Personality Cafe banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
0. Is there anything that may affect the way you answer the questions? For example, a stressful time, mental illness, medications, special life circumstances? Other useful information includes sex, age, and current state of mind.
yes.
not been diagnosed, but I suspect I have social/general anxiety (social anxiety means afraid of being judged by other people. It can lead to an unhealthy amount of perfectionism, also may avoid going outside of one's comfort zone.)
I'm almost 20.
also, English isn't my first language, so I apologize for my writing mistakes >.<

1. Click on this link: Flickr: Explore! Look at the random photo for about 30 seconds. Copy and paste it here, and write about your impression of it.

Plant Sky Natural landscape Leaf Tree

uh I chose this one because I like how vibrant it is, compared to the other pictures I saw on that website. And I personally really like the color scheme, orange and yellow with the blue sky in the background, reminds me of 70s color scheme, I guess. The trees look amazing too, one is bulky, the others are slender, and they have these random branches and leaves filling up the sky. Like it's not empty, but not too crowded / distracting either. I suppose the composition is nice.
And also, I don't know if this is an original image, or they edited the colors etc to spice things up. Nonetheless, anyone who took this pic and edited it is very talented. I like the style of this photography.

2. You are with a group of people in a car, heading to a different town to see your favourite band/artist/musician. Suddenly, the car breaks down for an unknown reason in the middle of nowhere. What are your initial thoughts? What are your outward reactions?
My initial reaction would be feeling really upset.
Since I'm not an expert on automobiles, I would help my friends by searching for solutions on Google. Or read the car's manual, there would be some advice or solutions we could take.
If none of them worked (for instance, no signal, etc) I would... I don't know, perhaps we just have to walk then, or hopefully we can get a taxi, or ask anyone we meet on our walk to help us.

3. You somehow make it to the concert. The driver wants to go to the afterparty that was announced (and assure you they won't drink so they can drive back later). How do you feel about this party? What do you do?
To begin with, if at all possible, I would not attend any kind of social activity with someone I barely know, such as acquaintances or like classmates. I'd only go there with close friends, family, or anyone if I had that 'trust' in them, like feeling safe around them.
So, as long as I'm with them, I guess that is okay. I'll just tag along, even if I feel a little uneasy about the party. In some cases, like if my parents want me to be home soon or I have a very very urgent thing to do, I would just excuse myself, call an uber, and let them have fun.

4. On the drive back, your friends are talking. A friend makes a claim that clashes with your current beliefs. What is your inward reaction? What do you outwardly say?
Ask for their explanations. Then I would listen, although I would feel very critical in the inside. If they seem to be open to arguments, then I would voice my opinion. If they are already firm with their beliefs, so that's fine... At least I could learn what their beliefs are at the end of the day. Probably I will think about it later; I could be wrong too.
(I don't really like facing never-ending heated arguments. Like, let's do this in a peaceful manner, please.)

5. What would you do if you actually saw/experienced something that clashes with your previous beliefs, experiences, and habits?
I would either anxiously protest against them or I'd just half-heartedly conform, whilst thinking how am I going to cope with this situation and feeling really stressed about it.

6. What are some of your most important values? How did you come about determining them? How can they change?
Hmm I don't know if these count as values, but here they are.
  • creativity: when drawing I will always draw something different, whether it's the color slightly different, or the techniques, mood, poses. It has been like this since I was little.
  • curiosity: consider an example. I just don't like studying about [a school subject] without having to look up other references, because the school textbook could be wrong or I just want to expand my knowledge of it. Sometimes the information I get is utterly 'useless', but anyway it's fun and I like craving for something new.
  • belonging? I'm not sure about this, but even if I was given plenty of time to be by myself, I'd be grateful, but I'd also feel a bit lonely, like cold or something. I'd like to share knowledge with people, or have weird discussions about something or just share our daily experiences. Once I trust them, I would always count them as special from then on. However, I feel like this value is really hard to keep, because I am very shy and I can be really lazy in maintaining a relationship.
  • vulnerability? : I personally believe that in order to be strong we first must confront our fears, understand our weaknesses, and accept them.

7. a) What about your personality most distinguishes you from everyone else? b) If you could change one thing about you personality, what would it be? Why?
a) People telling me that I'm imaginative. I always come up with new ideas and good solutions (like when something is broken). I don't know, but I get inspiration from many people, like I learn new things from google, my parents, my friends and cool drawings from pinterest etc. I don't know if it's imaginative, in terms of making something new and original, because nothing is truly 'original'; I'm just good at gathering things and to combine them, I guess.
b) I would try to be less lazy, I guess.
I really want a natural inner motivation to get out there and enjoy socializing with people. I think people are interesting, I want to know them more. But besides of having the anxiety, I honestly don't feel any big urge to invest myself into a friendship and like any kinds of relationship.

8. How do you treat hunches or gut feelings? In what situations are they most often triggered?
I don't quite understand them :( I never think about it much anyway.
But like when choosing my career, I like both of my options so I believe that whatever I choose, it will be okay, like there are pros and cons.
Regarding to sense of danger... I don't know, I just look for the criteria of danger by observing the situation. For instance, I believe my observations more (like I see a person is doing X Y Z therefore they are acting suspicious) than I believe my hunches. I mean, my hunches are working, but they are rather weak. Hmm maybe I just need to start treating them better.

9. a) What activities energize you most? b) What activities drain you most? Why?
a) drawing! also gaming, watching movies, listening to music... It feels relaxing, feels like home. I can express myself, and see other people's cool artwork too!
b) being in a social setting where I barely know who the people are or I'm just not in the mood to hold a conversation. To me socializing just requires more energy, I have to be more aware of surroundings, faces, emotions, gestures, talking, listening all at the same time, not to mention my anxiety.

10. What do you repress about your outward behavior or internal thought process when around others? Why?
I try to not express my thoughts and ideas much. Because my ideas are weird. I only speak up if necessary and if I'm comfortable with the company or like confident enough.
I also try not to be blunt, because I'm afraid I will break their hearts and I also fear being criticized back. Hmm yeah it's true, even if I don't have anxiety, I don't want to bluntly criticize people, because there are some other gentle ways to tell them. also some people are more sensitive than others.

----
Thank you so much :]

·
Registered
588 Posts
Hello! Based on your answers I read high Ti with considerable yet subdued Ne, well developed Si and glimpses of Fe (which I notice as a pretty usual pattern in INTPs). My first specific guess based on your answers would be INTP for you. On a more general overview, I think you lead with an introverted function, either Ti-dom or Si-dom. Least likely introverted types for you: Ni-dom (INxJ) and Fi-dom (IxFP). Lastly, I would be very surprised if you lead with an extroverted function.
I hope this is helpful for you!

·
Registered
INFJ - MM BP/C(S), 825
449 Posts
1 - 3 of 3 Posts