Personality Cafe banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone. I'd like if you'd give me some councils about my MBTI type based on what I answered below:

1) What aspect of your personality made you unsure of your type?
I'm unsure mostly due to the fact I understand the functions conceptually but I don't know how to apply the definitions in what I think or do, so I wind up overthinking and doubting my type over and over again.
Hence it's a matter of how to apply my knowledge in real life.

2) What do you yearn for in life? Why?
I yearn for a calm life at a slow and steady pace or in other words keeping my routine because it's what I'm used to and is my comfort zone.

3) Think about a time where you felt like you were at your finest. Tell us what made you feel that way.
Well, it's kinda hard to put into words 'cause it's not a situation or a person but an internal sensation like when everything is alright and you're simply enjoying life for what it is without worries.

4) What makes you feel inferior?
Not being able to do what I think I should do, particularly when I'm comparing myself to other people who are more capable than me with certain abilities.

5) What tends to weigh on your decisions? (Do you think about people, pro-cons, how you feel about it, etc.)
I tend to ponder carefully my decision on what I believe is important. Usually it's a mixture of what I believe is right and what makes more sense logically and while it's my interest to reconcile these opposites I'll prioritise what's right If I have to choose because ethical decisions consider the people involved in the situation and how the decison will affect them whereas pros and cons are only a problem of upsides and downsides that cannot understand the potential of human nature, so rational decisions are more selfish.
Obviously I know what I wrote isn't always correct so take it as an impulsive answer I'd give in extreme circumstances.

6) When working on a project what is normally your emphasis? Do you like to have control of the outcome?
I focus on the process sometimes becoming too perfectionist with myself in the sense that if I think something must have done in a certain way I try to reach that standard also at cost of being disadvantaged compared to others with the same project while with other persons I'm generally more tolerant.
If the outcome has been failed that's fine as long as I gave my best otherwise I'll feel shamed for what I would have done but I didn't.

7) Describe us a time where you had a lot of fun. How is your memory of it?
Everytime my parents leave me alone at home so I can do what I like the most when I want without interruptions.
I remember basically the emotions and sensations I felt.

8) When you want to learn something new, what feels more natural for you? (Are you more prone to be hands on, to theorize, to memorize, etc).
Memorising for abstract concepts that don't require practicality is my technique, and I apply it especially at school whereas if I must learn for instance how to go biking, light a fire, doing the dishes I prefer being hands on. It depends much on what I need to learn.

9) How organized do you to think of yourself as?
Almost nothing both for efficiency and to organise people and sicerely I don't mind even though I should.

10) How do you judge new ideas? You try to understand the principles behind it to see if they make sense or do you look for information that supports it?
If I get interested in something, as MBTI, I try to understand it logically cause if I believe in something I don't need evidences that supports it since they are circumstantial and given another circumstance thay may be untrue.

11) You find harmony by making sure everyone is doing fine and belonging to a given group or by making sure that you follow what you believe and being yourself?
Helping others in practical way. I don't really understand what it means being yourself maybe cause I don't have that problem.

12) Are you the kind that thinks before speaking or do you speak before thinking? Do you prefer one-on-one communication or group discussions?
Definitely thinking before speaking, usually what I say out loud I've thought it even an instant earlier. I prefer one-on-one communication in which I'm more confident while I feel axious if I must talk to a group.

13) Do you jump into action right away or do you like to know where are you jumping before leaping? Does action speaks more than words?
I want to know what I'll do so I can make some expectations in my mind and prepare myself or if I can't know that I'll stay on the border and look at what other people do to understand how I can adapt to the situation.
Not necessarily, it depends much on the type of person I think.

14) It's Saturday. You're at home, and your favorite show is about to start. Your friends call you for a night out. What will you do?
It depends on many things, for example how much time is passed sice we met, if I can rewatch the show later, how much time we're supposed to be out, if I want to go or not, what persons are asking etc.
Generally I go by instinct with this type of decisions which are not truly important.

15) How do you act when you're stressed out?
I really don't pay the slightest attention to those who I broadly care and I start ruminating about my bad emotions such as sadness and anger about bad things that happens in the world, in my past, in my family and so on. I get pessimistic about humanity and how the world is a tough place where people have only selfish interests in doing harm to the next.
In these times I really lose faith in everything given that nothing I will do is going to change these things and I begin feeling like a stranger because I wonder why can't I be like everyone else and doing carelessness bad things.

16) What makes you dislike the personalities of some people?
The fact that they don't have the courage to say what they must in front of the person, the talking behind substantially.
People who don't understand other's perspective giving black and white judgements.

17) Is there anything you really like talking about with other people?
Usually I talk about practical problems, things to do and experiences but probably I'll also like talking about MBTI if someone close to me knows it.

18) What kind of things do pay the least attention to in your life
Future and organising the external world to accomplish a task.
I think rarely about the future and it's either because I want desperately something material or just for fun, in fact I don't have any big plan for it
I don't care about organisation and I don't want to be a leader, so I often work with inspiration as my main motivation with no real plan.
So give me a project to complete and I will REALLY take my time to do it, thus don't have too much deadlines or rigid schedules.
I don't mean I do things last minute but I work following my own agenda, like it or not.

19) How do your friends perceive you? What is wrong about their perception? ? What would your friends never say about your personality ?
They say I'm a quiet person, almost shy.
Someone said I can be also asocial and that's true for large groups like my school class because I don't care being popular or whatever: If I like you, I will try to know you better and if you like me, you're free to get to know me but if nothing happens I'm fine with it and I will treat you differently than my friends.
I can appear cold and rational outside because I don't show easily my emotions and feelings thus that's how people often see me but they don't know I show my feelings inside me or if I am very upset.

20) You got a whole day to do whatever you like. What kind of activities do you feel like doing?
Reading books, go out with my friends, playing games, doing some outdoor activities and this type of things.

Thanks a lot for your time and tell me if you want the reasoning behind your conclusions.

·
Registered
INTJ
306 Posts
2) What do you yearn for in life? Why?
I yearn for a calm life at a slow and steady pace or in other words keeping my routine because it's what I'm used to and is my comfort zone.
Could be Si. Could be autism. Could be both.

3) Think about a time where you felt like you were at your finest. Tell us what made you feel that way.
Well, it's kinda hard to put into words 'cause it's not a situation or a person but an internal sensation like when everything is alright and you're simply enjoying life for what it is without worries.
This also sounds like Si to me. Could also be Te or just J in general.

4) What makes you feel inferior?
Not being able to do what I think I should do, particularly when I'm comparing myself to other people who are more capable than me with certain abilities.
I think this is a T thing but I'm not sure.

5) What tends to weigh on your decisions? (Do you think about people, pro-cons, how you feel about it, etc.)
I tend to ponder carefully my decision on what I believe is important. Usually it's a mixture of what I believe is right and what makes more sense logically and while it's my interest to reconcile these opposites I'll prioritise what's right If I have to choose because ethical decisions consider the people involved in the situation and how the decison will affect them whereas pros and cons are only a problem of upsides and downsides that cannot understand the potential of human nature, so rational decisions are more selfish.
Obviously I know what I wrote isn't always correct so take it as an impulsive answer I'd give in extreme circumstances.
Sounds like you are describing Fi in that you have to believe in it yourself and Te in that it actually has to make real world sense.

6) When working on a project what is normally your emphasis? Do you like to have control of the outcome?
I focus on the process sometimes becoming too perfectionist with myself in the sense that if I think something must have done in a certain way I try to reach that standard also at cost of being disadvantaged compared to others with the same project while with other persons I'm generally more tolerant.
If the outcome has been failed that's fine as long as I gave my best otherwise I'll feel shamed for what I would have done but I didn't.
Te

7) Describe us a time where you had a lot of fun. How is your memory of it?
Everytime my parents leave me alone at home so I can do what I like the most when I want without interruptions.
I remember basically the emotions and sensations I felt.
I and probably S

8) When you want to learn something new, what feels more natural for you? (Are you more prone to be hands on, to theorize, to memorize, etc).
Memorising for abstract concepts that don't require practicality is my technique, and I apply it especially at school whereas if I must learn for instance how to go biking, light a fire, doing the dishes I prefer being hands on. It depends much on what I need to learn.
S

9) How organized do you to think of yourself as?
Almost nothing both for efficiency and to organise people and sicerely I don't mind even though I should.
P

10) How do you judge new ideas? You try to understand the principles behind it to see if they make sense or do you look for information that supports it?
If I get interested in something, as MBTI, I try to understand it logically cause if I believe in something I don't need evidences that supports it since they are circumstantial and given another circumstance thay may be untrue.
T

11) You find harmony by making sure everyone is doing fine and belonging to a given group or by making sure that you follow what you believe and being yourself?
Helping others in practical way. I don't really understand what it means being yourself maybe cause I don't have that problem.
T and I think you are Te-Fi

12) Are you the kind that thinks before speaking or do you speak before thinking? Do you prefer one-on-one communication or group discussions?
Definitely thinking before speaking, usually what I say out loud I've thought it even an instant earlier. I prefer one-on-one communication in which I'm more confident while I feel axious if I must talk to a group.
I

13) Do you jump into action right away or do you like to know where are you jumping before leaping? Does action speaks more than words?
I want to know what I'll do so I can make some expectations in my mind and prepare myself or if I can't know that I'll stay on the border and look at what other people do to understand how I can adapt to the situation.
Not necessarily, it depends much on the type of person I think.
T but sounds Ti in this context.

14) It's Saturday. You're at home, and your favorite show is about to start. Your friends call you for a night out. What will you do?
It depends on many things, for example how much time is passed sice we met, if I can rewatch the show later, how much time we're supposed to be out, if I want to go or not, what persons are asking etc.
Generally I go by instinct with this type of decisions which are not truly important.
T though I think Te is probably more likely for you. There is obviously overlap in Te and Ti but more often than not you seem like Te.

15) How do you act when you're stressed out?
I really don't pay the slightest attention to those who I broadly care and I start ruminating about my bad emotions such as sadness and anger about bad things that happens in the world, in my past, in my family and so on. I get pessimistic about humanity and how the world is a tough place where people have only selfish interests in doing harm to the next.
In these times I really lose faith in everything given that nothing I will do is going to change these things and I begin feeling like a stranger because I wonder why can't I be like everyone else and doing carelessness bad things.
I never put much faith in the stress response questions but it sounds like an ISTJ sort of issue of Si-Fi or just negative Si. In the case of ISTP maybe it's like an Fe grip or something. I mean take it with a grain of salt though.

16) What makes you dislike the personalities of some people?
The fact that they don't have the courage to say what they must in front of the person, the talking behind substantially.So
People who don't understand other's perspective giving black and white judgements.
Weird turn around here. I've been guessing you were Te and here you say you hate black and white judgments.

17) Is there anything you really like talking about with other people?
Usually I talk about practical problems, things to do and experiences but probably I'll also like talking about MBTI if someone close to me knows it.
S but can also be other things.

18) What kind of things do pay the least attention to in your life
Future and organising the external world to accomplish a task.
I think rarely about the future and it's either because I want desperately something material or just for fun, in fact I don't have any big plan for it
I don't care about organisation and I don't want to be a leader, so I often work with inspiration as my main motivation with no real plan.
So give me a project to complete and I will REALLY take my time to do it, thus don't have too much deadlines or rigid schedules.
I don't mean I do things last minute but I work following my own agenda, like it or not.
This is all over confusing because I feel like you have answered so far as ISTJ or ISTP and I want to say ISTJ, but here you say you are averse to organization which would mean you are probably a P and really unlikely to be an ISTJ. But then you talk about the future as if you never want to think about it and how you like new ideas and that kind of sounds like an Ne type of person. You have been so concrete up to this point I'm not sure how you would be INTP.

19) How do your friends perceive you? What is wrong about their perception? ? What would your friends never say about your personality ?
They say I'm a quiet person, almost shy.
Someone said I can be also asocial and that's true for large groups like my school class because I don't care being popular or whatever: If I like you, I will try to know you better and if you like me, you're free to get to know me but if nothing happens I'm fine with it and I will treat you differently than my friends.
I can appear cold and rational outside because I don't show easily my emotions and feelings thus that's how people often see me but they don't know I show my feelings inside me or if I am very upset.
I and T

20) You got a whole day to do whatever you like. What kind of activities do you feel like doing?
Reading books, go out with my friends, playing games, doing some outdoor activities and this type of things.

Thanks a lot for your time and tell me if you want the reasoning behind your conclusions.
Broad range.

The most consistent think you showed was I and T. I think most answers you came across as either one of those or both. What was difficult was finding out which T. In some cases you say you hate certain qualities of Te and in others you sound like you are reading out the description of Te and Fi, so that was confusing. The other thing was perception seemed to be Ne and you come across as a P, but you were fairly pragmatic or concrete in your answers for most of everything else. So the possibilities would be

ISTJ but somehow don't care about organization which is generally the stereotype for them.
INTJ but you hate future planning.
ISTP but you seemed more Ne.
INTP but you seemed very concrete.

That to me sounded like peak Si.

Then you said that.

That was probably the most confusing thing.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Could be Si. Could be autism. Could be both.

This also sounds like Si to me. Could also be Te or just J in general.

I think this is a T thing but I'm not sure.

Sounds like you are describing Fi in that you have to believe in it yourself and Te in that it actually has to make real world sense.

Te

I and probably S

S

P

T

T and I think you are Te-Fi

I

T but sounds Ti in this context.

T though I think Te is probably more likely for you. There is obviously overlap in Te and Ti but more often than not you seem like Te.

I never put much faith in the stress response questions but it sounds like an ISTJ sort of issue of Si-Fi or just negative Si. In the case of ISTP maybe it's like an Fe grip or something. I mean take it with a grain of salt though.

Weird turn around here. I've been guessing you were Te and here you say you hate black and white judgments.

S but can also be other things.

This is all over confusing because I feel like you have answered so far as ISTJ or ISTP and I want to say ISTJ, but here you say you are averse to organization which would mean you are probably a P and really unlikely to be an ISTJ. But then you talk about the future as if you never want to think about it and how you like new ideas and that kind of sounds like an Ne type of person. You have been so concrete up to this point I'm not sure how you would be INTP.

I and T

Broad range.

The most consistent think you showed was I and T. I think most answers you came across as either one of those or both. What was difficult was finding out which T. In some cases you say you hate certain qualities of Te and in others you sound like you are reading out the description of Te and Fi, so that was confusing. The other thing was perception seemed to be Ne and you come across as a P, but you were fairly pragmatic or concrete in your answers for most of everything else. So the possibilities would be

ISTJ but somehow don't care about organization which is generally the stereotype for them.
INTJ but you hate future planning.
ISTP but you seemed more Ne.
INTP but you seemed very concrete.

That to me sounded like peak Si.

Then you said that.

That was probably the most confusing thing.
Thanks for your reply.
The confusion may be caused also from my age, I'm 20, so functions development may cause my hate toward some Te traits especially because in an ISTJ Te and Fi are in the middle of the stack hence "in contact".
Maybe what I wrote was also mixed with enneagram too if you know it.(I'm a 9w1)
It's true I don't care about organisation but only in my free time which would be my comfort zone and what I'm used to (second answer), but when I work on something I need inspiration to keep going and if I have it, I can be the most Te person in the area: methodical, in time, very in tune with the facts I need to abide by to reach my goal such as deadlines, studying hours etc.
But if I lose interest in the work, I procrastinate a lot and start doing my hobbies when I want, like I want, and there's no fact that would change my mind in order to bring me back to work.

I don't have almost no evidence for Fe.
Like I said I'm not used to lead people to a common goal. The only thing that makes me doubting is I often make sure others don't feel pressured from me in doing things they don't want to, as a result I often ask their opinion.
Though to me this is Fi because I'm self-referencing saying what is wrong for me.

I don't think I am an INTJ because as I said I don't ruminate much about long-term consequences (5, 10 years) due to the fact that everything could happen in the meantime so I must be prepared and being flexible enough to change if necessary.
Then I don't have the kind of Se inferior related issues: I don't start having bad experiences in the real world to regret them later, instead in my case outbursts of emotions will be the problem.
In fact if I am usually calm and don't show emotions easily but when I'm really stressed I get very whiny, angry and even violent and this happens especially when I perceive people are too harsh toward me.

For ISTP I'm more confused but I don't think I use Ti since judging things logically to understand their components isn't my jam. For me it makes sense or not, an automatic response without the reasoning behind that I image an IxTP would do.
I don't think I use neither Se aux. since I'm not always looking for new sensory activities and I can tell you so cause my hobbies, which are in the sensory realm (excluded MBTI) are activities I can do at home and they've been broadly the same for a couple of years.
I can relate to Ni tert. because as I told you I don't have plans for the future and I'm not so attracted to interpret sensory things as symbols though sometimes I did it.
I can understand Fe inferior problems only due to what I wrote before about having these outbursts of emotions caused by people and cause I don't show my emotions easily.

Then I don't know why you think I use Ne given that it seems to me that I didn't answer the questions doing brainstorming and talking about random ideas about the future while making connections among them.
I know well Ne because I can see it almost everyday in my mother, an ESFJ, who is far more competent and able to have fun while using it than me although she's a Ne tertiary.
For the same reason I don't think I am an INTP.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts