1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Prerequisites

What age range are you in?
-I'm 18

Any disorders or conditions we should know about?
-None that I know of, or have ever been diagnosed with.

Main Questions

1. What do you think your life is about? What drives you in life? This can be something like a goal or a purpose, or anything else that comes to mind.
-My goal, or purpose I guess, is to succeed in what I think life is. This comprises of a number of things. Learning and getting into a profession or career that I like, and will provide for my family and me. To marry a woman that compliments me, and that I would like to spend my life with, and have children with said woman, and raise them to be able to succeed in their lives. They way I would do that is give them as many experiences as I could. Travel a lot, see the world, get them to try different sports, music, read, write, code, anything really.

2. What were you like as a kid?
-As a kid, I was usually quiet, and reserved. Recently was going through some pictures when I was younger, and in all of them where I had a choice of where I wanted to stand, I would almost always be away from my 3 siblings, of which I was the youngest. I was always the smartest in my grade, and just about everyone would come to me with their questions, even adults or my teachers. I also had terrible anger issues for most of elementary school. My siblings would always lie to my parents and blame me for everything, and nothing made me angrier. I was the only one that wouldn't break the rules, and I was the only one that would get in trouble. Eventually I learned to just withdraw myself from the situations, and that the anger never helped, only made everything worse, and from then on I was fine.

3. Describe your relationship with your parents. Does anything stand out about the way you interacted?
-My relationship with my parents is... strange I guess thinking about it. We never really acted like parents and son, more like, guardians and guardee. I think I can recall my mom telling me she loves me like, twice. My dad never did. Same with them saying they were proud of me, or anything like that. I always did as I was told, and did my best to not be a bad kid. I never really talked to them about anything personal, and neither did they. They were simply, the people assigned to get me to adulthood alive. I neither resent them, nor feel close to them. I respect them both, and love them I guess in the sense that I would obey them or respect their decisions.

4. What values are important to you? What do you hope to avoid doing or being?
-Honesty, integrity, the likes. Like I said above, my siblings always lied about me to my parents, so I can't stand lying now. It's one of the few things that will immediately make me lose all respect for someone. I try to avoid lying myself, and I hope that I never become that annoying person in the group, you know that one person that no one likes, yet everyone tolerates? Yeah, I do everything I can to avoid being that person. I also try to avoid being a failure, or letting my friends/family down.

5. Aside from phobias, are there any fears that characterized your childhood? Have they continued into the present day, or not, and if not, how have you dealt with them?
-I've always been afraid to fail. To let the people down that depend on me, my friends, family, teacher, coworker, boss, etc. When I was younger especially, I tried to avoid all responsibility because I was so terrified of failing. Now however, I know that I'm one of the most dependable people I know, and that I'll do just about anything within my power to keep the trust that I've been given by those I care about. I still get fearful, or anxious before an especially important event, where I am being required to fulfill an important role, but I can generally calm myself knowing that I am indeed capable of success.

6. a.) How do you see yourself?
-I see myself as... Myself? I know who I am, what I'm good at, what I'm not good at. I know I'm smart, I can think quick on my feet, I can succeed in just about any situation. I'm not that social, and prefer to stay in smaller groups.

b.) How do you want others to see you?
-I want people to see me as I see myself. Smart, dependable, successful, honest, trustworthy. However most people don't see all of that because I tend to be unnoticeable. I do what I do, without bothering anyone, or making a big deal out of it.

c.) What do you dislike the most in other people?
-I can't stand how some people try to make everything about themselves. How self-absorbed so many people are. How much so many people lie, even to those that they have no need, or shouldn't be lying to, like their close friends, or spouses. That's just not right.

7. Which habit do you most automatically act on? Rank the following habits from most to least automatic, on a scale of 1 (most) to 3 (least).
a.) Work for personal gain with more concern for self than for others.

b.) Strive for a sense of tranquility in yourself and the world around you

c.) Decide what is right for the betterment of something or someone else.

8. Where does the wandering mind take you? What provokes this?
-It takes me everywhere. I explore a situation, and every possible outcome or explanation. It takes me to whats right, and wrong about a situation, and how what I would choose to do. A lot can provoke this. Being bored, someone asking me a question, doing tedious work, laying in bed, etc.

9.What makes you feel your best? What makes you feel your worst?
-I feel the best after I make what I know is a good decision. That I choose right in that situation, and either made someone close to me happy, or succeeded in an area I was worried I wouldn't succeed. What makes me feel the worst is when I know I messed up. I let those around me down, I made the wrong decision.

10. Let's talk about emotions. Explain what might make you feel the following, how they feel to you or how you react to the emotion:
a.) anger
-Lying makes me angry still. When someone blatantly lies to my face, and I either know that they just lied, or I find out later. Not much else makes me angry. Being angry honestly makes me feel like crap. I know its unbecoming, and I should avoid it, but it is so powerful sometimes, it's difficult to resist.

b.) shame
-When I consciously make the wrong decision, is when I feel shameful. I know whats right, and whats wrong, and choosing wrong just is shameful. I know I'm better than that, and that people depend on me. I don't have the right to choose wrong.

c.) anxiety
-Having a big decisions coming up, or having a lot of people counting on me to succeed or choose the right makes me super anxious. Nothing else really bothers me.

11. Describe how you respond to the following:
a.) stress
-I either force myself into some tedious labor, like cleaning, or working out, or I lose myself in my friends or a game for a bit.

b.) negative unexpected change
-I see the good in it, and move on.

c.) conflict
-I resolve it. I try to find a way to fix the problem.

12. a.) What kind of role are you naturally inclined to take in a group? Why?
-I have always naturally been the leader. I personally hate being the leader, but I've always either been assigned, or just naturally assumed the position because everyone I am with knows I am generally the most competent of the group, or that I will lead them in the right decision, and choose whats right for the group, not whats right for me.

b.) If put in power, how do you behave? Why?
-I behave more or less the same. I do what is necessary to succeed, and keep those that I have power over happy and safe. It's just what you should do as a leader, or someone in power. And it is what comes natural for me.

c.) Do you tend to struggle with others who have authority over you? Why?
-If they are competent, and fair. No. But if they are selfish, or incompetent, or lie, I will either leave the group, or slowly undermine them until I can either take their position, or leave.

13. What do you see or notice in others that most people don't?
-I tend to notice the parts of people they try to hide. Whether they are good traits, or bad traits. And I'm also pretty good at picking up when someone is being dishonest.

14. Comment on your relationship with trust.
-Trust is one of the only traits that is truly important to me. There are maybe 2 or 3 people I genuinely trust, and even then I don't expect them to be 100% trustworthy. That's just not going to happen, because we are human, and it is a part of human nature to be self-serving. A lot of people trust me though. And I do my best to not betray their trust.

15. Briefly: What religious and/or political beliefs do you have? Do you think they influenced your responses in this questionnaire?
-I was born and raised as a member of the LDS church, still am. I'd say they influenced me somewhat in my responses. I have always been taught to do what is right, simply because, it's right. Having strong morals, good work ethic, integrity, being honest, etc are all parts of what I learned as a kid. And I've always tried to follow those teachings, because in my opinion, they really are what you should do, and they are what lead to happiness. Now if I hadn't grown up in this religion, I think I would still be very similar to who I am today. I just would've made more mistakes up until this point :tongue:

Optional Question (due to personal nature)

Discuss an event that has impacted your life significantly; more importantly, how you responded to it.
-One of the most impactful events of my life thus far, would've been the first woman I loved. When I kept to my morals, it was the happiest time of my life. But due to the circumstances of where we were in our lives, it wasn't going to workout. I slowly started forsaking just about every part of me I had worked my entire life to build. When it finally ended between us, I had never felt worse. After a month or two I was able to realize that it wasn't all bad. I could look at the situation and see what I had learned, and how I could grow because of it. I knew for future relationships what would lead to contention between my SO and I, I knew what I wanted in a spouse. I was more confident in myself, and my ability to talk to girls. I knew that I could succeed in that area, if I stayed true to myself.

Extra Questions

Which of the following temptations do you find yourself acting upon the most? (And briefly state why)

- To constantly push yourself to be “the best”
- To be without needs, well-intentioned
- To replace direct experience with concepts
- To have an extreme sense of personal moral obligation
- To think that fulfillment is somewhere else
- To cyclically become indecisive and seek others for reassurance
- To overuse imagination in searching for yourself
- To avoid conflicts and asserting yourself
- To consider yourself entirely self-sufficient - This probably more than the others. I've always wanted more than anything to not have to rely on others, or be dependent. That way I can't let people down, and I have only myself to be accountable for. Whenever I start to succumb to thinking I am, I tend to fail at whatever I am working at, because I can't do it alone :rolleyes:

What's something you are: a.) thankful you have
-I'm thankful I have my mind. I know that I have the ability to look at situations objectively. I know that I am fairly smart in certain areas. I know that I have the ability to tell what is right from wrong, and decide accordingly.

b.) wish you could have? Why?
-I wish I had the ability to be able to just get along with everyone, and be a really sociable person. So much in life would be easier if I wasn't as reserved, and withdrawn from social situations.

Thanks for the help, if anyone takes the time to attempt to type me. I think I know my type, but I'd like a second opinion.

·
🎀
11,795 Posts
You really sound like some 369 or maybe 361 tritype,w2 with 3 and w5 with 6,not sure about the exact order
And why sx?You seem more so/sp

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You really sound like some 369 or maybe 361 tritype,w2 with 3 and w5 with 6,not sure about the exact order
And why sx?You seem more so/sp
What do you mean by 369 and 361 tritype? And I think I'm sx simply because my preferred interaction with other people, is either one on one, or in very small groups. I feel uncomfortable in large groups, so not SO, and I don't quite care as much to be completely alone or focused on myself, so not SP.

·
🎀
11,795 Posts
Well there's 3 types in the tritype,heart(2,3,4),head(5,6,7) and gut(8,9,1)

Nah,that's not sx,not liking large groups could be just introversion,I'm pretty sure you're not sx first

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
🎀
11,795 Posts
I'll do that, and also, just read up on the 6 enneatype, and I think I may be more 6 than 3. The way it described made me think about some stuff that I've always tried to ignore about myself, but it is very much present.
I also thought 6 core would be more likely than 3,even though you definitely have lots of 3 influence
What type do you think is your gut fix?

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Also, you were right. Definitely not sx. Am SO/SP. Barely any sx haha

Social
1) Generally, I positively associate with the idea of being a part of something larger than myself. Though I may find it either overwhelming, because of my astute awareness of what lies beyond my own interests, or inspiring.(1)
2) I am very aware of the impact my decision will have on others and can be quite attuned to their reactions and needs. I read people well.(4)
3) Being recognized or valued by my peers or community, for my contributions, is important to me.(2)
4) I tend to have strong opinions on social change and/or social constructs and trends.(3)
5) I am aware of not only my own relationships, but also power structures and the nature of bonds between other people. I have a deep understanding of interconnectedness between groups and people who comprise them. In other words, I am good at perceiving the many facets of how a group works within its context and outside of it. I easily pick up on how I fit into the social hierarchy, whether or not I approve of it.(4)
6) I am socially aware, but I can also be reserved and socially distant.(5)
7) If I gravitate towards group (s)/institution (s)/gathering(s)of my choosing, I can be quite involved with championing the values and goals of this grouping.(5)
8) I tend to keep track of current events, even when not required to for my career performance.(3)
9) At my worst I am either strongly conformist or excessively anti-society/counter culture. At my best, my relationships with others are ones of healthy interdependence, and I may be inclined to strong individual leadership or display deep commitment in establishing teamwork and collaboration. (5)
10) "no man is an island." Everything is part of an interconnected web, like it or not. (3)
35/50
Self Preservation
1) I am acutely aware of my physical safety (though sometimes I will choose to do something dangerous anyway)(4)
2) when I go to a party, I immediately notice the temperature, the smells and where the food is (2)
3) I am very health conscious (1)
4) financial/career, physical and/or romantic security are very important to me (4)
5) if I have an injury or a health related problem, I typically notice quickly (2)
6) I tend to save a decent amount of my money (3)
7) predictability is important to me. the sooner I can know about things in advance, the better.(3)
8) when I'm under stress, things like health, finances, hygiene or other things that I normally stay on top of start to slip, sometimes severely.(2)
9) I'm acutely aware of cause and effect, particularly when the potential consequences are dire. if my friends listened to me more, they'd end up making a lot less stupid mistakes (4)
10) physical comfort is important to me. I can get distracted by things like uncomfortable seats, high humidity or bodily pain when I'm trying to enjoy time with my friends (3)
28/50
Sexual
1) I have an addictive personality (1)
2) "if it's not worth doing in excess, it's not worth doing at all" (0)
3) people generally think I'm "too much". in lots of situations, I feel like it's expected of me to tone myself down considerably (which I will either refuse to do or do so begrudgingly) (0)
4) my energy is either "on" or "off". when I'm in the presence of someone who I vibe with my mind does an internal "YES! FINALLY!" and I try to start a conversation with that person (2)
5) I can be obsessive with my love interests. I am either clingy or have to try very hard not to be (1)
6) I feel like a part of me is missing and am looking for someone to complete me. at times, this creates a raw sort of longing that can lead to emotional volatility (3)
7) I have strong impulses (particularly with regards to relationships). I frequently wish I didn't have to be so damn careful (1)
8) if I'm not in a relationship, I feel old. I don't know how it's possible for people to be happy without passionate intimacy, because being without it makes me feel dead (3)
9) I only feel alive when indulging my passions. sometimes this causes me to neglect other areas of my life (2)
10) people either love me or hate me, but either way, my personality grabs attention, whether I want it to or not (1)
14/50

·
🎀
11,795 Posts
Also, you were right. Definitely not sx. Am SO/SP. Barely any sx haha

Social
1) Generally, I positively associate with the idea of being a part of something larger than myself. Though I may find it either overwhelming, because of my astute awareness of what lies beyond my own interests, or inspiring.(1)
2) I am very aware of the impact my decision will have on others and can be quite attuned to their reactions and needs. I read people well.(4)
3) Being recognized or valued by my peers or community, for my contributions, is important to me.(2)
4) I tend to have strong opinions on social change and/or social constructs and trends.(3)
5) I am aware of not only my own relationships, but also power structures and the nature of bonds between other people. I have a deep understanding of interconnectedness between groups and people who comprise them. In other words, I am good at perceiving the many facets of how a group works within its context and outside of it. I easily pick up on how I fit into the social hierarchy, whether or not I approve of it.(4)
6) I am socially aware, but I can also be reserved and socially distant.(5)
7) If I gravitate towards group (s)/institution (s)/gathering(s)of my choosing, I can be quite involved with championing the values and goals of this grouping.(5)
8) I tend to keep track of current events, even when not required to for my career performance.(3)
9) At my worst I am either strongly conformist or excessively anti-society/counter culture. At my best, my relationships with others are ones of healthy interdependence, and I may be inclined to strong individual leadership or display deep commitment in establishing teamwork and collaboration. (5)
10) "no man is an island." Everything is part of an interconnected web, like it or not. (3)
35/50
Self Preservation
1) I am acutely aware of my physical safety (though sometimes I will choose to do something dangerous anyway)(4)
2) when I go to a party, I immediately notice the temperature, the smells and where the food is (2)
3) I am very health conscious (1)
4) financial/career, physical and/or romantic security are very important to me (4)
5) if I have an injury or a health related problem, I typically notice quickly (2)
6) I tend to save a decent amount of my money (3)
7) predictability is important to me. the sooner I can know about things in advance, the better.(3)
8) when I'm under stress, things like health, finances, hygiene or other things that I normally stay on top of start to slip, sometimes severely.(2)
9) I'm acutely aware of cause and effect, particularly when the potential consequences are dire. if my friends listened to me more, they'd end up making a lot less stupid mistakes (4)
10) physical comfort is important to me. I can get distracted by things like uncomfortable seats, high humidity or bodily pain when I'm trying to enjoy time with my friends (3)
28/50
Sexual
1) I have an addictive personality (1)
2) "if it's not worth doing in excess, it's not worth doing at all" (0)
3) people generally think I'm "too much". in lots of situations, I feel like it's expected of me to tone myself down considerably (which I will either refuse to do or do so begrudgingly) (0)
4) my energy is either "on" or "off". when I'm in the presence of someone who I vibe with my mind does an internal "YES! FINALLY!" and I try to start a conversation with that person (2)
5) I can be obsessive with my love interests. I am either clingy or have to try very hard not to be (1)
6) I feel like a part of me is missing and am looking for someone to complete me. at times, this creates a raw sort of longing that can lead to emotional volatility (3)
7) I have strong impulses (particularly with regards to relationships). I frequently wish I didn't have to be so damn careful (1)
8) if I'm not in a relationship, I feel old. I don't know how it's possible for people to be happy without passionate intimacy, because being without it makes me feel dead (3)
9) I only feel alive when indulging my passions. sometimes this causes me to neglect other areas of my life (2)
10) people either love me or hate me, but either way, my personality grabs attention, whether I want it to or not (1)
14/50
See,so/sp/sx
It's not always totally accurate but I think I agree in this case,although so/sx is possible too

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
See,so/sp/sx
It's not always totally accurate but I think I agree in this case,although so/sx is possible too
The first time I looked it over, I just got a bit confused. Because I am a more introverted person, but I realize now that I spend a lot of time thinking about stuff that relates to the Social type

·
🎀
11,795 Posts
The first time I looked it over, I just got a bit confused. Because I am a more introverted person, but I realize now that I spend a lot of time thinking about stuff that relates to the Social type
It's not really about introversion and extroversion at all,I'm an ENFJ,probably 2w3 and I'm sp/sx
Your whole questionnaire screams So to me,it's very obvious in your goals in life,how much you talk about your family,being there for people,etc.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
It's not really about introversion and extroversion at all,I'm an ENFJ,probably 2w3 and I'm sp/sx
Your whole questionnaire screams So to me,it's very obvious in your goals in life,how much you talk about your family,being there for people,etc.
Yeah, so that's where I went wrong. Thinking extroversion/introversion had much influence in this area, but in my case it doesn't haha.

·
🎀
11,795 Posts
The first time I tried to type myself, I was pretty sure I was 1w9, until I had read more about 3's and 6's
Yes,I'd say it's your gut fix,maybe even 2 wing?Idk,I'm really not that great with gut but I definitely see 1.
I thought I saw 9 too but I realized you aren't conflict avoidant,you just try to be rational with anger and solve the problem the best way possible.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Yes,I'd say it's your gut fix,maybe even 2 wing?Idk,I'm really not that great with gut but I definitely see 1.
I thought I saw 9 too but I realized you aren't conflict avoidant,you just try to be rational with anger and solve the problem the best way possible.
Yup, that's one thing that I've always been called or referred to my whole life. The problem solver. Few people I knew were better/wanted to solve problems, of any kind, like I did.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts