Personality Cafe banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm so confused at what I am!, all I really know is that I am an introvert and a thinker but the rest is up in the air.

1. Is there anything that may affect the way you answer the questions? For example, a stressful time, mental illness, medications, special life circumstances? Other useful information includes sex, age, and current state of mind.

Well I don't think I have any fluctuating mental states when answering the questions. I am a Male, aged 23 and of sound peaceful mind.

2. What type(s) do you usually score as on tests?

INTJ on two different tests. INTP on one. The Intuition and sensing are almost always at 50%

3. Click on this link: Choose 2 photos and look at each for as long as you feel that you need. Copy and paste the photos here (or write the link like example: www[dot]flickr[dot]com/photos/jacoboson/8697480741/in/explore-2013-05-01), and write your impression of each of them.

/photos/benalesh/10057535103/in/explore-2013-10-02
I love the surreal vastness of space and how open the picture is which is designed to make us feel small. It inspires me to think about the universe and our role we have in it and wonders what else is out there.

/photos/shelserkin/10051593944/in/explore-2013-10-02
I'm thinking anyone who actually goes and sees this woman is getting their money stolen from them. Although I guess it is just $2 but really, you are better off buying yourself a cup of tea and making out whatever picture you see in the tea leaves. I also predict shes of lower class, trying to earn what I believe is a dishonest living. This is reflected in where she is located, in the middle of pretty much no where. I do pity her a bit though.

4. You are on the clock to fix something, a friend of yours sits beside you and gives a lot of interesting ideas, none of them actually help or are related to your situation, but they are still something you find interesting. What is your reaction? What do you say? What do you do? What's your train of thought?

If they are not helpful and the person is genuinely trying to help, I would say something like "maybe, I could try that" just to keep them happy. I would of course not do it and focus on fixing whatever it is properly and correctly. I certainly do not want to hurt the persons feelings and will listen and not be rude to them by telling them to go away even if it may be annoying. If they say something interesting, I may gauge in conversation with them whilst focusing on the task at hand to make it look like as if I care what they are saying.

5a. What are some of your most important values?

Respect, honesty and above all be nice, even if you don't like the person you are dealing with. Conflict doesn't solve anything.

5b. Can they change? What would be the reason if they changed?

If whoever I am dealing with is just being an absolute jerk for the hell of it. Although i would never say anything to create a direct conflict, I would be very passive aggressive.

6. You are in a car with some other people, the people in the car are talking. Someone makes a claim that you see as immoral/rude/cruel. What is your inward reaction? What do you think? What do you say?

I would object and appeal to their sense of reason to gauge what I am dealing with. I would question them, have them run hypothetical and make sure I understand their points. If I cannot understand their position I would try and convince them otherwise unless it is a lost cause at which point I would just literally give up and tell them to continue living in arrogance.

7. a) What activities energizes you the most? Why?

Both learning something that fascinates me or fixing a problem that I know is within my capabilities but I do not know how to solve (I think of computer problems). They get me fired up and I will read it until I understand enough of it, or in the case of fixing something, try whatever I think will work until it is solved. If I cannot solve the problem myself, I will consult the internet.

7. b) What activities drains you the most? Why?

I don't know why this is blue. Anyway what drains me the most is doing something boring and uninteresting. Social events like parties also make me tried afterwards.

8. Do you believe you are introverted or extraverted? Why do you believe that? (Please be as detailed as possible)

Introverted. There's no doubt about this. I am easily overstimulated and I have the need to just "get away" whenever things become chaotic or busy. I need to be alone to think properly and I often get lost when it comes to group conversations and discussions.

9. Please describe yourself, what do you see as your greatest strengths and what do you see as your greatest weaknesses?

My greatest strength is without a doubt my mind. I apply it to everything and it never lets me down. I also have the ability to rationalize everything, meaning nothing really phases me when they should. I am rarely emotional as a result, unless it is severely traumatic.

My greatest weakness can also be thought of as my mind. I overly criticize myself despite knowing that I shouldn't. I doubt my abilities, myself and as a result I become discouraged and unmotivated. Other than that, I don't really see any weaknesses.

10. Please describe yourself when you are feeling stressed. How do you act and why? Real life experiences are welcome.

When I am under stress, I have to get away and think. Rationalizing my problems and situations is the only way i can cope. Once I have done that, action normally comes immediately afterwards. For example lets say I have an assignment that I have left to the last minute. I will rationalize that there is no way I can finish this the way I would have liked it to be done, so I just have to make sacrifices and be smart about what I leave out.

11. What is your "soft spot" (the area that makes you upset if people mess with)?

When people tell me that I am something I am not. Nothing infuriates me more as I know myself better than anyone possibly could. Also my personal life. No one should ask me questions about my personal life unless it is crucial that you know.

12. What are most of the ideas/thoughts you get generally centered around (try to expand your answers as much as possible)?

My goals and my future at the moment, although it should be noted that this changes quite a bit. Sometimes its about maths, science and computers. Other times it can be about my relationships, work or what I am going to watch when i get home.

Most of my ideas however are generally scientific. I like coming up with possible explanations to something and thinking of ways of testing it.

13. What's your opinion of getting frequent feedback on what you do? (Someone pointing out what is good, what is bad, what and how to improve) Is there a limit to how often you want feedback? If so, what is the limit?

I am open to feedback but up to a certain point. If I know what I am doing is working well, feedback isn't as effective unless whatever they are suggesting is absolutely amazing and something I hadn't thought of. Also I would be annoyed with feedback if I was sensing they just didn't want to tell me I am just outright bad at whatever I am doing. I wouldn't listen to it at all if this was the case and it would only ever happen if they keep repetitively telling me how to do something. So feedback is good, but not to the point where it feels like nagging.

14. Anything beyond what has been discussed that you would like to add?

Well, I'm not sure how relevant this is but I do feel as if my personality changes drastically depending on the situation that I can sometimes be in. If the situation calls me to be sympathetic, I will react sympathetically - although probably not as much as the next person. I have been told I am a great listener, wise and good in holding conversations.

I am also very empathetic. I don't know if this is because my feeling side is so well developed, or if I am just a very intuitive person, but I can know what people are feeling just by looking at them and seeing their body language. When I sense someone is distressed, I will try and make it easier on them in any way that I can. I guess it could be because I'm somewhat gay too.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Overall I'd say you are INTJ. Much of what you said sounds a lot like me and an INTJ friend of mine.

Interestingly, I was thinking of doubting your assertion that you are a T based on your answers to 4 and 5a (which sounded a little more like my INFJ friend), but then the rest of it sounded exactly like an NT so never mind. Besides, you kind of answered that issue with 14; you likely do have a developed F side...

·
Banned
560 Posts
I sensed a lot of Ti from these responses. The way you added information to your sentences seemed to come from the "oh yeah and.." frenetic nature of Ne.

I would guess INTP.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts