Personality Cafe banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
1,483 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
De-Code This So, I've seen other posts talking about Fe and Se and had NO idea what was what. Thanks to this site it has made more sense.

Now I'm trying to 'type' my hubby. I've been saying he is an INTJ. But I'm not sure. Can anyone describe the differences between INTJ's (Scientists) and INTP's (Thinkers)?

This is what I found online about P/J.

I'm very confident he is Introverted, Intuitive, and Thinking; but I can't really tell about the Perceiving or Judging part. He is a computer programmer. Any ways to de-code him without him taking the test? (I hope to have him take the test this weekend but also hope to see how well I know him before hand :laughing: )

·
Registered
255 Posts
Does he like to say "I'm pretty sure that's the answer, but don't quote me on it"? Or does he often wait until the last minute to finish or say/do something, no matter the importance? Does he usually withhold judgement or words until it seems absolutely necessary? If so, he's a P. P's leave options open, and often question themselves/others/things relentlessly. J's are typically much more trusting of their own judgement, and they are more likely to act whereas the P will sit back and wait. J's typically annoy me unless they recognize my need for "procrastination" (I have one J friend, the rest are P's). That one friend is also (most likely, from what we've observed) an INTJ. The biggest difference between us is that I wait and let things flow/happen. He acts, especially if he's angry or motivated. He's told me that I'm aimless, and he gets a bit irritated with my "I'm not sure/ready yet" comments. Since my good friend is an INTJ, I can probably help you with this.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Sounds like he is an INTP - - he definitely second guesses, waits till the last minute to decide, likes to say "I'm not sure" or "I don't know" a lot!:bored:
J's can second guess but they won't say it often. He's a P for sure.

·
Registered
1,532 Posts
Yeah, he seems like an INTP to me. I do that thing with never being late too. As long as I plan on showing up.

It's odd how many ENFJ-INTP couples I hear about.

Reactions: Lady Lullaby
1 - 8 of 8 Posts