Personality Cafe banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So im very interested in an INFP girl, shes sweet and shes so cute how shes an introvert and shes just great but it kinda makes me think she wouldnt go for me when she tells me that i flirt with alot of girls but i try convincing her that its just because im a social person but i think its hard from her perspective because she doesnt talk to nearly as many people as i do but idk what to do and i like her alot and ugh what to do what to do thankies!

·
Registered
INFP 4w5 sx
4,016 Posts
If she was me:
/ If possible:

Be friendly, be personal, be helpful, give her genuine attention for many months. Get to now each other on deeper levels. Talk about values, ideals, dreams, goals. (hopefully you find similarities and you two can relate well).

Don't be too intense though or create (unwanted / unpredicted) pressure or expectations, this can happen much quicker then you might realize (especially since she knows she likes you?). Give her space and the chance to initiate interaction with you.

Be laidback, flexible, but also serious. Be trustworthy, act on promises and act like who you say you are.
Be patient, can take a while before you get closer, but this is an important basis for INFP's generally.

Good luck :D

·
Registered
INFP(?) 9w1 sp/sx ♀
1,221 Posts
Be friendly, be personal, be helpful, give her genuine attention for many months. Get to now each other on deeper levels. Talk about values, ideals, dreams, goals. (hopefully you find similarities and you two can relate well).

Don't be too intense though or create (unwanted / unpredicted) pressure or expectations, this can happen much quicker then you might realize (especially since she knows she likes you?). Give her space and the chance to initiate interaction with you.

Be laidback, flexible, but also serious. Be trustworthy, act on promises and act like who you say you are.
Be patient, can take a while before you get closer, but this is an important basis for INFP's generally.
This is about as accurate as it gets (from my perspective, anyway).

I know I particularly love deep conversations about values, ideals, dreams, and so on. Looking for similarities is always a good thing, but even if you disagree, you can perhaps talk it out with her and see her reasoning behind things (I got closer to the person I have feelings for by having intellectual conversations about differing ideals, so as long as the conversations are civil and intellectually stimulating, I'm sure she'll like it).

You might want to make the time you and her spend together seem special compared to the interactions you have with other people, and if you're genuine about it, she'll probably begin to feel closer to you (happened with me, but I will not speak for all INFPs). Make this step slow and progressive, and give her plenty of space, especially when she really needs it.

@nicoloco90 summed it up perfectly right there. The whole thing he said is pretty much on-point.

Best of luck!! :happy:

·
Registered
701 Posts
Don't push her, be consistent. If a guy is a flirt, I would be suspective as well. I would be afraid to end up heartbroken by him. I think she just needs some time to get to know you, be patient and there for her. Like that she can trust you with her heart. :)

·
Registered
INFP 4w5 sx
4,016 Posts
and I genuinely agree with the additions made by @BlazeSeeker14 :) I personally love those deep one-on-one intellectual or personal conversations as well. Whether you agree or not, indeed be civil and open-minded. (i can't always pull that off)

I forgot to mention, try to avoid questioning her values or directly criticising them. However, if you really want to, be very careful, it is like going into a life or death duel with an INFP.

·
Registered
7,063 Posts
This is very useful information for me too, thank you for the replies. I find it difficult to determine whether absence indicates disinterest or just a temporary need for space. I believe, based on the responses thus far, that I should treat it as the latter.
Yes x 1,000. That's been the biggest thing my wife has had to learn. Sometimes I have a strong emotion, or get overloaded, and need a "time out". It has generally nothing to do with her.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts