Personality Cafe banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1) What aspect of your personality made you unsure of your type?

I was a teenager when I first became interested in MBTI, and was battling with mental health issues on top of that. My cognitive functions never aligned with my results, and I've grown into quite a different person since then. Now, I'm more extroverted, more cocky, and a lot less sensitive. I don't feel it "fits" as much as I once believed.

2) What do you yearn for in life? Why?

Mostly, I want to be happy with myself. I want to be well-rounded, have experienced a lot of things, and I want to be able to die saying that I made the most of my years while I had them. All in all; having lived a fun, fulfilling, and rewarding life.

3) Think about a time where you felt like you were at your finest. Tell us what made you feel that way.

To be honest, I always feel my best after a break-up. I don't know whether it's the excitement of freedom, a new direction, the opportunity to learn and grow, or a combination of all three. But knowing that I've moved on and I've overcome an unpredictable obstacle - that's never failed to make me feel awesome.

4) What makes you feel inferior?

I loathe being ignored. Also, people trying to "baby" me and guide me in the direction they think is right. I've already thought about all the possibilities and the path I want to take, it makes me feel as if they doubt my competence.

5) What tends to weigh on your decisions? (Do you think about people, pro-cons, how you feel about it, etc.)

Pro-cons lists are a huge thing for me, but mostly I'm evaluating how it will shape people's opinions of me, whether I can justify it to myself (usually, I can), and whether it aligns with my beliefs about myself.

6) When working on a project what is normally your emphasis? Do you like to have control of the outcome?

As far as academic/work projects go, I couldn't care less about control. I like my voice to be heard, yes. But, leadership is only taken when I can tell no one else will step up. I don't enjoy it, but it's necessary, and I'm good at delegating hahah.

7) Describe us a time where you had a lot of fun. How is your memory of it?

Oh man, I'm a little spoiled for choice. The risky memories are definitely the ones I've enjoyed the most. Bush walking down to a forbidden waterfall that's taken the lives of quite a few people, for example. A little bit reckless, sure, but I think the people you're with are more the ones that make an experience awesome.

8) When you want to learn something new, what feels more natural for you? (Are you more prone to be hands on, to theorize, to memorize, etc)

I retain information quite easily, so I can probably memorise it. Hands-on experiences are definitely helpful, too, but I'm clumsy so I like to avoid the embarrassment haha.

9) How organized do you to think of yourself as?

Um, not. That being said, socially, I am awesome at being organised. I manage to fit everyone into my week so that it flows nicely. As for everything else... I like making lists as a means of procrastinating, but I'm terrible at keeping to them.

10) How do you judge new ideas? You try to understand the principles behind it to see if they make sense or do you look for information that supports it?

A little bit of both, but I'd be more trusting of evidence to back up the idea. I've done enough psychology to know that, even though the principles seem logical and convincing, they can be absolute bullshit. But I'd be willing to give it some thought.

11) You find harmony by making sure everyone is doing fine and belonging to a given group or by making sure that you follow what you believe and being yourself?

I understand that groups require some level of harmony. There's a balance between following what you believe, but also knowing when to keep your mouth shut because the fireworks aren't worth it. And I'm always open to a new perspective, because you never know how it might better shape your own thoughts.

12) Are you the kind that thinks before speaking or do you speak before thinking? Do you prefer one-on-one communication or group discussions?

Eh, I can go either way. Maybe a little more prone to speaking before thinking, because sometimes I get halfway through a sentence and realise it's a terrible idea. And I'm a master at accidental innuendos.

I prefer one-on-one communication because it feels more personal, but group discussions with the right people allow for a lot of different input and can be more entertaining. I'm probably more talkative in one-on-one discussions, but that's because I've got a quiet voice and can't compete haha

13) Do you jump into action right away or do you like to know where are you jumping before leaping? Does action speaks more than words?

I'm a look-before-leaping person, taking all the potential consequences into account before dedicating to an option. And I believe that actions always betray what a person is really thinking.

14) It's Saturday. You're at home, and your favorite show is about to start. Your friends call you for a night out. What will you do?

That's pretty mood dependent, but most times I would probably end up going out with my friends. My favourite show will be there when I get back; the memories I'd be missing out on with my friends couldn't be relived.

15) How do you act when you're stressed out?

I go quiet. Really quiet, very short answers, definitely not zoned-in to the world. Probably become quite irritable and majorly withdrawn.

16) What makes you dislike the personalities of some people?

Ohhh boy. People who lack self-awareness, who lack the ability to stop and go "hey, maybe I'm playing some part in this problem." People who victimize themselves. The ones that are opinionated and close-minded (yet, aren't informed enough to have a valid opinion), are followers, are over-dramatic about things that don't matter. The list could go on.

17) Is there anything you really like talking about with other people?

A few things. I like to be in-the-know, first of all. But I also like discussing aspects of psychology, different cultures, and languages. I'm also quite fond of discussing theories about a range of topics.

18) What kind of things do pay the least attention to in your life

I pay them so little attention, I can't even think of examples! I'm terrible at remembering deadlines, that's for certain.

19) How do your friends perceive you? What is wrong about their perception? ? What would your friends never say about your personality ?

Both males and females alike have voiced a fear of pissing me off, despite the fact they've never witnessed my temper. Friends often perceive me as ruthless, proud, and will readily jump into conflict in defense of friends... as well as myself, I presume, though people normally don't target me. Maybe a little too fond of honesty. Been titled things such as a "player" or a "minx." And I've been told I'm often in the middle: a mediator, and they can see me manipulating both sides to keep them under control. Straight-forward/a little tactless. That I tend to stay one step ahead of others. Also, that I'm cocky af.

Some people perceive me as bossy, which is a little off the mark. Other people can do what they want, as long as they leave me to do what I want. Others also wrongly assume I'm judgemental, which might come hand-in-hand with the fact that I'm constantly observing and analysing.

My friends would never say I'm a pushover, and would never call me insecure.

20) You got a whole day to do whatever you like. What kind of activities do you feel like doing?

First thing is first: find other people to spend it with. Probably end up going to the beach, tramping, exploring somewhere new. Just something outdoorsy while the sun is there. If I'm still feeling the need to be with people later in the afternoon, I'll do something chill like play video games or drink with the guys. If I'm burned out, then I'll go home, listen to music, and find something like writing/drawing/watching a TV show/whatever individual activity takes my fancy.

·
Banned
3,623 Posts
Help With Ideas on My Type
I don't know who you are. I don't know what you want. If you are looking for 'thanks' clicked for the post, I can tell you I don't have any. But what I do have are a very particular set of skills - skills I have acquired over a very long time on PerC. Skills that make me a nightmare for people like you.

If you let the ISTJ go now, that'll be the end of it. I will not look for you, I will not pursue you.

But if you don't... I will look for you... I will find you... and I will type you.

Maybe a little too fond of honesty.

Straight-forward
I just posted about a pestilence going on currently that seeks to quell those exact things. So thank you for being all "I'm straightforward and blunt, bitches" lol.

Bumfuzzle said:
despite the fact they've never witnessed my temper.
William Donloe: "I can understand you're very upset"
Ethan Hunt: "You've never seen me very upset"

(1:42 - 1:47)

Bumfuzzle said:
Been titled things such as a "player"

Bumfuzzle said:
or a "minx."

"Grr baby, you're a minx! Oh behave!"

Bumfuzzle said:
That I tend to stay one step ahead of others.

Bumfuzzle said:
Both males and females alike have voiced a fear of pissing me off

Friends often perceive me as ruthless, proud, and will readily jump into conflict in defense of friends

"player"

"minx."

I tend to stay one step ahead of others.

cocky af.

My friends would never say I'm a pushover, and would never call me insecure.
Jesus f'in christ

Yanno... usually when people fill this out, they say stuff like "People perceive me to be quiet and keep to myself" or "People perceive me to be jolly and cordial", or some variation/combination of things along the spectrum between those two.

You come out here like... (kicks door down) (plops down into chair in cool, rebel way) :cooler:

"Waddup. Fuzzle's the name, most call me Bum cause they like strokin' it. How do people see me... males and females alike have voiced a fear of pissing me off. I say - smart people. They'll make it far in life. Lessee what else, ruthless, proud... you would never catch them sayin' I'm a pushover or insecure. Cause they have an affinity for living, see. They know what's good for 'em"

"Don't get it confused though, I'm a lover not a fighter... I'm a player, you know what I'm sayin'. A minx. A connoisseur of the male species, but look, when I'm done with you, I'm done with you - don't come cryin' to me talkin' about "I thought we had something special". It was one night, darlin'... not a marriage"

"Cocky af, cause I know what I want, and know that I get what I want... any questions? Pretty easy equation if you ask me. Work hard, play harder. The party don't start till I step in"​

It's funny because your picture looks like "Aww look at this adorable little kitty cat" - but in what you're saying here it's like... "Biiiiiiiiitch I'm a regal badass fiery queen, you better act like you know"

:tongues:

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
That is brilliant hahah! Lucky for me I have very vocal friends about their opinion of me. I'm not that bad, I just look like an ass when paired up with my Fe-dominant friends. I'll own it though :cool:

And that otter screams fiery regal badass, what chu talking about?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts