Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
5,675 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took this long test. Answered everything 100% truthfully. And this is what I got.

Introverted Feeling (Fi) 42
Extraverted Feeling (Fe) 38.1
Introverted Intuiting (Ni) 35.9
Introverted Sensing (Si) 33.7
Introverted Thinking (Ti) 27.5
Extroverted Thinking (Te) 26.6
Extraverted Intuiting (Ne) 21.1
Extraverted Sensing (Se) 15.5

Does this make me like... a messed up INFJ?

·
Registered
81 Posts
lol i think i use those functions in the same order. Isn't messed up the description of infj? In my opinion we are a jack of all trades type.

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
From those results, I doubt you use that much Fi since your extroverted perception processes are so far down the list. What may be happening is that you are growing in your use of Fe, but to you it may seem like this is really Fi when it's not. It's still based on the outside world even though it's what you think, if that makes any sense at all.

Keep in mind that cognition tests are usually just as bad as the MBTI ones, and that pretty much no one has those funky function orders unless you're in a tertiary loop.

Reactions: penchant and myjazz

·
Banned
4,508 Posts
Took this long test. Answered everything 100% truthfully. And this is what I got.

I hate function tests. They are so.... they don't make sense. Don't ask me why they don't make sense. Cause I don't know :tongue:. But ask an ENTP or something. They will tell you!

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Don't worry about it, my cognitive functions are all crazy and weird too. My Fi scores super high as well. Fi is a common thing that an INFJ develops because a lot of what Fi is, is principles and stuff in short. That normally comes to an INFJ as they get older. I have seen it in a lot of INFJs that also have a high J scoring. Don't worry about it too much.

·
Registered
5,675 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
From those results, I doubt you use that much Fi since your extroverted perception processes are so far down the list. What may be happening is that you are growing in your use of Fe, but to you it may seem like this is really Fi when it's not. It's still based on the outside world even though it's what you think, if that makes any sense at all.

Keep in mind that cognition tests are usually just as bad as the MBTI ones, and that pretty much no one has those funky function orders unless you're in a tertiary loop.
I spent 2-3 years discovering my own code of ethics based upon my own definitions. When it came to discovering my code of ethics, Fe barely participated at all. Fe comes into play more when it comes to group communication.

Don't worry about it, my cognitive functions are all crazy and weird too. My Fi scores super high as well. Fi is a common thing that an INFJ develops because a lot of what Fi is, is principles and stuff in short. That normally comes to an INFJ as they get older. I have seen it in a lot of INFJs that also have a high J scoring. Don't worry about it too much.
Cool... we're like the Fi INFJs xD

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
I spent 2-3 years discovering my own code of ethics based upon my own definitions. When it came to discovering my code of ethics, Fe barely participated at all. Fe comes into play more when it comes to group communication.
That might be true if cognitive functions are "skill sets" (like saying "this is what is important to me; therefore, I am using Fi"). However, they're not skill sets but attitudes of viewing the world, certain values if you will. If you've spent the past few years formulating your own personal values and what's important to you, this may very well be an INFJ just using Ni and Ti to determine what's right based on ourselves, but unless you were undergoing stress these past few years and shadowing as an ENFP, and you insist you are using Fi, then you are probably not an INFJ since you are my same age I'm guessing (college-aged) and you don't have access to Fi yet (if you/we ever will).

If it helps, I think my Fi is pretty much nonexistant. My internal values and principles come from logic and impersonality (Ti), but my Fe (feeling based on others and getting external consensus from a group) supersedes that attitude most of the time.

Reactions: SarahWilliams

·
Banned
3,849 Posts
No, it makes it a one messed-up inaccurate test. I wish people would stop taking these tests - they just make everyone more confused.

Only way to determine your personality type for SURE is to read descriptions of how functions work in their essence, read about their manifestations, then introspect and decide which ones are your dominant and auxiliary ones.

Places to start reading:
ENFP Wiki
MBTI characteristics & 16 Personality Types
comparison of Jung's 8 types
Function Attitude

WHERES VEL????

and batmangan... wheres your old avatar? i didnt even recognize it was you for a second :shocked:
on it :laughing:

& this reminds me that it is time to change my avatar too .. mhm ..

·
Banned
1,794 Posts

You see why I get confused about what type I am? I did that test and came out as INFP. Yet every other test I've ever done says INFJ. For me it doesn't even help to read the functions because I can never understand the jargon. I need to examples with each statement otherwise my interpretation of it's meaning could be wrong. I thought I was INFJ then I started thinking what if I'm not? So Vel helped me out with some questions but even with those questions I had difficulty deciding between them. So then it looked like I was INFP but I doubt that too.

·
Banned
1,794 Posts
No, it makes it a one messed-up inaccurate test. I wish people would stop taking these tests - they just make everyone more confused.

Only way to determine your personality type for SURE is to read descriptions of how functions work in their essence, read about their manifestations, then introspect and decide which ones are your dominant and auxiliary ones.

Places to start reading:
ENFP Wiki
MBTI characteristics & 16 Personality Types
comparison of Jung's 8 types
Function Attitude

on it :laughing:

& this reminds me that it is time to change my avatar too .. mhm ..
Vel - (sorry to bother you again!) I haven't looked at that site before comparison of Jung's 8 types I found the descriptions much easier to understand than other sites. When I looked at Fe and Fi I definintely related to Fe a lot more.

When around people I often find my own opinions and feelings stay surpressed. I am more aware of how others are feeling about the situation than I am. It is only when I take time out to reflect that I can decide which side I was on. I also tend to be able to see both sides of the situation, which is probably why my brother says I don't have any opinions of my own. When I do!

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Cognitive Process Level of Development (Preference, Skill and Frequency of Use)
extraverted Sensing (Se) **************************** (28.6)
average use
introverted Sensing (Si) ******************************** (32.7)
good use
extraverted Intuiting (Ne) ******************************** (32.8)
good use
introverted Intuiting (Ni) ****************************************** (42)
excellent use
extraverted Thinking (Te) ********************** (22.5)
limited use
introverted Thinking (Ti) *************** (15.5)
unused
extraverted Feeling (Fe) ***************************************** (41.2)
excellent use
introverted Feeling (Fi) ************************ (24.9)
average use

i don't look very infj with that terrible Ti. I know i am though.. i am an introvert and i use Ni and Fe all the time with great success. I actually cannnot find any consistent success using any other functions(i wonder why? lol) Tried pretending i was an isfj my whole depression..it sucked never helped very much.

·
Registered
836 Posts
I got ENFJ. Which, based on cognitive functions - I'm pretty sure I am. Cept I don't like people, and can go for long periods of time without social interactions in my personal life. IE, I do not readily seek out people on the weekends.

My results:
extraverted Sensing (Se) ********************************************* (45.8)
excellent use
introverted Sensing (Si) ******** (8.1)
unused
extraverted Intuiting (Ne) ****************************************** (42.8)
excellent use
introverted Intuiting (Ni) ********************************** (34.7)
good use
extraverted Thinking (Te) ************** (14.2)
unused
introverted Thinking (Ti) ********************** (22.8)
limited use
extraverted Feeling (Fe) ***************************************** (41.6)
excellent use
introverted Feeling (Fi) ***************************** (29.8)
average use

so... I dunno. I trust the test with my results. My Se and Fe are pretty well developed.

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
I got ENFJ. Which, based on cognitive functions - I'm pretty sure I am. Cept I don't like people, and can go for long periods of time without social interactions in my personal life. IE, I do not readily seek out people on the weekends.

My results:
extraverted Sensing (Se) ********************************************* (45.8)
excellent use
introverted Sensing (Si) ******** (8.1)
unused
extraverted Intuiting (Ne) ****************************************** (42.8)
excellent use
introverted Intuiting (Ni) ********************************** (34.7)
good use
extraverted Thinking (Te) ************** (14.2)
unused
introverted Thinking (Ti) ********************** (22.8)
limited use
extraverted Feeling (Fe) ***************************************** (41.6)
excellent use
introverted Feeling (Fi) ***************************** (29.8)
average use

so... I dunno. I trust the test with my results. My Se and Fe are pretty well developed.
well mine says i am more likely an ENFJ too lol with my fairly good Se and non existent Ti. Thing is i get lonely with talking to people for more then 5 or 6 hours but i burn out talking to people for too long. I am suffering from the i want to be an ENFJ ideal i think. I want to be extraverted alot of the time. I really don't have much use to be introverted since it hampers my ability to help people with me needing to take breaks from people every so often. I love being around people it is when i am happies but sadly i am an introvert and it drains me..... sigh

·
Registered
5,675 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I feel like our high Si scores come as a result of a merging of our Ni and Se functions into a deep, almost intangible "Sensing" of that what we observed.

Namely... I see the high Si scores as being part of that "magical INFJ intuition" skill set. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
I feel like our high Si scores come as a result of a merging of our Ni and Se functions into a deep, almost intangible "Sensing" of that what we observed.

Namely... I see the high Si scores as being part of that "magical INFJ intuition" skill set. Any thoughts?
I think you mean like when i reflect on the day alone in a relaxing environment and the events of the last few days flow through my mind and i put together patterns i did not see before? it is a sensation i don't quite get and all the sudden i may find things that astound me that i could not see. i sometimes figure out what a person is hiding from me or something i may have been oblivious to will be plain as day.

·
Banned
1,039 Posts
well mine says i am more likely an ENFJ too lol with my fairly good Se and non existent Ti. Thing is i get lonely with talking to people for more then 5 or 6 hours but i burn out talking to people for too long. I am suffering from the i want to be an ENFJ ideal i think. I want to be extraverted alot of the time. I really don't have much use to be introverted since it hampers my ability to help people with me needing to take breaks from people every so often. I love being around people it is when i am happies but sadly i am an introvert and it drains me..... sigh
It's good to see that someone feels kind of like I do.

My Ti is fine, but I wish my Se was better. Being around too many people for too long does drain me, but I wish it didn't.

I just need to be around close friends and still somehow find a way to make a "meaningful impact" in life.

·
Registered
5,675 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I think you mean like when i reflect on the day alone in a relaxing environment and the events of the last few days flow through my mind and i put together patterns i did not see before? it is a sensation i don't quite get and all the sudden i may find things that astound me that i could not see. i sometimes figure out what a person is hiding from me or something i may have been oblivious to will be plain as day.
Nfs suffer from that a lot, I believe.

When I was younger and less mature I would be able to get a pretty good read on people (See their hidden agendas, etc)...

However, the moment that my emotions such as sympathy, love, anger, or anything else came into play, it was like I would completely bury my head in the sand and I'd read people 110% wrong. It was like my judgement of people, which are usually reliable and scary accurate, get totally thrown off by my emotions.

I would have a hard time seeing any wrong or negative traits in women where love was involved... I'd have a very hard time seeing bad or negative traits in people I saw as "victims". And on the flipside... I had a very hard time seeing the good parts of people that I considered to be evil.

My emotions replaced my desire to see the truth, and replaced it with a desire to see a "particular" truth that I hoped for. Unfortunately the world wasn't as black and white as I wanted to paint it as a kid, and I had to learn from it.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts