Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
ISFJ 6w7 sp/so
27,953 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I understand that this thread will be seen by a lot of people. However, unless I change my mind, there's only two people with which I would like to talk. They are mentioned below this introductory paragraph. This thread is about my MBTI. Apparently, I'm running out of ideas for thread titles. I've made so many of these. I'm mostly making this one now for the two people who would like to discuss it with me. I know they share zero functions, but I'm between ESFP and ESFJ. Before I received a message about this subject, I was certain about ESFP. However, when it's mentioned, it makes me look back on the details and experiences that I recall about myself. After all, that's the best information I have with which to type myself, or at least try. As of yesterday, I think ESFJ is more likely than ESFP. It's not the first time I've thought that, only the first time in a while. In this case, a while is about a week or two.

@Historical
@Temizzle

·
Registered
ISFJ 6w7 sp/so
27,953 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There's only one way I could explain it, at least at this time.

https://thoughtcatalog.com/heidi-priebe/2015/06/if-youre-confused-about-your-myers-briggs-personality-type-read-this-an-intro-to-cognitive-functions/
^ I relate strongly with the descriptions of Introverted Sensing and Extroverted Feeling. I only listed them in that order, because that's the order in which they are given on that site. I do relate with the descriptions of Extroverted Sensing or Introverted Feeling, but not as much as the other two.

https://thoughtcatalog.com/heidi-priebe/2017/02/how-to-recognize-each-myers-briggs-personality-type-based-on-their-inferior-function/
^ I relate with inferior Ti more than inferior Ne or inferior Ni.

https://thoughtcatalog.com/vincent-lam/2017/03/read-this-if-you-cant-figure-out-your-mbti/
^ I relate with Fe, Si, Ne, and Ti - yes in that exact order. I don't relate with Fi, Se, or Ni. I relate with one small part about Te - "tendency to think they are always right, arrogant" - but that's if I have an opinion at all.

I know, I'm just presenting some websites and saying what I think describes me. Still, I'm trying to explain.

·
Banned
2,381 Posts
Ok well sounds solid for ESFJ then. Any reservations? Seems like you’ve got a solid grasp if you see yourself in those.
For what it’s worth I get more esfj than esfp vibes from you as wellZ also definitely think 6w5 is a better match for you.

·
Registered
ISFJ 6w7 sp/so
27,953 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok well sounds solid for ESFJ then. Any reservations? Seems like you’ve got a solid grasp if you see yourself in those.
For what it’s worth I get more esfj than esfp vibes from you as wellZ also definitely think 6w5 is a better match for you.
I believe the problem was what I would like to be. Being dominant Se, with enneagram 8, it would be such a thrilling adventure. Apparently, I'm too cautious for that to happen.

·
Registered
ISFJ 6w7 sp/so
27,953 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That didn't take much time at all.

·
Emperor
8,769 Posts
I've generally believed that you're an ESFP, and my conflicts with you seem much moreso a conflict of Fi-Te than Fe-Te.

There's not much more that I can add that I've already said.

Try on the ESFJ "cap" for a while and see what you think.

·
Registered
ISFJ 6w7 sp/so
27,953 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I've generally believed that you're an ESFP, and my conflicts with you seem much moreso a conflict of Fi-Te than Fe-Te.There's not much more that I can add that I've already said.Try on the ESFJ "cap" for a while and see what you think.
Perhaps what you perceive to be Fi-Te is Si-Ni or Fe-Fi or Ti-Te, just to name the obvious possible mistakes.

·
Emperor
8,769 Posts
Forgive the Te, but the conflict between us that I saw was more of a:

Te: I think you are not taking the evidence into account.
Fi: You are attacking all that I've done and being hypocritical!

Te, Ti might be more like:
Ti: So what are your definitions of the functions? How did you come to the conclusion? How are you sure that I am an ESFP and not an ESFJ?

·
Plague Doctor
INTJ, 5w4, Ni-T type
6,039 Posts
Forgive the Te, but the conflict between us that I saw was more of a:

Fi: You are attacking all that I've done and being hypocritical!

Te, Ti might be more like:
Ti: So what are your definitions of the functions? How did you come to the conclusion? How are you sure that I am an ESFP and not an ESFJ?
I liked your post and didn't want anyone to think I wasn't taking the OP's request seriously - I liked it because I think the example of a Ti/Te clash is a great one. : )

Reactions: Super Luigi

·
Banned
2,381 Posts
I think you're an ESFJ. You don't give off an ESFP vibe at all. The fact you poll people on your type is very Fe.
In fact, the way you're calling me out to ask for my input seems Fe to me as well. ESFP just does not fit for you.

·
Registered
ISFJ 6w7 sp/so
27,953 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Forgive the Te, but the conflict between us that I saw was more of a:Te: I think you are not taking the evidence into account.Fi: You are attacking all that I've done and being hypocritical!Te, Ti might be more like:Te: I think you are not taking the evidence into account.Ti: So what are your definitions of the functions? How did you come to the conclusion? How are you sure that I am an ESFP and not an ESFJ?
I have interacted with every single MBTI type, both in person and online. The only MBTI types that ever asked me for my personal definition of anything were INTJs, one INFP, and INTPs. That means that SFJs, STPs, and NFJs, never did ask me for my definition of anything, and they use Ti. I really don't think there's necessarily any correlation between a personal definition and Ti. My experience suggests that's more indicative of Fi, because two out of the three use Fi instead of Ti @Temizzle I wish you and @Historical would talk about this together. So far he says ESFP and you say ESFJ. It's really frustrating that both of you don't agree, which results in me not being sure what's true, because all I have to evaluate it, is either of you.

·
Emperor
8,769 Posts
You shouldn't be hinging on someone's perception of you. I fell into that hole for a little bit.

You're also hinging on the first third of my example.

Read on Jung's definition of the functions abridged and spend some time on the other types' forums.

·
Registered
ISFJ 6w7 sp/so
27,953 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
You shouldn't be hinging on someone's perception of you. I fell into that hole for a little bit.Read on Jung's definition of the functions abridged and spend some time on the other types' forums.
I'm not, you never asked for my opinion, or I would have told you. Temizzle has asked, which is why I told him. I just want to see the two of you talk about this with each other. I think FeSi describes me better than SeFi. Besides, where would I find Jung's descriptions of the functions? I already searched Google, but the results were bad.

·
Emperor
8,769 Posts
You shouldn't be hinging on someone's perception of you. I fell into that hole for a little bit.Read on Jung's definition of the functions abridged and spend some time on the other types' forums.
I'm not, you never asked for my opinion, or I would have told you. Temizzle has asked, which is why I told him. I just want to see the two of you talk about this with each other. I think FeSi describes me better than SeFi. Besides, where would I find Jung's descriptions of the functions? I already searched Google, but the results were bad.
https://otterdot.tumblr.com/tagged/jung

Unless he wants to examine where we had conflict, there isn't much to discuss.

Keep in mind you don't want to try to act like the type you think you are in the moment. Do what feels natural and see what you think after a while.

·
Registered
ISFJ 6w7 sp/so
27,953 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
https://otterdot.tumblr.com/tagged/jungUnless he wants to examine where we had conflict, there isn't much to discuss.Keep in mind you don't want to try to act like the type you think you are in the moment. Do what feels natural and see what you think after a while.
I don't even know what feels natural. I looked at the function descriptions, but I don't know which of them applies.

1 - 20 of 71 Posts