Personality Cafe banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've always been a dreamer. I absolutely love dreaming up possibilities and basically exploring things. I feel detached but i love thinking about unrealistic and also future goals. Like on my free time I just like to love in my mind if that makes sense. However, at the same time im very hard working at school and always get good marks and will do anything I can to get what I need to do well. I never give up and i do well with pain. I also can be very nostalgic about the past and am always going over past and future situAtions. I try to always memorize and observe things and that's why I do so well is I have an excellent memory and rely on it. I also am extremely quiet and insecure and I feel shy and reserved in public. Almost detached and serious and in my thoughts. However, I can also be very kind towards others but feel more distant. Not to mention, I over think and analyze almost everything. What I do most though is explore possibilities on my mind but its almost always the Same day dreams. Over all, I think i live a lot in my mind, am very persistent towards goals school and want to do military, I get sad and nostalgic about my past and going over experienced, and im very reserved and polite in public. Please help! Thanks!

·
Registered
230 Posts
You're clearly an INxP, the Ne-Si in your post is quite apparent. I'm not sure if you are INFP or INTP, but I'm leaning just a little towards the former because you describe yourself as a "dreamer", which I feel is more an INFP thing? In case you want a breakdown of the functions, here you go:
I've always been a dreamer. I absolutely love dreaming up possibilities and basically exploring things
Ne
However, I also can be very nostalgic about the past and am always going over past and future situations. I try to always memorize and observe things and that's why I do so well is I have an excellent memory and rely on it.
Sounds like tertiary Si; tert Si tends to get nostalgic.
I also am extremely quiet and insecure and I feel shy and reserved in public. Almost detached and serious and in my thoughts. However, I can also be very kind towards others but feel more distant. Not to mention, I over think and analyze almost everything.
Quiet and reserved= introvert.
Detached, serious, and analytical but "kind to others" sounds like Ti with inferior Fe, but many INFPs also think they overanalyze everything. Which function do you relate to more? Ti or Fi?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts