Personality Cafe banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is my friends enneagram. She is typed as an ISTP (we're not sure about it, she says she feels like one and a friend of mine said she was most likely one).

- She doesn't forgive people easily.
- People don't know when she's joking/sarcastic.
- When she finds something that interests her, she could easily spend the whole night researching about it.
- It's hard for her to make friends.
- She doesn't show much emotions, which makes her hard to read. But she blushes easily. It's easier for her to show strong emotions like sadness and anger.
- She doesn't pick up others excitement.
- She dislikes routines.
- She likes the idea of being good at school, but is too lazy to do anything about it.
- When she's irritated or mad, it's hard to calm her down since she's too focused on the thing that makes her mad.
- She has her own believes about life and follows them.
- She likes the idea of travelling around the world and one of her dreams is to climb Mount Everest.
- She procrastinates a lot. She leaves school assignments and other things to the last minute.
- She does her best when working under pressure.
- She likes simple living.
- She doesn't care about shopping and is frugal with money. She doesn't care about materialistic stuff.
- When at home she usually plays video games or watches movies.
- She dislikes loud and obnoxious people.
- When she built her computer she only read the until the part when she figured out how to attach the parts, she didn't read the whole manual. Even tho she had a very bad migraine she still continued to build her computer in the middle of the nigh. She didn't give up easily even tho she had to take out the parts a few times and reattach them again.
- When she's talking and can't think of the right word, she will pretty much anything to find out the word she was looking for and continue her sentence.
- When we were writing this, she corrected me when she thought it was incorrect. She did it in this sentence too... I think she's not fond of my writing skills.
- She gets emotional if she's a big fan of the movies or series. She gets ashamed about it.
- She likes sports in nature rather than in gym.
- Her dream job as a child was being an astronaut or archaeologist.

I appreciate all the help and answers!

·
Registered
2,826 Posts
Enneagram is about motivations, so it would help to know why she does all these things. And even so, it will still require more instrospection. Enneagram is not easy to determine.

·
Banned
4,790 Posts
Yeah that's pretty much just standard MBTI Thinker stuff. Most newcomers would say 5, but frankly many of those things describe me pretty well, too (I'm INTJ 6w7).

1 fix, possibly, and maybe SP-first. That's about all I got from this.

·
Registered
5,977 Posts
I suggest you take the enneagram test and -then- read all the profiles, it should get you on track. Things written here does not mean much in enneagram sense.

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
honestly she sounds like a typical ISTP to me. Nothing particularly enneagram about that stands out to me as an ISTP myself.
I'm a Type 7w8 and related to every single one of those points.

·
Beer Guardian
ENTP 5w6 So/Sx 584 ILE Honorary INTJ ♂
17,881 Posts
@emmasmv

This person's core type is more than likely in the head triad (5-6-7) but the details you have provided are rather scanty. Have your friend take a few tests online to narrow things down a bit.

·
Registered
2,610 Posts
I don't think this the best way to gauge type. I strongly relate to about 2/3 of the things on this list, but if she's an ISTP, we're probably very different people. This list could apply to so many types. I think this sounds like a stereotypical Five, but enneagram isn't actually about behaviour. I agree with the person who suggested out finding more about why she does these things. Or just have her take the test!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts