Personality Cafe banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don’t want to put too much faith in a test result... I thought he was one Thing, be he scored the other. I tend to find that 16 personalities dot com asks very biased questions for N and S and I often feel my friends don’t get the right one... anyway...this is my online crush I’m hoping to meet one day after covid gets better ;0;

he looks into space a lot when he talks, Or pause As he thinks. His eyes wander around a lot, looking up A lot.
(moves his hands too a lot but this could be an Italian thing 😂)

he likes to have things very organized and tends to follow routines.

he said he’d want to see the world and not be stuck in one place, and wants to keep facing challenges for his music rather than be comfortably I’m the same place for long.

he overthinks things, such as asking small favors, as he thinks it could bother someone in XYZ ways.

he hates asking for favors. he said “ it annoys himself to think he’s annoying people”

his friends say he’s too “nice”, in the sense that he doesn’t want to hurt feelings and tells white lies. (He clarified how “nice” was not the sense of being “ kind” right after he said that.

he likes to ask a lot of questions once we started becoming for familiar with each other. Like understanding the reason why people of different cultures may act a certain Way. Or asking me with a lot of enthusiasm when I mentioned this Personality test, the MBTI.

Doesn't seem like a lot of info, but what’s your gut reaction !

·
Registered
INFP 4w5
75 Posts
He sounds xNFJ from your description. But it's very hard to know without knowing him better.

I think a real problem with online tests is that they can emphasize qualities you value, rather than ones you embody. For example, I like socializing and find value in connecting with people, and I value following through with plans, and being organized. Because of that, a few MBTI tests have said I'm an ENFJ, when in reality it's becoming clearer and clearer to me that I'm an INFP, because INFP better describes my actual thinking patterns.

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
Sounds INFJ, but the question I’d ask is are you making biased statements about him (The items you’re choosing to mention are things that would lead people to say INFJ) because you want him to be a certain type (what you typed him as)? What did he get on the test?

ALSO your username is sweet.:)

·
Registered
913 Posts
At first I thought Infj, but the last part about him asking a lot of questions sounds very 'Si', which makes me think Isfj.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sounds INFJ, but the question I’d ask is are you making biased statements about him (The items you’re choosing to mention are things that would lead people to say INFJ) because you want him to be a certain type (what you typed him as)? What did he get on the test?

ALSO your username is sweet.:)

hi, yes I am most likely biased! I was So sure he was INFJ because I usually connect or detect with NF people instantly being one myself. He got ISFJ on the test ^^; I have never met ISFJ guys actually, only girls. Usually we never have much of a deep connection and they’re the type I'm particularly afraid to speak honestly with because they take criticism so badly. (I guess you can say that for INFJ too)

my main doubt was how he talks, it’s a lot of eyes wondering, looking far out kind of thing which I don’t find with the ISFJs I know. And that thing he talked about not wanting to stay comfortably in a place, and the fear of being too comfortable and not improving.
the SFJ elements I see are how he likes to be organized with his time, keeping generally a routine.

thnak you! I came up with The name on a whim

·
Registered
2,015 Posts
Is there any chance that he could be an ISFJ with ADHD maybe? ADHD doesn't change your type but it can change how you present yourself a lot.

Other than that, there are a lot of factors of ISFJs that are often overlooked. Many of them crave variety in some way and they can actually be very forward-thinking in some respects. My wife for example (an ISFJ) loves to travel and see new things. She actively tries to hang out with people who are as different from her and people she knows as possible, so that she can expand her mind a lot and see many different points of view. Many Si-dominants actually fear being stuck in a rut, even though they're detail-oriented control freaks all the time.
Wandering eyes and hands isn's something I recognize for Si-dominants at all, but people differ in all sorts of ways. I would not want to exclude any type based on something like that.

Differentiating between INFJ and ISFJ can be pretty hard, especially because Ni and Si can seem very similar in a lot of respects. In general I'd go with differentiators like "does he care more for theory or facts" or "when trying to learn something, does he need to hear the global overview first or does he need to get the details first". Those kinds of factors are much more telling in my experience.

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
"when trying to learn something, does he need to hear the global overview first or does he need to get the details first". Those kinds of factors are much more telling in my experience.
Oh geez reading this made me anxious. I loathe when people immediately launch into details if it's before I've been given the general idea forget the stinking details and just give me the general idea please.😭 Start with details & I tune out in .00002 seconds.

@hotcocoa One thing to consider is that he's a male. I find with ESFJ and ISFJ males/females there is a big difference. My experience has been the males are a lot more mellow & my opinion is that many of the stereotypes come from the females. 😬 I have 4 female ISFJ friends/family members & 1 male ISFJ friend. I figured the women were ISFJ before they took a test, the male I thought was INFJ & was shocked to find he'd already tested at some point & was ISFJ. He's also an ennegram type 6 and his wife is an ISTJ, so I'd guess that plays into it as well.

At any rate, I wouldn't worry about his type! If you enjoy his company & want to learn more about him, then stick to that. I think knowing someone's MBTI is valuable in understanding their thought process, but beyond that please don't let it dictate whether or not you see him as a potential mate. He's displayed characteristics you enjoy, which is what is important & priceless to find- focus on that! Best wishes!! 🙂

1 - 7 of 7 Posts