Personality Cafe banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been thinking about this for quite some time and have not reached any real conclusions, so I've decided to make a post asking people to help type me. I have studied the cognitive functions enough to suspect that I am either an INFP or an ISFP. I am fairly certain that I use Fi and Te, but I think that my understanding of the perceiving functions is a bit fuzzy. At the moment I am leaning more towards INFP over ISFP, because it seems like I use Si rather than Se. However, as I've stated before, my understanding of the perceiving functions is not anywhere near perfect. I've also wondered if I might be an ISFJ, but I am pretty sure that I am an Fi user, not an Fe user.

I'd assume that it would be more helpful for anyone who is reading this and willing to help me if I were to fill out some sort of questionnaire, but I'm relatively new to this site and I don't really know if there's a particular one that people here prefer to use.

If you are reading this part, I'm going to assume that you read all the other stuff, so thank you. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

·
Grumpy old bastard
10,085 Posts
there are questioniares in the stickies at the top of the page.

when you get to enneagram, go read about 4. it might be you.

Reactions: Conterphobia

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Alright. Here are my answers to the questionnaire from the very top of the page.

Also, I am fairly certain that I am an enneagram 4. Admittedly, I don't know enneagram that well since I find it to be rather confusing. Is there any correlation between enneagram and MBTI types?

0. Is there anything that may affect the way you answer the questions? For example, a stressful time, mental illness, medications, special life circumstances? Other useful information includes sex, age, and current state of mind.

I don't think I'm particularly stressed out, I don't have any mental illnesses that I'm aware of, nor any special life circumstances that could affect his. I'll mention that I'm 18 years old, since age is listed under useful information.

1. Click on this link: Flickr: Explore! Look at the random photo for about 30 seconds. Copy and paste it here, and write about your impression of it.

It won't let me post the link, since I don't have enough posts yet.

There were a bunch of photos from the link that was there, so I just picked one randomly. Umm... It looks like a yellow flower, but kind of from an "underneath" angle. There seems to be some other greenery, but no other flowers. It's sunny outside. Because of the bright sunlight, you can see some of the stuff in the flower. It seems like a peaceful sort of scene.

2. You are with a group of people in a car, heading to a different town to see your favourite band/artist/musician. Suddenly, the car breaks down for an unknown reason in the middle of nowhere. What are your initial thoughts? What are your outward reactions?

I suppose I'd feel rather inconvenienced. I probably would have been excited to attend the concert, so it would be a shame if the car trouble couldn't be resolved. Inwardly, I'd probably be hoping that we could figure out what had happened. Outwardly, I'd probably just be being quiet and waiting to see if anyone could fix it. If it started to look like we might be stranded for awhile out the middle of nowhere, I'd probably be a bit more panicky both inwards and outwards.

3. You somehow make it to the concert. The driver wants to go to the afterparty that was announced (and assure you they won't drink so they can drive back later). How do you feel about this party? What do you do?

Ugh, I wouldn't want to go to any afterparty... I'd probably have expended most of my energy at the concert and probably just want to go home. If most of the people in the group also wanted to end the fun there, I'd probably try and make them persuade the driver not to take us to the party. If most of the people in that were in the group wanted to go, I'd probably have to go though. I wouldn't do much actual partying though. I'd likely just sit around until everyone was ready to leave.

4. On the drive back, your friends are talking. A friend makes a claim that clashes with your current beliefs. What is your inward reaction? What do you outwardly say?

Most likely, I wouldn't say anything at all unless it seriously violated my moral code. For instance, I am definitely okay with people having different religious beliefs than me, so if that claim had been a religious assertion I wouldn't think anything of it. I'd respect their opinions, even if they weren't the same as mine. However, if the claim was blatantly hateful and uncalled for (e.g., a friend making a highly offensive, racist joke) then I would probably make some sort of disparaging comment regarding that kind of viewpoint. If it's just something little or unimportant that we disagree on (e.g., they love a certain TV show while I despise it. Or maybe I like chocolate milk while they think it's disgusting.), I'd probably be judging them inwardly. I might ask them why they think that. If they can justify that belief in a way that makes sense to me and doesn't come off as petty or give a lazy, half-though-out response like "Oh, just because!" then I might not judge them so harshly. I think that people have the right to believe whatever they want, even if in my head they are totally wrong.

5. What would you do if you actually saw/experienced something that clashes with your previous beliefs, experiences, and habits?

Like I said in the last question, that would really depend on what it was. If it was small, I'd ignore it. I would be compelled to take some sort of action though if it were something serious.

6. What are some of your most important values? How did you come about determining them? How can they change?

I think it's important that people are honest with themselves and others. If people weren't so worried about what others thought, then I think that the world would be a better place. The reason I feel this way is because I can't stand people that I think are lying to me. I can't stand people that feel "fake" or who change their personalities depending on the situation. I don't appreciate not knowing which version of someone I am going to have to deal with. Also, I'd hate to think that someone (particularly a family member or a close friend) was keeping some sort of information from me or trying to gas-light me. I also can't stand when people accuse me of being dishonest. I want to be able to trust others, and I want them to know that they can trust me. I am kind of flexible about this though, because I know that there are times when a lie is necessary. It doesn't mean that I have to like it though.

7. a) What about your personality most distinguishes you from everyone else? b) If you could change one thing about you personality, what would it be? Why?

I'm actually not sure what distinguishes me from everyone else... I've been told before that I'm pretty funny. I've also been described on numerous occasions as being sarcastic. One thing that I have actively been trying to change about my personality is that I've been trying to be more positive. I've always had a bit of a pessimistic streak, and it was starting to get out of hand. I was tired of being negative and bitter all the time, so I sought to change that. I think it's working so far.

8. How do you treat hunches or gut feelings? In what situations are they most often triggered?

I dunno... I usually only get them in response to people (i.e., "I have a bad feeling about that guy...), and I've been told that I'm usually right. The people I get bad feelings from usually turn out to be pretty sketchy. I'm also good at predicting plot stuff in movies and books and such. However, that might just be me remembering what happened in a similar book or movie and assuming it will happen again.

9. a) What activities energize you most? b) What activities drain you most? Why?

I am most energized by activities that I can do alone at home. I like to draw, and I like to write fiction. I also like reading. As for activities that drain me the most... Sports, probably.

10. What do you repress about your outward behavior or internal thought process when around others? Why?

I try not to repress things about my behavior/thought processes, since I can't stand people who aren't true to themselves. Sometimes I try and repress any strong feelings I might have, for fear of upsetting other people. I also don't generally share what I'm thinking, since I'm more of a private person. As a kid I used to get into trouble a lot for being "too honest," so I usually keep my opinions to myself instead of causing trouble.

I know most of my answers to this were a little brief, so if you want more detail anywhere let me know and I'll write more.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.