Personality Cafe banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I usually test as INFP, I've recently got interested in the functions though and after looking closer I noticed as an INFP I should have an Introvert Feeling function as my dominant function. At least recently I haven't felt connected to my own emotions enough to warrant and Fi Dominant.

Now I have no attachment to being an INFJ, I loved being an INFP, but I want to make sure that I'm actually the correct type.

Just looking at the functions of INFJ:

Ni: I don't quite know how I use intuition. I've been told that my intuition is off the charts and I usually use it in my life coaching. I listen to clients talk and I get an essence of them. I get a knowing, I don't consider it an "ah ha!" because I so trust that it will be there that it doesn't surprise me. I will stake my life on the accuracy of this "essence". I usually help clients realize connections inside of themselves that they didn't know where there.

Fe: This is the one that gets me most. As I said I don't feel particularly connected to my own feelings. Also I've heard that a characteristic of Fe is where their heart on they're sleeve. This is very true for me I have a hard time concealing my emotions and I'm also very expressive when I talk. I like to add interpretive dances if necessary. The one thing I'm unsure of the the INFJ tendency to absorb emotions. I don't feel absorb emotions. If I'm talking to someone and they are crying I don't feel the need to cry. If anything I'm too stoic.

Ti:?

Se: I love to dance. Ballet and Modern. I've never gone far with it but I have a naturally ability to pick up new steps after watching someone else do it.

·
Registered
149 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Thank you!

That is interesting. I read about both the INFJ and the INFP.

I was reading INFJ and it makes me think that I must have an Fe, because I think other people used to think that I was an extrovert. I was a little butterfly and had everyone I met wrapped around my finger. Even I didn't quite realize I was introverted until later. I was giggly and expressive and always making friends with the new kid to make sure they weren't left out.

Fe would also explain why I feel like a "nice" person but at the same time I feel like a fraud and I'll tell my mom, people think I'm nice but I'm not really.

I'm noticing also that if the Se type comes on later that would also make sense. I didn't dance until college and I also went from completely ignoring the finer things into life until college also. And while I still prefer simplicity I also enjoy quality and refinement.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.