Personality Cafe banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, since this guy can't find his personality type by himself, I'd like for you to help me.

I'm 19 years old. Originally from Latin America but I've moved around and ended in Germany, where I am at the moment. I'd like to say I'm polite, calmed and kind of sarcastic. Socially awkward, finding a way to make everything look and sound pervert or wrong. My friends tell me I'm emotionally and physically dry, I don't like hugs unless they're from a few selected person, only one till this date. They say I'm independent, manipulative(I'll get to that later), stubborn, loyal and insensitive.

My interest vary, I like books, normally I'd go for fantasy but lately I've been really interested in psychology books. I like history and I have some books of history on list to get but haven't read yet because I'm lazy as fuck. Most of the time I'm either reading, drowning myself on reddit or gaming if I don't have anything better to do. I like poetry. I like alternative rock and house music.

I'm emotionally void, I don't really feel much or used to feel much. If someone said something that was supposed to make me feel bad, I knew I should feel that way but I'm on a river and I just go with the wave, not really feeling much. I can come out of it and feel to some extent but I always end up trusting too much, loving too much and getting disappointed, so fuck that. When I feel angry, before I take any action I sit down and think about it logically. Taking into account why I feel the why I feel, is it worth feeling that way, are those feeling valid? I don't take my feelings into account when making decisions or at least not much. When under a lot of emotional pressure it manifest physically as I cannot cry.

If something had an impact on me, I will never forget it even if it's something small. I still remember things from when I was like 2. I wish that would work on knowing where I keep my keys, lol, but I'm getting a grip on that. For some reason, I like to appear or to be seem as dumb, saying I don't know how to do things even if I know how, knowing things that people do behind my back but not reacting, that kind of thing. Although it's mainly done unconsciously which was what I referred to with the manipulation, it's also unconsciously.

I'm really good at problem solving and love finding patterns, I'm really good at it. I like to know what makes people tick. I'm adaptive to my environment, my core doesn't change but I feel as I can talk about anything with anyone. A jack of all trades.

Every once in a while I take my time to examine myself, watch where I'm going. Examine if my thoughts are my own and not imposed by someone else, I'm also really blunt, I learned to filter myself a bit but something always escapes my grasp. When I'm angry I'm not afraid to flip them off, but I never use something you say against you and I will never insult you or something that would truly hurt you. I mean I can call you stupid or something, but I guess you know what I mean. All of this while remaining calm, never screaming unless I'm being screamed at, I fucking hate it and it makes my blood boil. I usually just end it and go for a walk, I really like walking near or in forests and it helps me calm myself.

My fear in live is not finding my purpose, having endured everything I did, the rape, the abuse from my family, having endured that for nothing. I don't think it's a true fear but I'd be pissed and would have a talk with the devil...

When stressed, I would take a long bath and masturbate if I cannot do those things I would probably count from 1000 to 0.

I have a very wild imagination, which helps me write most of the things I do but at the same time is a curse. I notice many things or well, I don't notice them immediately but save them for later use. For example, I had a friend and he broke my trust, now I remember every little single thing that he did that signalled that he was going that path but that I decided to ignore and I get lost on a sea of possibilities, which I have to shut before getting headache. I often only focus on the best three possibilities and explore each one.

I'm not sure what else I could say that can help you help me, besides my score on Keys2Cognition:

Se 15.2
Si 43.5
Ne 30.7
Ni 36.4
Te 27.3
Ti 37.8
Fe 17.6
Fi 32.1

INTp-TE on Socionics.

If you have any question that you feel could help you, please, go ahead. I'm pretty sure I'm IXTX.
Thanks for reading and in advance.

·
Registered
385 Posts
I like your title. Would it also come with a pat on the back or a handshake? I kid, of course.

Three things before I dive in:

1. Title alone made me think Fe, but maybe it's stupid or inaccurate of me to get that kind of impression.

2. "Ode to Dream", huh? With a username like that, I bet people would peg you as an N or even an NF. I don't think you're an NF, though.

3. There's likely better and more experienced typers on here than me, but I'll still give you my impressions.

I'd like to say I'm polite, calmed and kind of sarcastic. Socially awkward, finding a way to make everything look and sound pervert or wrong.
So that makes me think IxTP.

I'm emotionally void
You mention down below having some kind of history with abuse. I've personally been under the impression that a background like that can cause someone to be mistaken for a thinking type, if they aren't truly one. Being emotionally dead after having been abused sounds pretty typical.

I can come out of it and feel to some extent but I always end up trusting too much, loving too much and getting disappointed, so fuck that.
I'm not going to consider this as an indicator of your type, either.

When I feel angry, before I take any action I sit down and think about it logically. Taking into account why I feel the why I feel, is it worth feeling that way, are those feeling valid? I don't take my feelings into account when making decisions or at least not much.
Now this I'll take as a potential indicator of your type. Not wanting to be too rash, sitting down and thinking about feelings logically, choosing to not take feelings into account when making decisions. Thinking INTP.

I like to appear or to be seem as dumb, saying I don't know how to do things even if I know how, knowing things that people do behind my back but not reacting, that kind of thing. Although it's mainly done unconsciously which was what I referred to with the manipulation, it's also unconsciously.
Almost more of a rhetorical question than anything, why would you want to be seen as dumb? To see their reactions?

I'm really good at problem solving and love finding patterns
First impression: Ti-Ne

I like to know what makes people tick. I'm adaptive to my environment, my core doesn't change but I feel as I can talk about anything with anyone. A jack of all trades.
"My core doesn't change". I feel like that kind of thing could make someone think Te-Fi, but I feel like that could be potentially doing a disservice to people who are Ti-Fe. The rest of it, yeah, still sounds INTP to me. "Jack of all trades". Say that and someone will think you're Ne, definitely.

Every once in a while I take my time to examine myself, watch where I'm going. Examine if my thoughts are my own and not imposed by someone else, I'm also really blunt, I learned to filter myself a bit but something always escapes my grasp.
Debating between Ti-Fe and Te-Fi again. I wonder if the latter would care to filter themselves as much or if they'd see that as being too much of a damper on their individuality. But I might be doing them, too, a disservice by suggesting that. Either way, makes me think T over F, with F still having some influence as it will. You also mentioned being "socially awkward" so that makes me think being blunt isn't so much about individuality to you and expressing yourself however you want regardless of whatever other people think and their feelings, it's just social awkwardness.

I mean I can call you stupid or something, but I guess you know what I mean.
lol

I get lost on a sea of possibilities, which I have to shut before getting headache. I often only focus on the best three possibilities and explore each one.
Being able to apparently comfortably enough focus on three possibilities and explore each one... Makes me think you're not an INTJ. I'm not sure that's the kind of thing they'd want to do, but it does seem sensible to narrow down multiple possibilities to just a few.

Se 15.2
Si 43.5
Ne 30.7
Ni 36.4
Te 27.3
Ti 37.8
Fe 17.6
Fi 32.1
So your top four here are...

1. Si at 43.5
2. Ti at 37.8
3. Ni at 36.4
4. Fi at 32.1

Notably these are all introverted functions. So two of these have to be the odd ones out.

Then after that is...

5. Ne - 30.7
6. Te - 27.3
7. Fe - 17.6
8. Se - 15.2

I think you're an INTP. I could be wrong, I could be missing something, but that's my impression so far.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I like your title. Would it also come with a pat on the back or a handshake? I kid, of course.

Three things before I dive in:

1. Title alone made me think Fe, but maybe it's stupid or inaccurate of me to get that kind of impression.

2. "Ode to Dream", huh? With a username like that, I bet people would peg you as an N or even an NF. I don't think you're an NF, though.

3. There's likely better and more experienced typers on here than me, but I'll still give you my impressions.

So that makes me think IxTP.

You mention down below having some kind of history with abuse. I've personally been under the impression that a background like that can cause someone to be mistaken for a thinking type, if they aren't truly one. Being emotionally dead after having been abused sounds pretty typical.

I'm not going to consider this as an indicator of your type, either.

Now this I'll take as a potential indicator of your type. Not wanting to be too rash, sitting down and thinking about feelings logically, choosing to not take feelings into account when making decisions. Thinking INTP.

Almost more of a rhetorical question than anything, why would you want to be seen as dumb? To see their reactions?

First impression: Ti-Ne

"My core doesn't change". I feel like that kind of thing could make someone think Te-Fi, but I feel like that could be potentially doing a disservice to people who are Ti-Fe. The rest of it, yeah, still sounds INTP to me. "Jack of all trades". Say that and someone will think you're Ne, definitely.

Debating between Ti-Fe and Te-Fi again. I wonder if the latter would care to filter themselves as much or if they'd see that as being too much of a damper on their individuality. But I might be doing them, too, a disservice by suggesting that. Either way, makes me think T over F, with F still having some influence as it will. You also mentioned being "socially awkward" so that makes me think being blunt isn't so much about individuality to you and expressing yourself however you want regardless of whatever other people think and their feelings, it's just social awkwardness.

lol

Being able to apparently comfortably enough focus on three possibilities and explore each one... Makes me think you're not an INTJ. I'm not sure that's the kind of thing they'd want to do, but it does seem sensible to narrow down multiple possibilities to just a few.

So your top four here are...

1. Si at 43.5
2. Ti at 37.8
3. Ni at 36.4
4. Fi at 32.1

Notably these are all introverted functions. So two of these have to be the odd ones out.

Then after that is...

5. Ne - 30.7
6. Te - 27.3
7. Fe - 17.6
8. Se - 15.2

I think you're an INTP. I could be wrong, I could be missing something, but that's my impression so far.
First and foremost, thanks for taking the time to read and answer the post. And, of course it can come with a pat. My name is a combination of songs I like, which are "Ode to Sleep - Twenty One Pilots" and "Dream - Imagine Dragons". I feel kind of connected to the lyrics and I don't know, I felt like that was the perfect username.

"Now this I'll take as a potential indicator of your type. Not wanting to be too rash, sitting down and thinking about feelings logically, choosing to not take feelings into account when making decisions. Thinking INTP."

Yeah, even if I'm pissed and don't get my time to cool down and think rationally, I would still be fuming inside while remaining calm although what would be coming out of my mouth says otherwise.

"Almost more of a rhetorical question than anything, why would you want to be seen as dumb? To see their reactions?"

Well, it started as a lazy thing. If I don't know how to do something, than I won't be forced to do it. I developed it when I was younger and I guess it just stick but I'm not sure if I will keep doing this, while I don't have to do much because I "don't know", people see me as stupid and it irks me when people underestimate me although I know it is my own fault.

"First impression: Ti-Ne"

Yeah, that is what I was thinking.

"lol"

What I actually meant was, I'm not like some people that use your weakness against you in an argument, like for example my now ex-bestfriend, we we're arguing about something and he suddenly used my depression against me, he used it as an insult.

"I think you're an INTP. I could be wrong, I could be missing something, but that's my impression so far."

Yeah, the more I think about it the more I see it. It's just that I don't share the elitism that I've seen from some INTPs here and there. I also do have feelings, while I have problem expressing them and even my family calls me cold and dry, they're still there.

"I'd say a Ti dom or auxillary Ti, likely paired with Ne-Si."

Yeah, I think you're both right. It will take a while to say it with confidence but I'm positive.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts