Personality Cafe banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry for the dramatic title. Just had to get some attention, y'know. Going straight to it, I've answered some questions so you guys can help me find my type.

Please don't ignore me. Let's share the knowledge. :)

1. Is there anything that may affect the way you answer the questions? For example, a stressful time, mental illness, medications, special life circumstances? Other useful information includes sex, age, and current state of mind. I'm a seventeen years old girl who is pretty happy at the moment and very motivated to get on with her life after some existence crisis. (I had to move out of the country and for seven years I didn't talk about it, so things got out of hand a while ago). Furthermore, I think I should add the fact that I grew up mostly by myself so that could explain some of my loner behaviour, independence, early maturity and the fact that I'm very wise.

2. Study these two images here and here. Which one do you prefer and why? How would you describe it? I prefer the first picture that opened because I love the sea and the beach. The green lights in the back add such luminosity and originality to the picture and makes me really wish that I could be there appreciating the view. The starry sky and the clear water reflecting the light just makes it so picturesque. I'm sure I'd be enjoying a very peaceful and meaningful moment with such a view in front of me.

3. Please describe yourself as a person if you were to introduce yourself to someone else like in a cover letter. What kind of person are you and why? I think the first thing to know about me is that I'm a very complex and extremely independent person. I'd say that I feel like I'm very altruistic and honest, but I'm not blind/stupid or too kind. You can't fool me. I see right through people, phrases, moments, images and you can't hide anything from me. I tend to analyse people and observe them all the time because I'm really interested in their true essence. I'm wise beyond my years, never fell in love, love correcting stuff (I'm correcting all of this right now lol), I'm not very emotional and I don't get hurt easily at all. I don't trust a lot of people and if you lose my trust, I can forgive (because I can't care less about said person anymore) but I'll never accept you back. I don't judge people because I don't like to be judged either. I believe that the more love you give, the more you'll get back and you shouldn't do to others what you wouldn't like to be done to you.

4. What kind of person would you LIKE to be? Why? What kind of person would you NOT want to be? Why? I sometimes wish I could be more gentle, caring, nice and lovely. I really admire people that have a pure heart and have an altruistic soul, but I just can't seem to not come over as dominant, intense and individual even if I'm acting normal (for.ex in an argument I always come off as if I'm in a battle and my arguments are endless). I'd hate to be ignorant, dumb (ugh!), not knowledgeable and not get anything done in my life. I'd hate to be a waste of air by not doing anything meaningful in this world.

5. Do you think there are any differences to how you described yourself and how people actually perceive you? How do you think others would describe you? If there are any discrepancies between these two that are you are aware of; do you know why exactly that is? I certainly perceive myself as complex but highly moral, with lots of principles, a very strong personality, with my heart on the right place and I certainly have a very clear mind. I know what I want, who I am and what I'm capable of. I don't take shit from anyone and I hate being controlled. Other people say I'm dominant, intimidating, too honest, complicated, complex, intense, bold, "special" unique, even a bit crazy because I just get up and do shit and that I'm overly confident. I don't see myself as that "suffocating" but I think other people perceive me that way because they're not so confident in themselves as I am and they're afraid to act upon it. I just feel good in my own skin and don't know why I shouldn't be anything but myself.

6. What in life do you find to be of importance? Why? If you are unsure you can always take the Value Test and post the results here. Do note that it helps if you narrow it down to 20 or ideally 10 values as suggested at stage 2. Peace, knowledge, truth, love, honesty, simplicity, wisdom, freedom, spirituality and purity. Those are my biggest values simply because they are what I thrive for in my life. They keep me grounded, remind me of who I am and why I want to be a better person everyday. They're also the reason why I believe that I have to fullfil my destiny and my mission in this world.

7. How do you react to new situations in your life? Can you describe an event in your life where you were in an unknown situation? How did you deal with it? First of all, I keep calm. There's no need to go crazy, so I just try to keep it cool and "feel" the situation. My gut instincts are 100% trustworthy. I hear what my inner voice says and then I analyse the situation: how to get out of with, how I should deal with the person and the best way to get shit done without many consequences. For example, the first time I tried babysitting... My mom didn't believe I could do it, so she was very unsure of it and didn't think I could handle it. The next day, without telling her I just went at the kid's house to meet him and see how he was, to know where he lived and to let my phone number there. She was amazed when I got home that I actually had the guts to do it. I just do things, I'm not afraid of anything. I believe in battling my own battles.

8. Please describe yourself when you are in a stressful situation. How do you act and why? Real life experiences are welcome. When I'm stressed, I'm nasty. Seriously. And if I get even more stressed, I just snap, snap and snap some more. You ask me something and you'll get a pretty insensitive answer. And if I'm too worn out, which takes a really long time to happen, I just cry and can't talk or make sense of anything anymore. There was this one time, me and my mom were travelling from Brazil to Portugal and the flight was delayed for 7h. We had to wait and wait, then we lost our scale flight, no one could get any shit done right in the airport and we had to wait another 4h until they got us new tickets (at the last minute). Arriving at the desired location, I find out they lost my luggage. I can't really recall how much I offended the company, but then when the situation got to me, I just started crying and couldn't control it anymore. And I made sure that I called there everyday until they got me my luggage back or I wouldn't have left them alone.

9. Please describe yourself when you are in an enjoyable situation. How do you act and why? Real life experiences are welcome. In an enjoyable situation, I'm a very nice person, very happy, aloof, funny and enjoyable. I like to live the moment, have a nice time and smile. Smile a lot and just be happy to be happy.

10. Describe your relationship to socialization. How do you perceive one-on-one interaction? How do you perceive group interaction? I don't have any problems socializing and approaching new people as I'm not shy (which is strange as lots of people think I'm shy and reserved lol). One-on-one interaction is fine, but has a tendency for being a bit boring as people don't tend to know that you have to keep talking to be interesting. Group interaction is cool as long as everyone feels good in the conversation. I do have a really hard time making friends as I don't connect to people even if I'd like to.

11. Describe your relationship to society. What are the elements of it you hold important or unimportant (e.g. social norms, values, customs, traditions)? How do you see people as a whole? I tend to have a very varied opinion on society. Some days I think people are just dumb, hopeless and lost, and on other days I just like to be happy and wish everyone could be happy too. In those days I see people that seem sad, worn out or faithless and I wish for God to help them and give them clarity. For me values and principles are very important and I don't care about social norms or traditions as long as I'm not disrespecting anyone.

12. Describe your relationship to authority. How do you perceive authority? What does it mean to you, and how do you deal with it? I don't like authority, but I'm a very respectful person, so as long as I don't feel wronged, I don't have any problem doing what I chose to do and take as an obligation. But I hate people that think they can tell me what to do and control me. It makes me so mad and I act upon it, which shows that I can't take shit from nobody. For me to respect a person's authority is a bit of a process: I have to admire, accept and acknowledge her. Then it's alright. As I read people very easily, sometimes I adapt my personality in order to get what I want and come off as a good kid to authority people. My manipulative streak can run a mile wide but I hate it as it goes against my principles so I almost never use it.

13. Describe your relationship to order and chaos. What do order and chaos mean to you? How do they manifest in your daily life? I don't like the extreme of both. I like things organized, but I don't mind a bit of messiness. My stuff is always pretty organized and I know where everything is, but there are some days that my room looks disgusting and I don't know how that happened. That usually happens on days that I'm hibernating and not wishing to do anything for life. About other people's mess: I don't care. It's their stuff, I don't mind anything. I'm not so hard to please, or fussy or picky. I'm rather thankful and most people have never seen me complaining about anything.

14. What is it that you fear in life? Why? How does this fear manifest to you both in how you think and how you act? There are only a few things in life that I fear. The first one is to not fullfil my life/path/mission. The second one is to do take the wrong choices in life and have many regrets when I'm old. The third one is to never find the person that will fill in the empty spot in my heart.

15. What is it that you desire in life? What do you strive to achieve? Why? Where do you think these drives and desires stem from or are inspired by? I want fullfilment, love, peace, joy, adventures and achievement. I want to make the right choices for my path in life and find out what I really love and act accordingly to it for the rest of my days. This is inspired by the fact that I wish to not be like most people I see in life: sad, regretful and agonized by their lost dreams and beliefs.

16. a) What activities energize you most? b) What activities drain you most? Why? Exercising my body at the gym, going out, reading or watching things that are insightful and writing. God, do I love writing my stories (which make everyone cry. Oh well). I get drained the most by constant social interaction, analysing people and having to be present for a long time. I also don't like spending a lot of time away from home. I like my bed.

17. Why do you want to know your type? What type do you think you are? Why this/these type(s)? Is there a type that appeals to you, to your self-perception, that you would like to be? Why? If you know your enneagram, please post this here. If you have done any online function tests such as the Keys2Cognition, it helps if you post these results here as well. I want to know my type because I believe that in order to understand others, I have to understand myself first. I'm not really sure about which type I am, but for a long time I thought it could be INTJ but I'm not that cold (I see such people as plain, empty and robots and nothing), unsocial or awkward to interaction. I think everyone should thrive to be a bit more selfless and altruistic, so every type has it's good side as long as you keep it real and are a good human being. The two times I did an enneagram test I got type 8 and then type 5.

18. Finally, is there something else you find to be of importance you want to add about yourself you think might be of relevance when helping to type you? No idea, but you can ask me for more information. I just tend to be very insightful and see right through people and when I tell them stuff about them without even knowing them, they're always amazed by how correct and right on spot I am. "Wow!" so it made me think for a while that I could be INFJ, but I'm not THAT gentle, I'm not emotional or loving. I even hate romantic movies or books because I find them disgusting and boring. I've even said to my psychologist that I never had a relationship simply because I never fell in love and unlike most people, I don't need anyone to love me or make me feel like a part of them. I wish for the right person that will make me actually WANT her, but not need her.

Personally I think that one of my functions is Ni. If it's not the dominant one, it's for sure the auxiliary one. I'm certainly more Se than Si and for the other two I'm not sure.

Thank you.

·
Registered
357 Posts
I'm pretty sure that you use Se-Ni instead of Si-Ne simply because of how you described the picture. Although do you see any meaning or symbolism underneath it? I would say that you are an ISTP or INTJ. I thought ISTP would be a better fit though. How does Ni hold in your life? It should be very clear if you are an INTJ. Or simply you have grasped good use of it as an ISTP.

Reactions: Pisinoe21

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yep, I can also agree on that. I don't think my Se is very strong as I tend to be very clumsy and get distracted easily in my thoughts sometimes, but when I'm observing people, I really do watch them. Well the meaning underneath it in my opinion is totally subjective, but I do think that there is a lot of symbolism in the picture. Ni is very, very important in my life. My "gut feeling" is one of my strongest characteristics because I 'feel' things all the time. For ex, I look at a stranger and I already know if he's a bad or good person, if he's sad or not, if his intentions are good or bad and then I make my judgement, analyse him or leave it be. It's possible that I'm INTJ, but I have a hard time acknowledging that because of the other examples I get of those who are INTJ. They just seem so cold, analytical, extremely logical and subjective. Almost like machines and I have a hard time finding such people even interesting because they don't seem "alive" or full of meaning. That could also be a wrong impression though.

Why would you say ISTP? I've always seen ISTPs as hands on people and I can't get anything done with my hands. I'm also not very talented at sports but my competitive nature saves me.

Btw, thanks for answering!

·
Registered
357 Posts
@Pisinoe21
I can totally relate with my Se not being strong also C: (I'm also very clumsy) ISTPs tend to be very action oriented and physical. More down-to-earth whereas INTJs are more in their heads with their main focus on the world of ideas. A bit as if the outer world to them is a distraction. I do have an INTJ best friend and he is not cold c: (just very analytical and objective). I was thinking that you are an ISTP because your description of the picture seemed more drawn towards what was there (the ocean, reflections, colors). An ISTP and an INTJ are very distinguishable. ISTPs tend to be more impulsive where INTJs are more drawn and tend to analyze, then do. Another point is if you use Te. By relating to the INFJ well, it could be you're an INTJ. My friend actually had trouble with that one also. I actually found a pattern where the individual tends to be confused of their auxiliary function. I had trouble distinguishing if I was an ISFP or INFP, but ultimately INFP won out as I am very different from my ISFP sister.

Is your logic more objectified or more subjective? When you gather logic are you more concerned of how you can use it or if it makes sense to you? INTPs have a general complex internalized logic system that is subjective whereas the INTJ's is more objective.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm not really action oriented or physical, if almost not at all. It's just that I get things done, if I say I will do that, I just do it. I'm not afraid of it. And I must say, I do live in my head, like, almost all of the time. I spend so much time alone haha but when I'm handling people I like being present. For ex, in my gym.. I've been going there for almost 3 months. I haven't made a single friend or had company once, even if I see most of the same people everyday. I never talk to them and it doesn't bother me to be alone all the time. At home sometimes I spend time with my mom but she talks so much that it annoys me, so I'm always in my room doing only God knows what. And yes, I did chose that picture because of the ocean and what was around (he croissant and coffee mug didn't appeal to me in the other picture lol). I'm not impulsive, only when I'm stressed or having a "havoc" moment. I'm definitely a big analyser, to the point that my ENFP best friend says I'm obsessed with it. And typing people and getting to the core of this MBTI thing which is driving her nuts haha.

I'm not really sure about that one. I tend to apply my logic differently according to the person, situation and what it is based on. I'm still highly impersonal and even if I'm helping someone, I don't feel empathic or like I'm sharing the same feeling with her. What I say sometimes is not what I believe, so it always "depends". I'm not sure what that could mean; objectified or not. I've noticed though that I can't follow the logic of highly emotional people because it's not "logical", rational and has no sense/insight/truth whatsoever.

When I gather logic I'm more concerned if it makes sense to me because it's all about what my inner voice or gut feeling accepts and absorbs. If it makes sense, then I accept it and use it in various aspects of my life.

·
Registered
357 Posts
@Pisinoe21
That sounds like Ti, although I would suggest to research on it more c; My INTJ friend for the longest time ever thought he was an INFJ with a strong Ti. It turns out that he doesn't use Ti and much rather prefers Te.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Or maybe that's my Fi acting upon my answer as it's very strong? I don't analyse and get to the core of stuff just because I want to, but it's because I want to have an use for it. I like to take people apart because it interests me and keeps me from being bored. I also don't like to learn stuff that I know I won't have any use for because I see it as useless. That's how I feel about my ethic class hehe. The fact that I'm good at organizing, giving orders and telling others what to do is a high sign of Te, or not? Because I've noticed that I say "Do this. Do that. Give me that. Let's go there." it's never "Do you want to do this? What do you think about going there with me?". I think it's why I come across as dominant.

Btw, I see most people as "individual objects". I'm interested in medicine because I see the human body just as a body and am capable of being completely neutral when I have to. If I have to make your finger bleed to get a sample of your blood, I will in two secs. It doesn't bother me. In my opinion, logic is good as long as it's applicable and useful.

·
Registered
357 Posts
@Pisinoe21 I guess that is a sign of Te. Ti-Fe users would be more hesitant to do that.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Allanzo, thank you! And I guess so. I thought I could be more Fe oriented because I like analysing people, observing them and counseling them but I suppose it's more about the fact that it's an interest of mine. Sounds like INTJ is the answer for this and now I'll have to cope being a machine v.2 haha!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts