Personality Cafe banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it just me, or are Henrik Ibsen's plays full of unhealthy NFs destroying themselves?

So far I've read:
Hedda Gabler
An Enemy of the People
Pillars of Society
Rosmersholm
The League of Youth
The Wild Duck
Little Eyolf
Ghosts
A Doll's House

And they all seem to be inhabited to some extent by those terribly idealistic and sensitive characters who can't live in the real world and either end up destroying themselves and/or other people. And are also really, really hard to get along with because of their obsession with values. But that could just be my personal view of things.

So. My first point of interest: Hedda Gabler. A possible INTJ? I'm too lazy to back it up with evidence right now; it's just a strong feeling.

Rosmersholm
Rosmer - INFx
Rebecca- ?
Kroll- ESTJ
Beata- ISFP

Just some random shots in the dark, as Ibsen's characters prove surprisingly hard to pin down.

And would anyone like to type the playwright himself for me? I don't know nearly enough about his personal life, but I find myself really interested since I've connected more with his work than with the work of other dramatists.

·
Registered
826 Posts
hmm..you really think people in here are that culturally intellectual? but i agree that many characters have nf issues

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Awwwww, well, it's always worth a try, isn't it? :crazy:

I just had to ask after the third mad NF offed himself...It was starting to creep me out.

·
Registered
836 Posts
ive heard of the playwright but havent read his plays.

i hope someone has and answers your questions though! seems like a small net to cast. good luck!

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
Nora: ENFJ

1 - 6 of 6 Posts