Votes: 1 100.0%
  • INTP

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just turned 20 years old. From New York City, currently in the military, and hating it. It's a good experience, just not for me. Random disclaimer; when i text/chat my friends online, i usually disregard apostrophes and capitalization, though spelling is always important. However, when I start typing an official email, or an Introductory Post on a certain online forum, I try to make my writing appear as immaculate as possible. I don't want the appearance of my writing having an impact on the viewer's perception of my personality type.

Hopefully the following questionnaire is enough for a PerCafe veteran to determine whether I'm a S/N and P/J.

1. Look at the random photo for about 30 seconds. Copy and paste it here, and write about your impression of it
I'm new here so I can't add images or links. The image I chose was an astral/stellar image with silhouetted satellites.
The first thing I thought of is how far humanity has come, in regards to inventions and knowledge (not necessarily limited to space/stars). Then I thought of how no matter how far our technology will advance, the stars above will remain unchanged.

2. You are with a group of people in a car, heading to a different town to see your favourite band/artist/musician. Suddenly, the car breaks down for an unknown reason in the middle of nowhere. What are your initial thoughts? What are your outward reactions?
My initial thought would probably be "Of course this shit would happen to me on the day I'm supposed to see X". My outward reaction would probably remain unchanged. I would try to figure out what the problem is with the vehicle, and then who in my group would be best at fixing the defined problem. If it's something I've experienced or know about, I'll probably jump on it immediately, even if there's someone else that knows how to fix it.

3. You somehow make it to the concert. The driver wants to go to the afterparty that was announced (and assure you they won't drink so they can drive back later). How do you feel about this party? What do you do?
Honestly, it depends on how drunk I am. I would assume that there's a 90% chance I wouldn't want to go to the afterparty. If there's something in it for me though, I'd probably go. I'd ask a lot of questions before giving a final answer.

4. On the drive back, your friends are talking. A friend makes a claim that clashes with your current beliefs. What is your inward reaction? What do you outwardly say?
The subject matters a lot in this instance. If it's something I'm fairly well versed in, I'll probably be the most stubborn ass ever and tell them to "look it up and fuck off". If it's about something the other person has more experience in, I'll take what they say into consideration. If I'm fully convinced, I'll believe what they say. If I'm not, I'll fact check it on Google, and if they're wrong I'll point it out.

5. What would you do if you actually saw/experienced something that clashes with your previous beliefs, experiences, and habits?
Again, the subject matters a lot. Most of the time i just hold it internally, knowing the action/vision is wrong but not bothering to correct it if it's pointless to do so. If it's something that involves my friends I'd probably speak up. My first thought would probably be "That's wrong."

6. What are some of your most important values? How did you come about determining them? How can they change?
Honesty (especially in relationships), health/fitness, being a nice person whenever possible. All of these things will help you achieve a fulfilling life in the future. If you're honest and you're nice (where deserved obviously, like holding a door for someone or giving a pregnant/elderly person a seat on the bus) that changes others' perception of you. Possibly make them more trusting of you. Health and fitness speaks for itself.

7. a) What about your personality most distinguishes you from everyone else? b) If you could change one thing about you personality, what would it be? Why?
I tend be more responsible than a lot of my peers. I don't randomly believe something someone tells me unless I've done the research. I wish I could stop nervousness/anxiety whenever I'm worried about something.

8. How do you treat hunches or gut feelings? In what situations are they most often triggered?
Whenever I'm walking and viewing the outside world. I'll see a couple conversing and based off their outfit, facial structure, etc. I'll get a hunch on what they're talking about. When I watch movies I'm good at predicting possible outcomes, but I'm not always correct (about 50%).

9. a) What activities energizes you most? b) What activities drain you most? Why?
Reading a book/online and spending time on the internet. Learning. Sleeping lol.

10. What do you repress about your outward behavior or internal thought process when around others? Why?
Biting my tongue when I want to correct my leadership or when I want to show them how something can be done better, but they'd just get salty and give out paperwork. I try to "fit in" in a group but it's very difficult. I always feel like I stick out like a sore thumb, and half the shit I say ends up being followed with crickets and a slow "...what?" (Semi-related, I have a very soft spoken voice, often people tell me to speak up.)

Let me know if this is enough information for the internet professionals to help me out. Sort of an existential crisis reading between INTJ and INTP and I relate to both.

P.S. Took a cognitive functions test, here are my results;
Ti 40.6
Te 38.7
Ni 37.5
Si 34.5
Ne 29.6
Fi 25.5
Se 18.5
Fe 15.3

·
Registered
2,212 Posts
@dan0543 Your choice of avatar - NT

Just turned 20 years old. From New York City, currently in the military, and hating it. It's a good experience, just not for me. Random disclaimer; when i text/chat my friends online, i usually disregard apostrophes and capitalization, though spelling is always important. However, when I start typing an official email, or an Introductory Post on a certain online forum, I try to make my writing appear as immaculate as possible. I don't want the appearance of my writing having an impact on the viewer's perception of my personality type. Your explanation is aux Te and your point about spelling, wanting your writing to appear as immaculate as possible, and the appearance of your writing regarding its impact, is tert Fi (with aux Te). I think you're an INTJ.

Hopefully the following questionnaire is enough for a PerCafe veteran to determine whether I'm a S/N and P/J.

1. Look at the random photo for about 30 seconds. Copy and paste it here, and write about your impression of it
I'm new here so I can't add images or links. The image I chose was an astral/stellar image with silhouetted satellites.
The first thing I thought of is how far humanity has come, in regards to inventions and knowledge (not necessarily limited to space/stars). Then I thought of how no matter how far our technology will advance, the stars above will remain unchanged.
NT.

2. You are with a group of people in a car, heading to a different town to see your favourite band/artist/musician. Suddenly, the car breaks down for an unknown reason in the middle of nowhere. What are your initial thoughts? What are your outward reactions?
My initial thought would probably be "Of course this shit would happen to me on the day I'm supposed to see X". My outward reaction would probably remain unchanged. T > F I would try to figure out what the problem is with the vehicle, and then who in my group would be best at fixing the defined problem. If it's something I've experienced or know about, I'll probably jump on it immediately, even if there's someone else that knows how to fix it.

3. You somehow make it to the concert. The driver wants to go to the afterparty that was announced (and assure you they won't drink so they can drive back later). How do you feel about this party? What do you do?
Honestly, it depends on how drunk I am. I would assume that there's a 90% chance I wouldn't want to go to the afterparty. If there's something in it for me though, I'd probably go. I'd ask a lot of questions before giving a final answer.

4. On the drive back, your friends are talking. A friend makes a claim that clashes with your current beliefs. What is your inward reaction? What do you outwardly say?
The subject matters a lot in this instance. If it's something I'm fairly well versed in, I'll probably be the most stubborn ass ever and tell them to "look it up and fuck off". If it's about something the other person has more experience in, I'll take what they say into consideration. If I'm fully convinced, I'll believe what they say. If I'm not, I'll fact check it on Google, and if they're wrong I'll point it out. T > F. What you'd tell them to do is more of an indicator of Te because a Ti-Ne user would most likely discuss it to gather the other person's point of view or discover more information. Being fully convinced is of lesser priority as they prefer to explore topic matters instead of coming to black and white conclusions; they like the grey area.

5. What would you do if you actually saw/experienced something that clashes with your previous beliefs, experiences, and habits?
Again, the subject matters a lot. Most of the time i just hold it internally, knowing the action/vision (aux Te, dom Ni, tert Fi) is wrong but not bothering to correct it if it's pointless to do so. Ni-Te-Fi. If it's something that involves my friends I'd probably speak up. Fi. My first thought would probably be "That's wrong." Most likely Fi, but could imply Te depending on what you find "wrong".

6. What are some of your most important values? How did you come about determining them? How can they change?
Honesty (especially in relationships), health/fitness, being a nice person whenever possible. All of these things will help you achieve a fulfilling life in the future. If you're honest and you're nice (where deserved obviously, like holding a door for someone or giving a pregnant/elderly person a seat on the bus) that changes others' perception of you. Intuitive/Ni Possibly make them more trusting of you. Health and fitness speaks for itself.

7. a) What about your personality most distinguishes you from everyone else? b) If you could change one thing about you personality, what would it be? Why?
I tend be more responsible than a lot of my peers. I don't randomly believe something someone tells me unless I've done the research. I wish I could stop nervousness/anxiety whenever I'm worried about something.

8. How do you treat hunches or gut feelings? In what situations are they most often triggered?
Whenever I'm walking and viewing the outside world. I'll see a couple conversing and based off their outfit, facial structure, etc. I'll get a hunch on what they're talking about. An ISTJ would not think in that way. They would most likely view it as an assumption rather than a hunch. It would be distasteful to them as it goes against their nature. They are trusting of what is concrete rather than what is intuited because they have inferior Ne. When I watch movies I'm good at predicting possible outcomes, but I'm not always correct (about 50%). Ni dom.

9. a) What activities energizes you most? b) What activities drain you most? Why?
Reading a book/online and spending time on the internet. Learning. Sleeping lol.

10. What do you repress about your outward behavior or internal thought process when around others? Why?
Biting my tongue when I want to correct my leadership or when I want to show them how something can be done better, (aux Te, tert Fi) but they'd just get salty and give out paperwork. I try to "fit in" in a group but it's very difficult. I always feel like I stick out like a sore thumb, and half the shit I say ends up being followed with crickets and a slow "...what?" (Semi-related, I have a very soft spoken voice, often people tell me to speak up.)

Let me know if this is enough information for the internet professionals to help me out. Sort of an existential crisis reading between INTJ and INTP and I relate to both.

P.S. Took a cognitive functions test, here are my results;
Ti 40.6
Te 38.7
Ni 37.5
Si 34.5
Ne 29.6
Fi 25.5
Se 18.5
Fe 15.3

Your Fe score is just right. xD INTJs have PoLR Fe.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Wow. I knew writing can be indicative of temperament but i didn't realize it could be so specific. Holy shit, you just blew my mind. Thank you so, so much for solving this dilemma.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts