Personality Cafe banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1. Is there anything that may affect the way you answer the questions? For example, a stressful time, mental illness, medications, special life circumstances? Other useful information includes sex, age, and current state of mind.
Totally relaxed and it's a super nice day. I should really be outside, actually.
I'm a 21 year old female.

2. What type(s) do you usually score as on tests?
I typed an INTJ for some years but after looking at it closer I realized I'm not cerebral enough.
INFJ - but I'm trying to grasp my head around the whole "moments of lucid understanding" bit and I'm not sure I can completely understand that.
INFP, ISFP strong possibilities as well.

3. Click on this link: Flickr: Explore! Choose 2 photos and look at each for as long as you feel that you need. Copy and paste the photos here (or write the link like example: www[dot]flickr[dot]com/photos/jacoboson/8697480741/in/explore-2013-05-01), and write your impression of each of them.

flickr.com/photos/mkc609/9502305988/in/explore-2013-08-13
This one caught my eye because of the black and white (great tones) and the wonderful slant of light (which coincidentally is the first line of one of my favourite poems and the inspiration of my username... anyway). Upon closer inspection (i.e. opening up the full size), I see there is really nothing overly special about it. It's a little grainy. The people getting off the boat look like plain old tourists of some sort, the buildings to the left look like plain storage buildings. In fact, the fact the sky and light is so wondrous compared to rest of it is the most baffling. It looks almost surreal, as if someone photoshopped it on, or some Being decided to grace this boring bit of sea with wonderment just for the camera.

flickr.com/photos/daydelosmuertos/9498692587/in/explore-2013-08-13
I really, really like this one. The colours are wonderful, the fresh green is such a juxtaposition to the weariness of the scene in front of it. I was curious at first to what would cause such a scene - is it some sort of war zone, did something terrible happen here? It made me think if it could be Bosnia, since I'm going on vacation there next week and I'm terribly excited about it and that's what came to mind. (it turns out it's Russia, which is also just as cool). Anyway, if you actually just properly look at it, it's just a plain old dentist office, but scenes like this draw me in. They are so beautiful in their decay.

4. You are on the clock to fix something, a friend of yours sits beside you and gives a lot of interesting ideas, none of them actually help or are related to your situation, but they are still something you find interesting. What is your reaction? What do you say? What do you do? What's your train of thought?
Erm, if his ideas are not really of help then I feel that they are wasting my time? I'd be a little annoyed, maybe I won't show it at first but I'll try and get them at the task at hand and actually help me with it. If it's a mechanical thing especially, then I'm rather hopeless and would need help - though if it's more of a mental problem to solve, that I know I can do, then I might prefer to handle on it on my own. Actually, if I am close to fixing it and there is an idea that isn't quite getting formed, then the presence of my friend talking will likely be extremely irritating. I would tell them to shut up for a moment, actually. (actually I have done this before. My friends call it the "shush" and they know that's when I mean business).

Oh, and obviously if I do find it interesting then I would ask them to tell it to me later, but obviously I'm trying to get something done here....

5a. What are some of your most important values?
I'm pretty simple person. I value respect, trust, honesty from other people. That's all it is really. Otherwise I have no really strong convictions about anything, except somehow making the world a better place, somehow.

5b. Can they change? What would be the reason if they changed?
Not really? I find my values are worthy and straightforward. Who doesn't want to be respected and not lied to?
Reasons they would be changed? Why? I guess for an example, trying to make the world a btter place - I mean, I may not succeed, but that doesn't make it a less worthy value? I don't think something like that would change....

6. You are in a car with some other people, the people in the car are talking. Someone makes a claim that you see as immoral/rude/cruel. What is your inward reaction? What do you think? What do you say?
Well, that's how they want to think, fine. To be honest, I tend to put a barrier for myself around people, so if I've already judged that these people are not ones I really agree with (which is likely), then these comments would just fall into character and would not be surprising. I probably wouldn't say anything, though of course it depends on the seriousness of the offense (what am I doing in a car with them anyway?).

I'm trying hard to think of a case where this wouldn't be the case, but I can't really. Unless they were literally going to drive the car into some poor pedestrian or something, I wouldn't comment on it.

If they were friends, or even moderately close acquaintances, however, then I would be surprised. If they said something immoral - and to me, that's pretty much killing someone or something quiet serious - then it would just be in shock. If just plain rude/cruel then I might call them out on it - I would give them a benefit of a doubt and maybe they didn't know what they were actually saying, or something.

7. a) What activities energizes you the most? Why?
Oh, these questions. I don't know, just doing something relaxing. A couple of days ago I was sitting by the river reading a book and this cute family with a chubby little baby was lying on a blanket a few metres from me. That was relaxing. For some reason writing this all out is somewhat relaxing, though I wish I can do this outside. Writing in general is relaxing. Being with a good friend and having a long, moderately deep, yet still light-hearted conversation is always great, especially over a cappuccino. Stuff like this.

7. b) What activities drains you the most? Why?
I was at work today and I had nothing to do and it felt like my brain is melting. When I have to ask people for favours or have to order food I don't know how to pronounce it just makes me freeze. If I have to socialize with massive amounts of people and I don't know any of them then I freeze. Sometimes if just one person, even.

I was going to vacuum today and I made it as far as clearing out the floor when I deemed myself too tired and started doing this. But maybe that's just me being lazy.

8. Do you believe you are introverted or extroverted? Why do you believe that? (Please be as detailed as
possible)

I think I'm introverted. I don't know, I like the idea of people, I like to be able to help people, but I actually don't like interacting with them, unless I'm helping them, because helping is always satisfying. I like people-watching, but mostly because people are fascinating to begin with, but I'm completely okay with not interacting with them. In everyday life, actually, my default setting is to be as avoidant as possible.

On the other hand, when people do fascinate me, or when at least I agree with them, then I can be quite amiable and talkative. I just have to be in the mood for it, or I find you worthy or interesting enough to make conversation with you. Or maybe I was just lonely. So, I am an extrovert in a way that I do seek out human interaction (doesn't everyone though?), but I crave it more in a personal (like I wish I had someone to have a coffee with) over superficial (as in I want to go to this big party) level.

9. Please describe yourself, what do you see as your greatest strengths and what do you see as your greatest weaknesses?
I always hated these "please describe yourself" questions, because it always comes out different and I never know what to say, so let me just focus on my strengths and weaknesses.

Strengths:
- I am thorough and always did well at work and school, to the point of perfectionism (but I've learned to control it, mostly), which is strange because this is not always the case in other parts of life. I think it is the case of having set expectations and knowing just what good quality is, and following through. Anyway, I always do well, even if it takes me a while.
- My friends think I'm amusing and funny and good to have conversations with. I think.
- I like to think that I am good at reading and "pinpointing" people. I have at least one friend who agrees with this.
- I am tolerant to the point of passivity.
- I am pleasant if I like you.
- I plan ahead, way ahead, and in detail, though strangely I am still not the most organized (the problem is the follow through).
- I know what I want in life (edit: though I may not know exactly how to get there).

Weaknesses:
- I am indecisive. It is part pickiness, part of me not actually knowing what I want, but mostly it's anxiousness. It's probably the most debilitating part of my life.
- I'm avoidant. I live off the idea that if I don't bother people they won't bother me. I'd rather do things myself, though more frequently, just not at all.
- I can be spiteful. Some people are just plain nice people and if you catch me on a bad day I tend to give a bad impression. Moody, negative, etc. If I catch on that they're intimidated by this then I just go with the flow. And sometimes, I am too negative, or complaining too much, etc., but I don't know, that's just who I am.
- People have told me that they have been intimidated by me. I have no idea how, if you've actually met me properly. I only know this because I have friends that told me they were scared when they first met me. Also, apparently my default face looks mad.

10. Please describe yourself when you are feeling stressed. How do you act and why? Real life experiences are welcome.
I get anxious when I'm stressed out. I don't know, it depends on the source of stress, but I usually act out emotionally somehow - I get angry, upset easily. If there is a source of stress (like say, a paper, deadline) then I alleviate it by making sure I do the best I can.

11. What is your "soft spot" (the area that makes you upset if people mess with)?
Hm... the first thing is little things like when people sit on my bed in their "outdoor" clothes, but that's just the first example. Um... I just don't like when people try and mess with /me/ just as a person, when I don't want them to. Like when people on the street ask for things, or if someone walks into my room and touches my stuff. If someone promises something and doesn't follow through, or if someone makes something inconvenient for me (like being late or something), then I get really irritated.

12. What are most of the ideas/thoughts you get generally centered around (try to expand your answers as much as possible)?
This is a vague question. I guess my mind is filled with the following: worry; thinking about people whom I miss; feasibility and quality of my current relationship (very often); thinking about the a random idea that I want to research, read about, or write about immediately; being focused on the latter, usually involving Wikipedia; tasks that I should be doing but instead just end up thinking about doing; and current plans, whether already conceived or in fruition.

13. What's your opinion of getting frequent feedback on what you do? (Someone pointing out what is good, what is bad, what and how to improve) Is there a limit to how often you want feedback? If so, what is the limit?
Constructive criticism is always a good thing. I mean, there's a reason it's called constructive. Of course, getting pointed out that you're doing something badly always stings, but at least that gives room to improve.
As for a limit, I don't think so, as long as it is actually constructive - though I would prefer quality over quantity. Or just give me all the things that's wrong and lots of time to improve them, instead of constantly barraging me with deficiencies that I constantly have to improve.

14. Anything beyond what has been discussed that you would like to add?
Nope, wow that was long. I am too lazy to check for typos... Oh, and if you want to see another questionnaire from a couple weeks ago: personalitycafe.com/whats-my-personality-type/155362-who-am-i-questionnaire.html

1 - 1 of 1 Posts