Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
897 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am trying to type an individual who might be ENTP or ENFP. I will not repeat all the gory details, because those are already here. One of the hard things about this particular typing is that the individual is testing on the cognitive functions test as high in both Fi and Fe, and Key2Cognition is also saying their frequency of use of both types of feeling is high (Keys2Cognition labels this as "Good" use instead of "Average" or "Limited").

I came up with the following questions to determine whether she is primarily Fi or Fe. Please - anyone - help me reword this or add new questions.

1) You are with a friend who is expressing a feeling. If you want to understand how she feels, in most cases do you:

a) Immediately understand her feeling without understanding how or why?

b) Have to think about her feeling and compare it to your own feelings to uncover fully all of meaning and nuance about how she feels?

2) You are in a group of people who must agree on a course of action. Every person in the room except for you feels that some specific plan of action is moral and can be implemented for that reason. You feel the plan is immoral and should not be implemented. Do you:

a) Look to the way others in the group feel, and then calibrate your own feelings to achieve consensus with the group? This might mean that you are more willing to consider implementing the plan, in order to achieve consensus with the group.

b) Trust your own feeling about whether the plan is immoral and simply refuse to agree with the group no matter how many in the group feel otherwise?

If there are other questions to ask what are those. If there is a better way to word these questions what is that? I am also thinking of giving her an option to say how much she is of a) or b) for each question. So she might say 60% of a) and 40% of b), for example.

·
Registered
4,567 Posts
Question 1 is spot on. Question 2 is dependent on how conflict adverse they are and since you are looking at the difference between ENTP and ENFP an ENTP might even answer Fi higher based on "this group is stupid, I'll do things my way." From my experience ENFPs are generally more timid than that.

Keys test is always off, I don't think it's ever clear cut answers for people.

Can I ask why you are not looking at Fi Vs Ti though? ENTPs will not use Fe the same as Fe aux/doms will. I mean, when I use Te it's pretty childish and still with a heavy dose of Fi motivations. Fe for an ENTP is mostly the same depending on the maturity of the person.

·
Registered
897 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Question 1 is spot on. Question 2 is dependent on how conflict adverse they are and since you are looking at the difference between ENTP and ENFP an ENTP might even answer Fi higher based on "this group is stupid, I'll do things my way." From my experience ENFPs are generally more timid than that.
That is a great point on question #2. So in effect ENTP and ENFP might act counter to type in answering that question due to potential arrogance of ENTP and potential shyness of ENFP. Is there a way to save this by rewording the question? For example, I could state that this is a group that you "respect" and I could also state the question as what would you prefer to do if you could avoid any conflict?

Keys test is always off, I don't think it's ever clear cut answers for people.

Can I ask why you are not looking at Fi Vs Ti though? ENTPs will not use Fe the same as Fe aux/doms will. I mean, when I use Te it's pretty childish and still with a heavy dose of Fi motivations. Fe for an ENTP is mostly the same depending on the maturity of the person.
Believe me, I am all over Fi vs Ti and I linked the original question above that asked about typing this person, trying to decide between ENFP and ENTP types.

Just briefly, Keys2Cognition's test not only supplies a numerical ranking for each personality attribute such as Fi and Fe, but they also supply a frequency of use rating that is "good use", "average use", or "limited use". As you would expect, people normally only show good use of their primary characteristics and that helps a lot in typing them. So an Ne+Fi+Te+Si individual would normally score "good use" in at least the first three dimensions of personality and then "average" or "limited" for the unused polarities. The person I am discussing was, in an ENFP stack framework:
Ne (Good) + Fi (Good) + Te (Average) + Si (Average)

That's not a fantastic fit to ENFP, on a superficial level.

In an ENTP cognitive stack her usage scores were:
Ne (Good) + Ti (Good) + Fe (Good) + Se (Good)

That seems to argue for ENTP. Here are her cognitive function scores:

EXTROVERTED INTUITION (Ne)33.8%**
INTROVERTED INTUITION (Ni)21.4%

EXTROVERTED SENSATION (Se)30.9%**
INTROVERTED SENSATION (Si)24.5%

EXTROVERTED THINKING (Te)28.3%
INTROVERTED THINKING (Ti)33.9%**

EXTROVERTED FEELING (Fe)31.6%
INTROVERTED FEELING (Fi)35.8%**

So what makes this person's typing so hard is that I feel her Ti in a way that seems to dominate. But I do NOT know her that well, and she DOES hide a lot from me. Others say she is ENFP and she is using her Te to hide her Fi. I can argue this both ways.

What is also very unusual about this person is that even though her cognitive functions perfectly fit to ENTP, her highest score is in Fi, and Feeling is the only dimension in which she shows high usage ("Good Use") for both Fi and Fe. Someone else made the point that she seems like a very well balanced person, and I think that as well. She is very smart, very multi-dimensional, and very well balanced. And, unfortunately, she is very hard to type in the MBTI system. :)

·
Registered
897 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Based on your feedback, here is an alternative wording for question #2:

2) You are in a group of people who must agree on a course of action. You respect the opinions of every person in this group. Every person in the room except for you feels that some specific plan of action is moral and can be implemented for that reason. You feel the plan is immoral and should not be implemented. If your decision can be kept private, and there are no repercussions to your relationship with the group for your decision, do you:

a) Look to the way others in the group feel, and then calibrate your own feelings to achieve consensus with the group? This might mean that you are more willing to consider implementing the plan, in order to achieve consensus with the group.

b) Trust your own feeling about whether the plan is immoral and simply refuse to agree with the group no matter how many in the group
feel otherwise?

·
Registered
897 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just to provide an interesting update on this thread. I talked to the lady I am typing and showed her detailed descriptions of ENTP and ENFP:

ENTP - Explorer Inventors
ENFP - Discoverer Advocates

On a scale from 0 to 10, I asked her how well do each of these descriptions identify her personality.

She answered:
ENTP = 6
ENFP = 8

So she more closely aligned to ENFP, but I still thought it was remarkable that she seems to find some alignment still with ENTP. How common would that be for an ENFP to find significant overlap to ENTP?

·
Registered
966 Posts
Others say she is ENFP and she is using her Te to hide her Fi.
That's not how it works. I can see why you would view it that way since you primarily use Te, but it's the opposite for an ENFP. You reign in your Fi to let your Te out from under it's shadow. This comes naturally as an ENFP matures. It's a small detail for sure, but a significant one. If you believe she is hiding her Fi, it creates a disconnect based on a likely false assumption that makes the idea of simply asking an unattractive one. If however you however you give her the benefit of the doubt and instead assume that she is simply controlling her emotions, you are likely to be more confident in and comfortable with the idea of simply asking without having to deal with a typically immature Fi response of evasiveness etc.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Ne-Fi sometimes looks like Fe because of our imagination emotionally affecting us.

But Ne-Fi is different from Fe this way: we have to see the micro body language or hear the person to realize something happened and get the right possibility in our brains, which will affect us. Ne-Fi feels through itself. Fe does not go through this whole process.

Btw, her function stack sounds very ENFP. Since she has a slope on the ENFP functions and no slope on the ENTP functions. Polarization is where it is at.

·
Registered
7,461 Posts
Yeah it’s not like we mask Fi... or we wouldn’t like that wording anyway, Fi is strongly there in her motivations and interests, just like you don’t mask Ni, it comes through in Te thinking— but it’s not like you can really share your Ni process. Fi is introverted, (and you with tertiary Fi will relate to this just fine) so the source of the feeling comes from inside and pushes outward, in the setting of Ne that means it just simply shows itself in our interest in learning about others and engaging or being interested in their feelings, protecting their feelings also as needed. So her behavior is strongly ENFP. ENTPs share with us that Ne dominance, so you saw how @MRaccoon and I were playing off of each other— we easily understood each other’s thinking but just corrected each other on assumptions of differences in Fi or Ti behavior and both of us could have made a lot of the same observations. My ENTP friend and I are both voracious researchers about anything that catches our interest— which is basically anything new. But she is not going to be asking lots of questions of people, maybe a few. She doesn’t approach everyone — no— she isn’t interested in everybody and how they are or what they are feeling. You don’t see the range of emotions on the ENTP face that you do a ENFP— you DO see more complaints and anger in ENTPs than in us, but my ENTP friend has good emotional control— so. /shrug. Fi is more clearly seen in behavior by way of motivation and also in interests. She will probably love movies, music, art OR might be adept at creating them.

By the way the questions for Fi-Fe really wouldn’t help me if I hadn’t studied MBTI. I would have said that I understand people almost immediately. This seems true if I am in their presence and asking them questions. So they don’t help— just seem confusing. The source of Fe is not inward, it’s like Te but with values added.

She IS ENFP so now you want to focus on proceeding forward. By the way with our interest in people and understanding ourselves MBTI is likely going to interest her very much.

Reactions: sereneone

·
Registered
ENFP-A - 2w3 - JEEP
5,109 Posts
I still can't see how anyone can mistake an ENTP for an ENFP and vs verse. Not that I don't love my ENTP best friend but he's nothing like me.

Pst... if they like to argue a lot ... might be an ENTP. Sorry for the stereo type but they're known as the devil's advocate for a reason. My best friend can argue with himself. He's also very playful. I'm playful but not in the same way he is.

·
Registered
4,567 Posts
So what makes this person's typing so hard is that I feel her Ti in a way that seems to dominate. But I do NOT know her that well, and she DOES hide a lot from me. Others say she is ENFP and she is using her Te to hide her Fi. I can argue this both ways.
Highly unlikely. I've never used Te to hide my Fi. Te comes out in stressful bursts but Te never interrupts Fi like that. Fi can be very reserved and personal in a healthy manner with an ENFP. I'm curious what makes you think that her Fi is hidden? Like what traits are missing?

What is also very unusual about this person is that even though her cognitive functions perfectly fit to ENTP, her highest score is in Fi, and Feeling is the only dimension in which she shows high usage ("Good Use") for both Fi and Fe. Someone else made the point that she seems like a very well balanced person, and I think that as well. She is very smart, very multi-dimensional, and very well balanced. And, unfortunately, she is very hard to type in the MBTI system. :)
This is what I mean about the test not being clear and helpful. I score higher in Ti than I do Te and higher in Se than I do So on that. Fe and Ni normally end up being almost on par with Fi and Ne respectively.

So she more closely aligned to ENFP, but I still thought it was remarkable that she seems to find some alignment still with ENTP. How common would that be for an ENFP to find significant overlap to ENTP?
Very. Having the same dom function goes a long way. Introverted judging functions might not be the same but on the surface at least they can act very similarly, more so than Fe and Fi at times. I think I also find myself looking at some ENTP mentalities as an ideal since it is familiar yet contrasting attitude to mine so sometimes I strive for it, perhaps she's looking at ENTP as wish fulfillment rather than being completely clear in her mind that she is like this.

Based on your feedback, here is an alternative wording for question #2:

2) You are in a group of people who must agree on a course of action. You respect the opinions of every person in this group. Every person in the room except for you feels that some specific plan of action is moral and can be implemented for that reason. You feel the plan is immoral and should not be implemented. If your decision can be kept private, and there are no repercussions to your relationship with the group for your decision, do you:

b) Trust your own feeling about whether the plan is immoral and simply refuse to agree with the group no matter how many in the group
feel otherwise?
I think it will be worth asking Fe users if this is how they think if you have not already. I cannot imagine if that is the case or not. Maybe that's just because I'm Fi that the idea of sacrificing morals is insane.

I normally interpret it less that Fe would think something is immoral but bite their tongue and more that they would decide the morality post discussing with the group. Or perhaps not have a strong enough opinion on their morality that they are more easily swayed to agree by the end of the discussion.

·
Registered
897 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Highly unlikely. I've never used Te to hide my Fi. Te comes out in stressful bursts but Te never interrupts Fi like that. Fi can be very reserved and personal in a healthy manner with an ENFP. I'm curious what makes you think that her Fi is hidden? Like what traits are missing?
Keep in mind I have very limited experience with ENFPs. The ones I have known always fly into the room on a carpet of emotions and bounce around in the conversation. I mean you can literally see and feel their emotional changes and those just come right out in expressions, gestures, etc. Those individuals have typically been more restrained in thinking.

The woman I am typing keeps her emotions much more suppressed and has very clear logic in almost every sentence. In fact, I do not think she has said a single truly goofy thing to me. I almost want to say that her expressions of emotion seem filtered through her logic. You were in the other thread where I talked about how I had analyzed some of her photos and when I checked with her if I was going too far she comes back with "I'm not afraid of your desire to know me better." I mean, who says anything that way? That sounds like a line straight out of a Vulcan exchange on Star Trek. :) That sounds like someone using their Thinking function to allude to an unstated emotion. Her conversations are littered with sentences like this.

When a type often compared to Vulcans (INTJ) thinks you sound more Vulcan than most INTJs, then that is something to pay attention to. And as a fellow Vulcan I have to say I find her strange expressions quite attractive. :)

:spacecraft-1:

This is what I mean about the test not being clear and helpful. I score higher in Ti than I do Te and higher in Se than I do So on that. Fe and Ni normally end up being almost on par with Fi and Ne respectively.
Do you feel that you express Ti? You test similar to her. To me there is something incomplete in the MBTI system in how it is describing ENFPs. It feels like there might be a segmentation of this type around the ability to express Ti.

·
Registered
ENFP-A - 2w3 - JEEP
5,109 Posts
Keep in mind I have very limited experience with ENFPs. The ones I have known always fly into the room on a carpet of emotions and bounce around in the conversation. I mean you can literally see and feel their emotional changes and those just come right out in expressions, gestures, etc. Those individuals have typically been more restrained in thinking.
Bouncing around ideas, check yes please. Bouncing around my emotions, check no please. Remember we're FI. I would rather die inside if a complete stranger at my work knew about my emotions. I'm extremely shy around work groups when it comes to my emotions. My thoughts no, my emotions yes. The only constant emotion that I will display to someone like a shield (shell armor) is what I call Happy Go Lucky armor. I'm a constant ball of friendless and you will rarely see me out of this form. My light shield is my defense mechanism. I have Ne so I spew strange conversations from my mouth that I can't control. Want to talk about science from physics to biology I'm your girl and will be a bubbly participant. Want to talk about serial killers, love the subject. Want to talk about my emotions and if Bob down at the water cooler likes me, hell NO. Want to gossip about me how you hate everyone, nope. You will never know what I'm feeling unless you've made the golden bond.

The woman I am typing keeps her emotions much more suppressed and has very clear logic in almost every sentence. In fact, I do not think she has said a single truly goofy thing to me. I almost want to say that her expressions of emotion seem filtered through her logic. You were in the other thread where I talked about how I had analyzed some of her photos and when I checked with her if I was going too far she comes back with "I'm not afraid of your desire to know me better." I mean, who says anything that way? That sounds like a line straight out of a Vulcan exchange on Star Trek. :) That sounds like someone using their Thinking function to allude to an unstated emotion. Her conversations are littered with sentences like this.
ME, I would say that lols. Like seriously people think ENFPs can't be creepy and why yes we can. We can say weird shit in any sentence to make people go...

I get people to make this face very frequently around me. Sensors even more. BTW HELLO, and welcome to the ENFP section.

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
I still can't see how anyone can mistake an ENTP for an ENFP and vs verse. Not that I don't love my ENTP best friend but he's nothing like me.

Pst... if they like to argue a lot ... might be an ENTP. Sorry for the stereo type but they're known as the devil's advocate for a reason. My best friend can argue with himself. He's also very playful. I'm playful but not in the same way he is.
Not sure if I'm a "black sheep" but in past I used to like a lot to argue with people and play devil's advocate :) Not sure why was that but sounds quite much like what you described about ENTP. Though at ages 35+ this trait has disappeared for me. Maybe I could have quite good Ti due to ~20 years of working in IT sector which requires this trait a lot? Not sure how seriously that could be taken but that Keys test mentioned somewhere above seemed to confirm that (completed it just for fun). But I'm definitely not Fe user.

But yeah, occasionally, rather rarely I still make fun out of playing devils advocate - throwing an intriguing topic or question in the air among certain groups of people just to see how they react and if they can reason themselves out of the situation.

Maybe it's still Fi not Ti for me and they are not that different that you can easily distinct them alone without considering other funcs? There are a few strong Ti users among my colleagues and honestly I don't always see clearly what's the difference with Fi (again, this might be because the way my Fi is developed could be affected by the working area). During work they also tend to use frequently words like "this feels the right solution" etc :)

Bouncing around ideas, check yes please. Bouncing around my emotions, check no please. Remember we're FI. I would rather die inside if a complete stranger at my work knew about my emotions. I'm extremely shy around work groups when it comes to my emotions. My thoughts no, my emotions yes. The only constant emotion that I will display to someone like a shield (shell armor) is what I call Happy Go Lucky armor. I'm a constant ball of friendless and you will rarely see me out of this form. My light shield is my defense mechanism. I have Ne so I spew strange conversations from my mouth that I can't control. Want to talk about science from physics to biology I'm your girl and will be a bubbly participant. Want to talk about serial killers, love the subject. Want to talk about my emotions and if Bob down at the water cooler likes me, hell NO. Want to gossip about me how you hate everyone, nope. You will never know what I'm feeling unless you've made the golden bond.
Same here when considering Ne description but again black sheep considering Fi - I'm not afraid of showing emotions or even discussing them if I need to clear out something for myself :) Though recently I started to think that maybe I feel internally more emotions than it looks for the external observer. Not that I hide anything but when I happened to see some video clips and pictures about myself it doesn't look like I have too many facial expressions or other obvious changes I'm thinking I could have.

·
Registered
4,567 Posts
I have to question though, what were the range of these emotions?

Some ENFPs can be bouncing off of the wall with excitement, enthusiasm, joy, anxious energy but I find that negative and vulnerable emotions are reigned in completely.

There are many ENFPs here who come across as quiet and inexpressive. I never think that I do but I have been told on multiple occasions that I am. People don't hear my emotions in a room unless I'm influenced by alcohol or something of that nature or I really am excited beyond containment... I probably still get excited more easily that some other types.

The woman I am typing keeps her emotions much more suppressed and has very clear logic in almost every sentence. In fact, I do not think she has said a single truly goofy thing to me.
You have said how you do not know her that well. I am anxious about showing my "goofy" side too soon.

I almost want to say that her expressions of emotion seem filtered through her logic. You were in the other thread where I talked about how I had analyzed some of her photos and when I checked with her if I was going too far she comes back with "I'm not afraid of your desire to know me better." I mean, who says anything that way? That sounds like a line straight out of a Vulcan exchange on Star Trek. :) That sounds like someone using their Thinking function to allude to an unstated emotion. Her conversations are littered with sentences like this.
That doesn't sound like emotions filtered through logic... And can this not count as goofiness? You find her manner of speaking strange but I think she's being honest and open here. Like NIHM said in the other thread, she's flirting with you. If she is genuinely an ENFP then it would be incredibly unlikely that she is not being genuine here. It's a literal invite, she wants you to bite.

Vulcan to me implies that emotion was removed, perhaps it only seems that way because the internet removes her facial expression and tone. I guarantee she probably said that with an almost mischievous but mostly curious and warm smile.

When a type often compared to Vulcans (INTJ) thinks you sound more Vulcan than most INTJs, then that is something to pay attention to. And as a fellow Vulcan I have to say I find her strange expressions quite attractive. :)

:spacecraft-1:
Encourage her to talk about these face to face. Hopefully you will still find her oddity attractive.

Do you feel that you express Ti? You test similar to her. To me there is something incomplete in the MBTI system in how it is describing ENFPs. It feels like there might be a segmentation of this type around the ability to express Ti.
I feel that I imitate Ti. I don't think that I genuinely rely on it more than Te. When it comes down to the core of it all I get easily frustrated with personal logic. To me Te is the only path when it's about logic and impersonal topics, I always strive for what has been established and proven (Te-Si). Ti for me is a playful tool but I feel like with those tests we can relate to Ti questions because we are still looking at it through a Fi filter, therefore when it's something like (although not so crude) "screw the rules, I make my own!" That will resonate with most perceivers. It's true, that's what we do, the difference is that ENFPs do it through a subjective lens and ENTPs through an objective one.

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
I feel that I imitate Ti. I don't think that I genuinely rely on it more than Te. When it comes down to the core of it all I get easily frustrated with personal logic. To me Te is the only path when it's about logic and impersonal topics, I always strive for what has been established and proven (Te-Si). Ti for me is a playful tool but I feel like with those tests we can relate to Ti questions because we are still looking at it through a Fi filter, therefore when it's something like (although not so crude) "screw the rules, I make my own!" That will resonate with most perceivers. It's true, that's what we do, the difference is that ENFPs do it through a subjective lens and ENTPs through an objective one.
That gave me an idea how I could distinct Ti and Fi better. There was a local domestic movie I recently watched (probably not available internationally) which was a comedy about couple who wanted to try a swingers relationship.

The main actor's role seemed to me like ENTP could possibly be - a lawyer whose mind generated a lot of ideas backed up by logical reasoning. His idea was that her wife could do that for him because of x,y,z. Okay ENFP could do that too :) Difference to me was that everything was logically reasoned and totally made a sense but was definitely lacking moral judgements :)

Also you are probably right about that we could see Ti through Fi lens in tests and thus it looks like Ti is strong for us. It looks to me that by the end of the day both give quite similar results and if you are older and developed enough, Fi seems to be like logic system on its own.

I don't know any strong Ti persons very closely but the ones I know seem actually somewhat similar compared to myself. It's hard to even describe why they are different - looks like their reasoning and judgement system is relying less on feelings than for Fi type but in the end it doesn't work too differently and is definitely not a very big difference for well developed personalities (compared to how different some other functions make us).

As the original question was about Fe and Fi differences, I'd add a little about that too. For me it sometimes also appears for example that way that I don't feel there's nothing wrong if I'm knowingly a bit offending towards other people until I'm not compromising my own values. Of course when there's need not that I prefer this behaviour over not doing so :)

·
Registered
ENFP-A - 2w3 - JEEP
5,109 Posts
Not sure if I'm a "black sheep" but in past I used to like a lot to argue with people and play devil's advocate :) Not sure why was that but sounds quite much like what you described about ENTP. Though at ages 35+ this trait has disappeared for me. Maybe I could have quite good Ti due to ~20 years of working in IT sector which requires this trait a lot? Not sure how seriously that could be taken but that Keys test mentioned somewhere above seemed to confirm that (completed it just for fun). But I'm definitely not Fe user.

But yeah, occasionally, rather rarely I still make fun out of playing devils advocate - throwing an intriguing topic or question in the air among certain groups of people just to see how they react and if they can reason themselves out of the situation.

Maybe it's still Fi not Ti for me and they are not that different that you can easily distinct them alone without considering other funcs? There are a few strong Ti users among my colleagues and honestly I don't always see clearly what's the difference with Fi (again, this might be because the way my Fi is developed could be affected by the working area). During work they also tend to use frequently words like "this feels the right solution" etc :)

Same here when considering Ne description but again black sheep considering Fi - I'm not afraid of showing emotions or even discussing them if I need to clear out something for myself :) Though recently I started to think that maybe I feel internally more emotions than it looks for the external observer. Not that I hide anything but when I happened to see some video clips and pictures about myself it doesn't look like I have too many facial expressions or other obvious changes I'm thinking I could have.
Yeah I'm a type 2w3 ENFP. I do not like to argue. I will argue with someone I love and respect if I feel it's important. I'm pretty laid back so not much bothers me. My ENTP best friend loves debating. I don't know what Ti feels like. Ni, Fe, Ti are foreign concepts to me. I mean I could try to put my feet in their shoes but I would be exhausted in the end. Probably because I'm a strong Ne, Fi, Te person.

I don't like showing discomfort to strangers. I would rather stick needles in my eyes than cry in public. Most of the time I'm 85% to 90% a bubbly ray of sunshine. I had one friend introduce me to another friend and stated get ready for the Sun. I also don't like discussing my feelings in public. The only time I show my emotions or discuss them to "clear something out" with someone if I care about them. If I don't care about them, no skin off my back and I hit the ignore button. No one is going to know I have a problem with them. If I do start to argue with someone hey at least they know they're sliding into the trusted section.

Like Falling Foxes and I have had it out over a subject on a post in public. I know shocker for a 2w3. I stuck to my guns and he stuck to his. In the end he stated we would agree to disagree but I stuck it out with him and I didn't hit the ignore button. That's when I realized he was a friend and not just some random Joe on the internet to me. He's earned that spot in my head, I don't know if I've earned the spot in return but I can only worry about my own feelings for people. Other people on this site (can't remember the names) have tried to have it out with me sometimes by private message or by airing it out in public. If they're strangers and I don't really know them, I just hit the ignore button. Again to get my negative feelings out of me is a privilege in my eyes and trust is earned. Fi vs Fe. The only time a friend can loose the golden bond of friendship with me is if they hit me with a huge moral issue, like telling me they're a Nazi. Again, I can work something out with someone but I first have to like them. Honestly, I don't get hurt feelings when I person I don't know does not like me or tries to troll me. I may giggle at their attempt but I move on. It only stings when I thought the person was in a respected bubble in my head. Now, have I briefly over shared my feelings on this site? Yes. I do have brief moments where I'll blab that a Hurricane was about to destroy my house and family vacation home and yes melt down happened. I came here for knowledge on that. Regretted it soon after but it still happened. lol I still have moments here and there, though the last couple of months I'm pinning that on fertility drugs at the moment.

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
Yeah I'm a type 2w3 ENFP. I do not like to argue. I will argue with someone I love and respect if I feel it's important. I'm pretty laid back so not much bothers me. My ENTP best friend loves debating. I don't know what Ti feels like. Ni, Fe, Ti are foreign concepts to me. I mean I could try to put my feet in their shoes but I would be exhausted in the end. Probably because I'm a strong Ne, Fi, Te person.

I don't like showing discomfort to strangers. I would rather stick needles in my eyes than cry in public. Most of the time I'm 85% to 90% a bubbly ray of sunshine. I had one friend introduce me to another friend and stated get ready for the Sun. I also don't like discussing my feelings in public. The only time I show my emotions are discuss them to "clear something out" with someone if I care about them. If I don't care about them, no skin off my back and I hit the ignore button. No one is going to know I have a problem with them. If I do start to argue with someone hey at least they know they're sliding into the trusted section.

Like Falling Foxes and I have had it out over a subject on a post in public. I know shocker for a 2w3. I stuck to my guns and he stuck to his. In the end he stated we would agree to disagree but I stuck it out with him and I didn't hit the ignore button. That's when I realized he was a friend and not just some random Joe on the internet to me. He's earned that spot in my head, I don't know if I've earned the spot in return but I can only worry about my own feelings for people. Other people on this site (can't remember the names) have tried to have it out with me sometimes by private message or by airing it out in public. If they're strangers and I don't really know them, I just hit the ignore button. Again to get my negative feelings out of me is a privilege in my eyes and trust is earned. Fi vs Fe. The only time a friend can loose the golden bond of friendship with me is if they hit me with a huge moral issue, like telling me they're a Nazi. Again, I can work something out with someone but I first have to like them. Honestly, I don't get hurt feelings when I person I don't know does not like me or tries to troll me. I may giggle at their attempt but I move on. It only stings when I thought the person was in a respected bubble in my head. Now, have I briefly over shared my feelings on this site. Yes. I do have brief moments where I'll blab that a Hurricane was about to destroy my house and family vacation home and yes melt down happened. I came here for knowledge on that. Regretted it soon after but it still happened. lol I still have moments here and there, though the last couple of months I'm pinning that on fertility drugs at the moment.
I can mimic Fe, definitely have some Ti due to my working area and Ni is also not a foreign concept to me (though I experience those moments rarely).

That's interesting to see how different people of same type can be :) And ENFP is definitely a very versatile type by my understandings so far :) You can never estimate or determine how they'll act next. And that's not bad at all - that's why we attract some people.

·
Registered
4,567 Posts
Like Falling Foxes and I have had it out over a subject on a post in public. I know shocker for a 2w3. I stuck to my guns and he stuck to his. In the end he stated we would agree to disagree but I stuck it out with him and I didn't hit the ignore button. That's when I realized he was a friend and not just some random Joe on the internet to me. He's earned that spot in my head, I don't know if I've earned the spot in return but I can only worry about my own feelings for people.
Of course you have. <3 I think you might have taken how I acted personaly because I remember my first impressions of you being ones of admiration and I mean that sincerely. I don't think I am completely aware of when I cross the line. I think I make a habit of that kind of attitude on here... cause same thing happened with Alassea.

Maybe I am an Aries... Haha.

Now, have I briefly over shared my feelings on this site? Yes. I do have brief moments where I'll blab that a Hurricane was about to destroy my house and family vacation home and yes melt down happened. I came here for knowledge on that. Regretted it soon after but it still happened. lol I still have moments here and there, though the last couple of months I'm pinning that on fertility drugs at the moment.
You should know though, that you have a support network here. So I hope you don't regret it because of any misplaced ideas of burdening others. Sometimes we all just need to off-load and I guess you don't feel the same but I find it much easier to do here than I do with my friends in person.

Anyway, it's not everyone's form of therapy but there's no shame in that.

·
Registered
897 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I don't like showing discomfort to strangers. I would rather stick needles in my eyes than cry in public. Most of the time I'm 85% to 90% a bubbly ray of sunshine. I had one friend introduce me to another friend and stated get ready for the Sun. I also don't like discussing my feelings in public. The only time I show my emotions or discuss them to "clear something out" with someone if I care about them. If I don't care about them, no skin off my back and I hit the ignore button. No one is going to know I have a problem with them. If I do start to argue with someone hey at least they know they're sliding into the trusted section.
Would it be a fair generalization then to say that an ENFP is someone who will eagerly show you her positive emotions, but carefully hide or restrain anything negative, except to those she really knows and trusts?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts