Personality Cafe banner

what type?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Inxx?

So the first impression people usually get of me is that i am very smart.. I am kind of aloof, in my head, quiet, i am pretty sure i am an introvert and intuitive.

When I get to know people more I am capable of pretty deep emotions but have difficulty with expressing it and sometimes getting others to express theirs. Feels awkward at times. I think about relationships a lot, but kind of on a theory level. I want to figure out a person and get in their mind before I decide weather or not I love them.

I am in nursing school around a bunch of sensors. I want to do more longer term care (like ICU) to have a more comfortable established relationship with the patient and continuity of care. I don't like having 4 or 5 new patients each day and expected to know everything about them so quickly. I find those details draining. I also enjoy the rush of ER though and like a fast pace that keeps me on my toes. I'd rather get into management where my big picture thinking can be used more effectively. Certain people energize me, but even those after a while drain me and I need to be alone. I do find it helpful to have people around me to be accountable. If I didn't have a roommate my apartment and room would probably look like crud. The sensing side I do have is probably extroverted because Si is like torture to me. It is painful for me to look back at the past too closely, I can be sentimental but not like an INFP. I also like motorcycles and driving really fast. I am better in writing than anything.

I am very aloof at times, the kind of person that hears things 10 times and then finally *gets* the true meaning and wonders who else really understands on that level. I look for my cell phone while I am talking on it, I run into things constantly.

People that come to me for advice have told me I am the only person that understands and that I am a friend that treats them better than family does. But on the other hand when people show emotion around me though sometimes I can freeze and not know what to do and feel like I am letting them down. Friends have also told me I treat them coldly and impersonally and treat them like a patient. I am in my head most of the time, trying to figure out and analyze things. I love math and learning other languages. When people don't know me, they say I "puzzle" them, or that I came off intimidating and extremely intelligent. People that know me well say I'm one of the smartest people they have ever met.

I think it comes down to my comfort level... only less than a handful of people am I extremely close to. My roommate who I have lived with for 4 years thinks I'm more of a thinker. But maybe it's because I have heard the same crap and have lost some sympathy. When it's strangers, I may say I'm sorry and that their situation sucks if they talk to me about it, but I won't ask them a lot about it unless it's someone I really care about or a patient. When I was getting to know her, I was sympathetic to my roommate because I wanted to get along with her and have a good living environment. But over the years I have probably hardened a little with her.

Anyways, any feedback you have on what type you think I am would help. Thanks.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Their affinity for detail, their seeming more "present" in the moment rather than spacey. Just a gut feeling as well I suppose after observing mannerisms.

·
MOTM August 2012
3,467 Posts
Their affinity for detail, their seeming more "present" in the moment rather than spacey. Just a gut feeling as well I suppose after observing mannerisms.
So this probably indicates that you have at least something of a preference for Intuition (possibly Ni). The reason I asked is that Intuitives have a tendency to state things as fact that are actually just notions or gut-feelings.

From reading just that short blurb I really don't think you are a Feeling type, I'd probably place you as an INTJ maybe. You definitely make a number of references to your difficulties around sensation (and sensation types), but I really don't get much of an Extraverted Feeling vibe from you to be an INFJ. And definitely not the Thinking issues or strong enough Si to be an INFP or ISFP. So I think INTJ would be my preliminary guess.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for your opinion! Yeah I am pretty sure Ni is my lead function. The second one is a bit harder to figure out because it's not as strong which ever it is. I know I can seem cold and straight-forward but I know INFJ's seem that way too when they have Ni turned out because both types just "know" things and know they're right. When i'm intuiting, i'm not judging at all, not using F or T. I am still a young'n and need to work on strengthening whichever one is more natural. My Ni told me there was a reason you were asking me that and that my answer of having a gut feeling would make it come out even more. I can tell it's on pretty strong right now bcause I am unable to even make a judgment about what you just said lol.

I appreciate the time you took to read this.

·
Banned
748 Posts
Let's play this or that. For every set of sentences, please select the one that describes you best! And tell us which you chose, of course. :)

Adapts the individual to the objective situation.

OR

Adapts the objective situation to the individual by the simple process of excluding or ignoring the unacceptable.

---

Consists of a succession of concrete representations that are set in motion not so much by an inner thought activity as by the changing stream of sense perceptions.

OR

Consists of an inner thought activity, tied loosely if at all to the stream of sense impressions, which are dimmed by the vividness of the stream of inner impressions.

---

Depends upon the facts of experience and regards the abstract idea as unsubstantial and of negligible importance.

OR

Depends upon the abstract idea as the decisive factor, and values facts chiefly as illustrative proofs of the idea.

---

Depends wholly upon the ideals, conventions, and customs of the environment, and is extensive rather than deep.

OR

Depends upon abstract feeling - ideals such as love, patriotism, religion, and loyalty, and is deep and passionate rather than extensive.

---

Dwells upon the details of the concrete case, including irrelevancies.

OR

Seizes upon the similarities of the concrete case, dismissing irrelevancies.

---

Expresses itself easily and so shares itself with others, creating and arousing similar feeling and establishing warm sympathy and understanding.

OR

May be too overpowering to be expressed at all, creating a false appearance of coldness to the point of indifference, and be completely misunderstood.

---

Finds soundness and value outside of the individual in the collective ideals of the community, which are usually accepted without question.

OR

Finds soundness and value inside one's self from one's own inner wealth and powers of appreciation and abstraction.

---

Has a tendency to multiply facts until their meaning is smothered and thinking paralyzed.

OR

Has a tendency to neglect facts or to coerce them into agreement with the idea, selecting only those which support the idea.

---

Has a tendency to suppress the personal standpoint entirely, and presents the danger of becoming a feeling personality, giving the effect of insincerity and pose.

OR

Has a tendency to find no objective fulfillment or realization, or outlet - for expression, and presents the danger of living upon sentiment, illusion, and self-pity.

---

Has as goal the formation and maintenance of easy and harmonious emotional relationships with other people.

OR

Has as goal the fostering and protection of an intense inner emotional life, and, so far as possible, the outer fulfillment and realization of the inner ideal.

---

Has as its goal the solution of practical problems, discovery and classification of facts, criticism and modification of generally accepted ideas, planning or programs, and developing of formulas.

OR

Has as its goal formulating questions, creating theories, opening up of prospects, yielding insight, and finally, seeing how external facts fit into the framework of the idea or theory it has created.

---

Is determined chiefly by the objective factor and serves to make the individual feel correctly, that is, conventionally, under all circumstances.

OR

Is determined chiefly by the subjective factor and serves as a guide to the emotional acceptance or rejection of various aspects of life.

---

Is fed from objective data - facts and borrowed ideas.

OR

Is fed from subjective and unconscious roots - archetypes.

---

Relies on the facts outside of the thinker, which are more decisive than the thinking itself, for soundness and value.

OR

Relies on the thinker's powers of observation and appreciation and use of the inner wealth of inherited experience for soundness and value.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Adapts the individual to the objective situation.

OR

Adapts the objective situation to the individual by the simple process of excluding or ignoring the unacceptable.

---

Consists of a succession of concrete representations that are set in motion not so much by an inner thought activity as by the changing stream of sense perceptions.

OR

Consists of an inner thought activity, tied loosely if at all to the stream of sense impressions, which are dimmed by the vividness of the stream of inner impressions.

---

Depends upon the facts of experience and regards the abstract idea as unsubstantial and of negligible importance.

OR

Depends upon the abstract idea as the decisive factor, and values facts chiefly as illustrative proofs of the idea.

---

Depends wholly upon the ideals, conventions, and customs of the environment, and is extensive rather than deep.

OR I DON'T LIKE THIS QUESTION. EVEN IF I WAS EXTENSIVE THAT DOESN'T MEAN I'M NOT DEEP AND IT'S NOT COMING FROM A DEEP PLACE. WHOEVER WROTE THIS QUESTION WAS AN Fi BIASED AGAINST Fe.

Depends upon abstract feeling - ideals such as love, patriotism, religion, and loyalty, and is deep and passionate rather than extensive.

---

Dwells upon the details of the concrete case, including irrelevancies.

OR

Seizes upon the similarities of the concrete case, dismissing irrelevancies.

---

Expresses itself easily and so shares itself with others, creating and arousing similar feeling and establishing warm sympathy and understanding.

OR

May be too overpowering to be expressed at all, creating a false appearance of coldness to the point of indifference, and be completely misunderstood.

---

Finds soundness and value outside of the individual in the collective ideals of the community, which are usually accepted without question.

OR AGAIN, I AM NOT AN AIRHEAD THAT DOESN'T THINK FOR MYSELF. Fe IS NOT A BAD THING.

Finds soundness and value inside one's self from one's own inner wealth and powers of appreciation and abstraction.

---

Has a tendency to multiply facts until their meaning is smothered and thinking paralyzed.

OR

Has a tendency to neglect facts or to coerce them into agreement with the idea, selecting only those which support the idea.

---

Has a tendency to suppress the personal standpoint entirely, and presents the danger of becoming a feeling personality, giving the effect of insincerity and pose.

OR

Has a tendency to find no objective fulfillment or realization, or outlet - for expression, and presents the danger of living upon sentiment, illusion, and self-pity.

---

Has as goal the formation and maintenance of easy and harmonious emotional relationships with other people.

OR

Has as goal the fostering and protection of an intense inner emotional life, and, so far as possible, the outer fulfillment and realization of the inner ideal.

---

Has as its goal the solution of practical problems, discovery and classification of facts, criticism and modification of generally accepted ideas, planning or programs, and developing of formulas.

OR

Has as its goal formulating questions, creating theories, opening up of prospects, yielding insight, and finally, seeing how external facts fit into the framework of the idea or theory it has created.

---

Is determined chiefly by the objective factor and serves to make the individual feel correctly, that is, conventionally, under all circumstances.

OR

Is determined chiefly by the subjective factor and serves as a guide to the emotional acceptance or rejection of various aspects of life.

---

Is fed from objective data - facts and borrowed ideas.

OR

Is fed from subjective and unconscious roots - archetypes.

---

Relies on the facts outside of the thinker, which are more decisive than the thinking itself, for soundness and value.

OR

Relies on the thinker's powers of observation and appreciation and use of the inner wealth of inherited experience for soundness and value.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts