Personality Cafe banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello very nice people! I've maybe taken an enneagram test once and tested as a four wing three but those tests are apparently quite shit so I guess this would be a better way to really test for my enneagram.

Main Questions

1. What drives you in life? What do you look for?
2. What do you hope to accomplish in your life?

I've squashed these two questions together because they both seem to cover each other nicely and are quite similar. I don't really have a drive, It's hard to say as I sorta just go with the flow and live everyday as it is. If I was really to pin-point a drive, I guess it would be enjoyment and happiness, not only for myself but for others to as seeing other people happy makes me happy to. I really like it when someone smiles because of something I did, that really gets me happy and drives me to do it again. I guess I hope to accomplish a lot, I hope to at least travel all over the world, make something of my music and to find someone to share these experiences with. I also hope whilst doing these that I experience new things, help out people on the way and make people's day!

3. What do you hope to avoid doing or being? What values are important to you?

I hope to avoid living a mundane existence where I work nine to five and bore myself to 65 where I retire to live an even more mundane last 20 years of my life. I really hope to achieve recognition for all the right reasons rather than the wrong reasons. I also hope avoid being horrible to people and causing conflict because that isn't going to get anyone anywhere. My most important value is definitely loyalty, I really feel sad and betrayed when someone is unloyal to me, sometimes I can never forgive it. I also value open-minded and optimism.

4. What are your biggest fears (not including phobias)? Why?

Well, like said above, I fear living a mundane existence which expanded on is the fear of not living my life how I want it and living it where I'm only helping myself and not other people. I also fear being alone, I hate the feeling of being unloved and not having friends and family.

5. How do you want others to see you? How do you see yourself?

I want others to see me as someone capable of helping them, giving them real meaning to their life but I doubt that's true, I see myself as a sloth and lazy and full of self doubt. I also hope they see me as values they deem good such as possibly, helpful, loyal, intelligent but again, I'm full of self doubt so I doubt I have any of those traits.

6. What makes you feel your best? What makes you feel your worst?

I feel my best when I'm around my friends and having a great time, doing whatever because everyones happy and all problems are gone. I also feel my best listening and making music, makes me all happy! :D

I probably feel the worst when others around me are feeling like shit and the overall atmosphere is pretty bad. I also feel really bad when I feel I've let someone down or hurt someone. I also feel my worst when I've really bored such as doing a 8 hour repetitive task, that really makes me feel bad.

7. Describe how you experience each of:
a) anger; I rarely get angry but when I do I guess it's not that noticeable, I guess I kind of hide it for the sake of other people. If it's a personal matter then I will probably shut myself off and not really talk about it to much unless someones really insists on asking.

b) shame; I dislike feeling shame, It's the worst. Makes me feel like I've let myself down and let other people down to. I've experienced shame multiple times and I guess It's disheartening and I really try to avoid doing shameful things. I most likely will also shut myself off and I hope it'll be forgotten sooner or later.

c) anxiety.I feel anxious at meeting new people and doing new things, I also feel anxious when I'm unsure of something such as an answer to something. I guess I keep to myself and hope for the best!

8. Describe how you respond to each of:
a) stress; I guess I'm to relaxed to ever really feel stressed. I guess I just sort of shut down when stressed, doing things I shouldn't be doing like procrastinating to pass the time.
b) unexpected change; I welcome unexpected change with open arms. I guess It really depends on what has changed, if it's for the better then I guess I'll be alright with it or if it's something that isn't for the better then I will have my say hopefully.
c) conflict.I try to avoid conflict at all costs. If there is conflict between people I personally know then I may try and help out but if its between strangers than I will probably stay my distance.

9. Describe your orientation to:
a) authority;b) power. I guess it depends on the sort of authority. If the authority is understanding and helpful then maybe I'll be willing to follow but if they are really strict and power heavy then I'll most likely pass on it and go somewhere else. I dislike the idea of having power, I don't think I'll be able to push people around or anything like that.

10. What is your overall outlook on life and humanity?
Just be happy with what you have and really search for the people that make you happy. I also really like the idea of just going with the flow and making something of your life as everyone deserves the best!

Cheers!
:happy:

Reactions: Pressed Flowers

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Anyone?

Reactions: Pressed Flowers

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
When I first began reading your Enneagram questionnaire, (and also glanced at your photo), I immediately thought: "This is a fellow Type 7". But as I continued to read, things got a bit more muddled.

I heard strong elements of Type 7, Type 2, and Type 9, with a little bit of Type 6 in there.

Wanting to travel the world and go on so many adventures seems a bit too ambitious for a Type 9 (I feel a Type 9 might do these things, if they were SX first, or had a partner who dragged them along). Most of the people I know who have wanderlust are Type 7's, or 4w3 (take that with a grain of salt though; I don't know a lot of people XD).

Both, Type 9, Type 2, and Type 7 are all "positive" types (they like to keep things "happy" and "positive"), and I got a lot of those vibes in your questionnaire. Each of those types are from a different center (Head, Gut, and Heart), so perhaps these are your Tritype fixes.

I would say you seem a bit too laid back to be a Type 2w1, and don't seem to prefer the spot light quite enough to be a 2w3. If you were a Type 7, you would probably have a 6-wing, however, you don't seem anxious enough to be a head type (but you'd have to elaborate more for me to have an understanding of that). I don't think you have an 8-wing as a Type 7 or as a Type 9; Both would be more in-touch with an aggressive side (which, aggressive you are not).

I would suggest you look into types:

-> 9w1 ( http://personalitycafe.com/type-9-forum-peacemaker/39226-enneatype-9-wings.html )
-> 7w6 ( http://personalitycafe.com/type-7-forum-enthusiast/39230-enneatype-7-wings.html )
-> 2w3 ( http://personalitycafe.com/type-2-forum-helper/39238-enneatype-2-wings.html )

Read them over, and browse their forum areas, and see if you don't relate to one more than the other.

My guess for Tritype is going to be (in this order): 7w6, 9w1, 2w3 . You seem to have an obvious wing in Type 6 (Your loyalty, full of self-doubt). It was hard to decide between Type 9 and Type 7 as your primary, but I leaned towards Type 7, because you seem a bit too active and aware to be a Type 9. The fact that you want to travel, detest a 9-to-5 job, dislike the mundane, are big on happiness, like to make others happy & smile, open-minded + optimism, discussed disliking boredom, welcome change, have a "maybe" relationship with authority figures.

I saw Type 9 in your conflict avoidance, "go with the flow", sloth mentions, rarely get angry, "shut down", relaxed (not stressed often), procrastinate when stressed, you try to mediate conflict, dislike being in a position of power.

I heard Type 2 when you mentioned wanting to help people, your focus on other people, wanting to make others smile, wanting to achieve "recognition" (image), hate the feeling of being "unloved", positivity, you want others and yourself to see you as "capable of helping", "helpful", and the ability to "give others lives meaning"; fear of being alone and not helping others (definitely not a Type 7 concern XD), strong connection to shame.

I would guess SO/SX for your instinctual variants (same as @Living dead ). You seem very concerned about "others" and "group" (SO instinct), and your wanting to travel the world and have intense novel experiences is SX-like.

I feel fairly confident that you're Tritype is some variation of the "Triple Positive" tritype (729, 792, 972, 927, 279, 297).

·
🎀
11,795 Posts
Agreed,although I'm fairly certain of 9w1 core,9 going to 3,1 going to 7 making him look too active for a 9.Conflict avoidance,not wanting to bother people,being easygoing,rarely getting angry and not showing anger,also signs of 6

The last sentence of questionnaire(before "Cheers!") sounds very 9 to me,healthy 9.

I'd go with 9w1-7w6-2w3 or 9w1-2w3-7w6,definitely so/sx :)

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
@o0india0o @Living dead

Thanks for the answers and breakdowns!

It's hard to say honestly. I think I definitely resonated with 7w6 the most with some of the 9w1 parts but 2w3 really doesn't seem like me.

I'm not to familiar with variants as well but I'll look them up!

Thanks! :)

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
@o0india0o @Living dead

Thanks for the answers and breakdowns!

It's hard to say honestly. I think I definitely resonated with 7w6 the most with some of the 9w1 parts but 2w3 really doesn't seem like me.

I'm not to familiar with variants as well but I'll look them up!

Thanks! :)
No problem!

Like I said, you did come across as a fellow Type 7, just a much more 9-ish version.

I wouldn't worry too much about Tritype or Instinctual Variants until you solidify your Primary Enneagram type and get comfortable and acquainted with that (as well as your wing; most people identify more strongly with one of the numbers on either side their type, which impacts their "flavoring" of personhood). It can be a lot to take in, so I'd take it in steps.

Good luck! & keep us updated! :)

Reactions: Ax
1 - 7 of 7 Posts