Personality Cafe banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have you ever felt like you're sometimes (or often) putting too much time on helping others (whether online or offline IRL), but ironically NOT so much on helping Yourself ie: sticking to your goals/dreams, doing things that you *know* you should be doing for your future, and basically taking care of yourself?

Sometimes I do feel like my days only consisting of sleep, eat, and going online responding & replying to many forums and websites helping other people (also been involved in some suicide webistes, to help give some 'enlightenments' or at least some perspectives on 'Hope' to suicidal people there),
yet alas, days suddenly just ended quickly, and when everybody in my family asked (or rather, 'interrogated') me of "what have you accomplished today?", I would often stuck in silence, couldn't say anything, and they just shook their heads. Because I'm still NOT taking care of myself and my future goals/dreams.

I wonder, if it's again due to the "P" thing? (my percentage is quite high in "P", about 85% if I'm not mistaken...ouch!)

What is the solution to fix this problem?
Would "Priority List" do the best, in this case?

·
Registered
251 Posts
I often find myself helping other people, because it is much easier for me to deal with others' problems than my own.

With my own problems, I'm too attached. I often find myself rooted by fears and anxieties. If I do this, will I lose sight of my ideals? Will I become someone I'm not, someone I don't want to be? Will people be critically scrutinizing me and think less of me if I fail while trying, or judge me as if I am grown when I am still growing? Will I make an awful mistake and cut people I love out of my life? Will I be eliminating possibilities by actually making a decision, possibilities I don't want to lose?

I don't know what to do about it either. I'm 95% P, but I don't know if perceiving is the whole cause of it. I think it's a problem with much more complex roots.

·
Registered
3,190 Posts
Have you ever felt like you're sometimes (or often) putting too much time on helping others (whether online or offline IRL), but ironically NOT so much on helping Yourself ie: sticking to your goals/dreams, doing things that you *know* you should be doing for your future, and basically taking care of yourself?

Sometimes I do feel like my days only consisting of sleep, eat, and going online responding & replying to many forums and websites helping other people (also been involved in some suicide webistes, to help give some 'enlightenments' or at least some perspectives on 'Hope' to suicidal people there),
yet alas, days suddenly just ended quickly, and when everybody in my family asked (or rather, 'interrogated') me of "what have you accomplished today?", I would often stuck in silence, couldn't say anything, and they just shook their heads. Because I'm still NOT taking care of myself and my future goals/dreams.

I wonder, if it's again due to the "P" thing? (my percentage is quite high in "P", about 85% if I'm not mistaken...ouch!)

What is the solution to fix this problem?
Would "Priority List" do the best, in this case?
In a word, yes.

I've done this IRL and on the interwebs. I won't share any of my experiences because again, this is cached by Google and probably stored by the government because of such, but yes.

Vaguely, I do anything I can if someone genuinely needs the help. I'm usually overwhelmed by feelings when things envelop as well, and act on impulse of my feelings. If a friend involved asks me why I'm doing something, I'll explain to them exactly what my philosophies are, and keep on doing what I do (being emotionally present for the person effected and hoping that others will actually be good to each other) until the problem gets resolved through the problem and the catalyst.

An example is my friend getting locked out of their house because they forgot about the time (we're all over 18, I'm actually the second youngest), and they can't stay the night at the friends' house we're staying at. So I had a car, and used it. We drove around all night, did some exploring, bonded a lot, and he was able to get back into his house before my responsibilities took me away.

At first, I wasn't sure of it. But making a spontaneous judgement and sticking with it sounds like P to me.

Reactions: niki

·
Registered
759 Posts
Sometimes in the moment I can get a little frustrated if I feel like I'm not being appreciated or the other person is asking too much of me without realizing what an inconvenience it is, but other than that no. Generally I feel that it is just a karma thing. If I help other people, I generally feel good about it and things usually go my way in life. If I'm an asshole, then things don't.

It sounds like the issue in the first post is not that you are too nice and helpful, but rather you need to manage your time better and take time for yourself too :happy:

·
Registered
752 Posts
I'd rather help others five thousand times more than helping myself.

I'm not worth taking time out of your schedule to help. As selfish as it is, I'd rather help you out so that at least one of us is feeling good.

If I'm feeling like crap, I still do my best to help others when they're feeling down or need someone to talk to and/or listen. My pain is insignificant compared to someone else's.

I don't think it's just P. I'd say Fi plays a part of it too...someone correct me if I'm wrong ._____.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts