Personality Cafe banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi all. I am having a difficult time typing myself, and I do not find online tests to be accurate, as my results always vary. Here is how I describe myself and have been described by other people:

I am very sensitive and emotional. I easily pick up on and even take on the moods and emotions of other people. Because of this, I have a love and compassion for all living things (humans, plants, animals).

I am very quiet and reserved in group settings, but one on one, I a very emotionally expressive and engaging communicator.

I do not like small talk, but I LOVE deep conversations with people I really connect with

I have about 3 very close friends. We are very close, but do not see each other often due to lifestyles and schedules. I also do not feel the need to actively socialize often to maintain connections. We maintain communication online and see each other in person every few weeks.

I am soft spoken, but again, can get passionate and highly engaging and bubbly when one on one and the topic interests me (eye contact, lots of questions etc.)

I don’t really go out of my way to talk to people, but I am friendly and open if spoken to first and I am comfortable with the person.

I do not like crowds or “open” spaces and get anxious around lots of people.

I have been told that I have a “calming presence” and that I am very “warm”, “calm”, “approachable”, “kind”, and “open” quite often. I have a smiley/friendly face.

In a way, I feel like it's a facade though. I have a LOT going on inside my head all the time, and I am constantly analyzing, processing and interpreting things through my own lens. I see the world in terms of possibilities, and am a "big picture person". I am VERY intuitive and feel emotions very strongly. I think I exemplify "living in your head".

I need to be alone. A lot. I do enjoy spending time with others to a degree, but I do not like superficial relationships and I need to be alone for several hours a day to contemplate reflect and recharge
On some level, I feel “different”. I connect to people well and am understanding, but I feel there is a barrier that prevents people from fully understanding me.

A lot of this points to introversion, but I am confused since I am not “reserved” (unless in a large group) and quite expressive with my emotions when I want to be. I am fairly quiet though, and don't really like social activities. Someone called me “social” today because “my face lights up” when she talks to me, and I show interest and engagement in conversation (connect well with people). But I am still a very solitary person at the core of me and only feel deep, soul bonds with a select few.

Any ideas on a type? TIA

·
Registered
24 Posts
You are probably an introvert. Being reserved doesn't equal being introverted anyway. Not all introverts are shy. You seem like an infx to me. Probably infj.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I kind of thought that too but was not sure. I was torn between infp and infj
You are probably an introvert. Being reserved doesn't equal being introverted anyway. Not all introverts are shy. You seem like an infx to me. Probably infj.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts