not having my coursework completed the day before it was due in was 'the closest I've ever seen him to kind of being stressed' - My teacher. I've had to attempt to resolve physical conflicts, although I could feel the adrenalin working I was not emotional due to the stress, I kind of just did what I had to do. I made jokes about it immediately afterwards.

9. Please describe yourself when you are in an enjoyable situation. How do you act and why? Real life experiences are welcome.
Over the top exaggerated expressions, visibly excited, very talkative. For example at a recent party in most pictures I am posing dramatically, I talk to everyone and dance a lot. Very uninhibited. Although it could have been the alcohol people were telling me they couldn't tell if I was drunk or not which suggests I act similarly in everyday life. Hahaha. But seriously I will act like that if I'm having fun. However I don't really tend to enjoy events where there is too much positivity, I just can't get into it. An example is the last day of school and everyone was being all emotional and I didn't really get it, I found it exhausting. I'd rather be doing something like go-karting which I did later on in the last day. Although I was terrible at it, I was exhilarated.

10. Describe your relationship to socialization. How do you perceive one-on-one interaction? How do you perceive group interaction?
One-on-one interaction, good chance to get to know someone better. Group interactions are more of a game, who can come up with the most interesting topic? Who can get the most laughs? Not really much of a serious game, it just kind of happens. Nothing serious. (This makes me think about the Alpha quadra in socionics?)

11. Describe your relationship to society. What are the elements of it you hold important or unimportant (e.g. social norms, values, customs, traditions)? How do you see people as a whole?
I don't really see people as a whole, I see people as individuals that I either find interesting or not interesting. Different countries have different traditions, they change, my traditions don't really have an influence on me. I'm not going to insensitive, I understand that traditions give some people their identity but I disagree with any traditions which do not give the individual choice to participate or not.

12. Describe your relationship to authority. How do you perceive authority? What does it mean to you, and how do you deal with it?
Authority is necessary and I'm fine with it unless it does something which doesn't make sense. If that happens I'll probably ignore the bit that doesn't make sense.

13. Describe your relationship to order and chaos. What do order and chaos mean to you? How do they manifest in your daily life?
You can't have order without chaos. I need more order in my life. They're just things. Order is when I am in the zone, chaos is the rest of the time.

14. What is it that you fear in life? Why? How does this fear manifest to you both in how you think and how you act?
Being a failure. Going through life, getting too caught up in things and becoming lazy and hedonistic, having never achieved anything. This fear usually kicks in when I feel like I've been doing nothing to work towards anything for a while or when I've been lazy. I don't want to have an unsuccessful and unfulfilling life.

15. What is it that you desire in life? What do you strive to achieve? Why? Where do you think these drives and desires stem from or are inspired by?
To be a successful musician, to be the best bass player I can be by getting as much experience as possible. I'm inspired by people like Flea and John Frusciante from the Red Hot Chili peppers who put their all into their music and Jaco Pastorius who became a master of his instrument. I want to experience as much as I can and maybe leave something behind.

16. a) What activities energize you most? b) What activities drain you most? Why?
a) Loud music, spontaneous activities (anything unexpected), parties, joking around with friends, going fast, feeling the wind and swimming in the sea. I just feel alive with any of these activities.
b) Anything with a sustained overly emotional atmosphere or serious atmosphere, just chill baby. Being around people for too long is draining, need to be alone for a while.

17. Why do you want to know your type? What type do you think you are? Why this/these type(s)? Is there a type that appeals to you, to your self-perception, that you would like to be? Why? If you know your enneagram, please post this here. If you have done any online function tests such as the Keys2Cognition, it helps if you post these results here as well.

extraverted Sensing (Se)
******************************* (31.6)
good use
introverted Sensing (Si)
******************************** (32.2)
good use
extraverted Intuiting (Ne)
******************************************* (43.6)
excellent use
introverted Intuiting (Ni)
******************** (20.9)
limited use
extraverted Thinking (Te)
********** (10.9)
unused
introverted Thinking (Ti)
****************************** (30.8)
good use
extraverted Feeling (Fe)
*********************************** (35.2)
good use
introverted Feeling (Fi)
********************************** (34.4)
good use
I have trouble with typing myself as I find I am always wanting to be a certain type or can see myself being a certain type but it sometimes doesn't comply with how other people see me. My mind changes a lot when typing myself. I have considered type 7 enneagram, not sure which wing, probably 6 wing. I can see the potential of myself being many of the types however recently I've decided that I don't think I am a strong Se user evident from me re-watching videos of myself. I want to know my type so I have some grounding for understanding myself better. I want to be able to put myself in a box so I can know my strengths and weaknesses. I have been trying to work out my type for over a year, it would be nice to finally work it out so I can put the theory to use and better myself or at least understand myself.

18. Finally, is there something else you find to be of importance you want to add about yourself you think might be of relevance when helping to type you?
Some of the results from the personality tests (e.g Keys to cognition) may be inaccurate as I am aware which functions each of the questions are referring to and can be biased depending on what personality type I think I am at that particular moment.

Here Thanks for reading to the end, see you in the thread... brah.

·
Banned
292 Posts
I would say ISTP, or xSTP. I think this because you seem to like having a lot of fun (SP) and don't seem to follow your emotions (T). You seem like an extrovert, but you are probably just a very outgoing introvert if being with other people for too long is draining.

Reactions: smileyjohn

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
On #13, when do you feel like you're "in the zone"?
When I organise my life and have more self-discipline, it makes me enjoy other activities much more.

Not too sure about the xSTP evaluation, I'm not so sure that I'm a high Se user but I'll look more into it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts