Personality Cafe banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so this individual is none other than my Dad. He is about 52-54...Hes most deffanately an Introvert- I hear him say things like "*Sigh* To much talking. Its so exhausting" After a phone conversation....He realy doesn't have any hobbies other than reading/ studying/ his work. Hes a college professor..And he is always on his computer. He enjoys talking about politics with me. He and I have really good conversations. He tends to be very very open minded about ideas and things of that matter-- Although I hear him make a joke about someone like parents from the church my Stepmom pastors at--or the neighbors, or relatives all the time..I uasully love it- its like the only time when he actually shows what hes thinking about someone..which is refreshing...He has a tendancy to not communicate with others at all--And instead just go and do his own thing---I remember on family vacation he would always just go and walk away--and not tell anybody were he is going. He pays alot of attention to current events...As I said before...I try to get him to run for local office (like the school board) but hes to emmerced in his work to "get out there". So far all I got is Ixxx. (Maybe INTJ?) What do you think? The things that uasully lead to confilct- other than lack of communication -is he can tend to be a little more emotional than me. I remember when I was in HS he asked me to find a ride once--And I relpied "I thought we were going to use that time for driveing lessons" Annd he replied in a manner to something like "You are being selfish" and it resulted in one of the big arguements in my memory..He also makes a big deal of ethics--I was watching the sitcom "Modern family with him" and he said out loud to the TV - "Thats not even ethical. That boy is manipualtive" Or I would be laughing at the irony of a situation that my sister might be in- and he would take it to mean that I was laughing at her directly (This used to be VERRRY annoying) on a diff note -- He cares alot about his appearance- Hes the type of guy that picks his clothes out of GQ magazine...he has a bunch of suites...and other formal wear--He also hates celebrateing his birthday- And its not an age thing- He has always been like that--And sorry for the spelling errors-

·
Banned
2,458 Posts
He doesn't strike me as an INTJ. Though I think it's pretty clear he has Te somewhere in there.

My guess would be ISTJ or ISFJ since he seems fairly conservative and seems to be a trend follower more or less (with exception to celebrating his birthdays.. I suppose).

1 - 2 of 2 Posts