Personality Cafe banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5,675 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My guess- ESxx

-Okay... so my room-mate... his zero empathy. I had to explain the concept of empathy.

Annoying urg!

-I say E because he loves parties, wants to get drunk all the time, and even when I'm trying to think, he's barging in saying things to me.

-He's jittery, and he can't sit still.
-He talks to himself. A lot.
-He finds racism amusing, and will sometimes just start saying the "N-word", or quoting people who have said the N-word. (Tie in to "talks to self")

-His view on doing the right thing. He said "I'm ethical when it suites me to be ethical."

-With relationships, he's absurdly shallow. He's only attracted to the hottest girl in the room, and pretends she is always smarter and more interesting than she is (They're usually just empty shells). And he has absolutely no clue what to do in a relationship, he just wants to have meaningless sex with most girls he finds. When he hits on a girl who's conservative, suddenly he's a centrist (Instead of a liberal). When he hits on a religious girl, suddenly he's a catholic (Instead of an clear atheist)

-He makes outlandish judgments like "All drugs are poison." "Religious people should die" and "I think (Insert name of incredibly hot girl who has never spoken to him Here) Came to Umass because she wanted to get closer to me."

-One time he tried to convince me that he was an INFJ. I was like.... :crying: He looks up to me quite a bit.

-He had a one night stand with this girl, who said that she thought the government should ban anal sex. She initiated anal sex with him. (She apparently does it all the time) I told him that she was a hypocrite with no integrity, and he got angry and said I was being too judgmental. (His ending thesis was: "You shouldn't judge people who lie knowingly.") Once again- :crying: (Oh btw, he lies all the time)

-He constructs absurd fantasies about girls after first saying hello, and gets his feelings hurt by small minor details by girls he hardly knows.

-He fell in love with a girl who had a girlfriend (She didnt flirt at all/wasn't interested) and stayed in love with her for almost half a year, doing romantic things for her.

-He gets angry a lot and breaks things and then asks me to help him come up with excuses for why they broke, so he can explain it to his parents (Without them knowing he was angry)

-He got back together with his ex (who he hates), lost his virginity to her, and dumped her the next day. Then a week later, he came to the conclusion "Hey Brian... I think I might have just used her for sex!" (Like he just realized it)

·
Registered
473 Posts
It would be pretty hard to type him accurately this way, but I do agree that he is ESxx at least. My feeling is that it's either ESFP or ESTP.

Does he seem intelligent despite his bad behavior? Or is he the dumb blond type? I went back and re-read your post, and it actually sounds like a really unhealthy version of ESFP. The fact that he gets his feelings hurt over stupid things, that's very ESFP.

Here are some ways to differentiate the two:

ESTP: Can be brilliant despite difficulties with school. Their difficulties are due to an attitude problem, not lack of intelligence. ESFP: If they have school difficulties, it's more likely that they just aren't that intelligent.

ESTP: Really don't care what other people think or how they feel. Doesn't matter to them, unless the person is close to them. ESFP: They may lack empathy, but they do care about people. They are very generous, and love to be thanked.

ESTP: Human lie detectors. They can read you like a book. ESFP: May think they can read people, but their perceptions are often off.

ESTP and ESFP can both be manipulative, but in different ways. ESTP are very skilled at it. ESFP are easier to see through.

Hopefully that's accurate and helpful enough.

·
Banned
3,849 Posts
Sounds like immature version of ESTP, possible ENTP. I get strong feeling of Ti from description - he manipulates and bends the rules to his own favor (as in switching religions for example when pursuing girls). Constantly 'falling in love'. Expressing himself in slogans & short phrases - ExTPs have some of the most rigid inner structures and quite a few of them are borderline ADD. Little self-awareness as all of their attention is focused on manipulating the world around them. There are a couple of guys hanging out in ENTP forums who sound just like that.

·
Registered
473 Posts
I just wanted to add that ESTPs also have a strong tendency toward OCD. The ESTP I know has it pretty severely.

·
Registered
1,869 Posts
Well... i wouldn't completely rule out the E yet. It's something i've been recently encountering -- but i've been meeting quite a few introverted people who like to party and are outgoing/the things you mentioned above.

I know most people have said ENTP so far, but I think it could possibly be an INTJ. I knew an INTJ like your description, almost to the t. I met him when he was a lot older and he has mellowed out so I think we see our similarities more INTJ-INFJ, but yeah. All those things above describe him.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts