Personality Cafe banner
1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
3,767 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
It's been quite a bit of time and after having researched MBTI, Enneagram and Socionics thoroughly, I came to the conclusion that I still have no friggin idea what my type is. :crazy:

Without further ado, let's get started.

0. Is there anything that may affect the way you answer the questions? For example, a stressful time, mental illness, medications, special life circumstances? Other useful information includes sex, age, and current state of mind.

I have social anxiety and can relate to many symptoms of a lot of disorders. So yeah. ^^
I am working towards my entry exam into college so I'm pretty stressed, but that's pretty much my natural mode of functioning (there is always something that has to be done, isn't there *sigh*)

1. Click on this link: Flickr: Explore! Look at the random photo for about 30 seconds. Copy and paste it here, and write about your impression of it.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/saffron_blaze/17275112426/in/explore-2015-04-28
A stunning picture. The trees look beautiful and the water looks clear. I wouldn't mind walking there, just as long as there aren't many bugs :mellow: (which there most likely aren't considering it is taking in Autumn)

2. You are with a group of people in a car, heading to a different town to see your favourite band/artist/musician. Suddenly, the car breaks down for an unknown reason in the middle of nowhere. What are your initial thoughts? What are your outward reactions?

"Oh for fucks sake! Can't anything ever go right?!"
If the people are strangers to me I'll only think it, but if they are friends.. My mouth is going to be running for a fair amount of time. :p

3. You somehow make it to the concert. The driver wants to go to the afterparty that was announced (and assure you they won't drink so they can drive back later). How do you feel about this party? What do you do?

They can assure me of all kinds of things, that doesn't mean they will keep their promises. I will be annoyed considering I don't like parties. Now I will have to hang around a place I don't want to be just waiting for that stupid driver. I can't really do much about it, so I'll just bite my tongue and go with them (probably staying outside for more of the duration of the party)

4. On the drive back, your friends are talking. A friend makes a claim that clashes with your current beliefs. What is your inward reaction? What do you outwardly say?

If it is just a matter of opinion, like "I like this band better than your favourite band", then I don't care about it. Everyone has their own opinion and it's not my place to go against that. If it is a different thing, like "A parent should decide their child's faith", then I will go against it because I believe you should never force a child into anything without their own consent. With friends I'm extremely opinionated, so I will definitely speak up about it (if I care enough, that is).

5. What would you do if you actually saw/experienced something that clashes with your previous beliefs, experiences, and habits?

Like a parent being unreasonable with their child (blaming him/her while the parent is at fault)? I would be tempted to go say something about it, but my Enneagram 6-ness would vote against it saying that the potential problems that arise from such an act are not worth it. The parents won't change their ways simply because I pointed something out.

6. What are some of your most important values? How did you come about determining them? How can they change?

Freedom of choice for everyone. Don't ever force your opinions and ways of doing things upon another. Let them decide for themselves. Experience is a far better way to learn than through being told what is right and wrong to do.
I will never change these values unless I see them having a deeply negative effect.

7. a) What about your personality most distinguishes you from everyone else? b) If you could change one thing about you personality, what would it be? Why?

I'm deeply private around people I'm not fully comfortable with (I'm only comfortable with like 5 people). I'm also deeply distrusting of others, assuming their intentions will be out of selfinterest. I've been betrayed and used quite a few times in my life, so I guess this could be an act of selfdefense against the outsideworld.

8. How do you treat hunches or gut feelings? In what situations are they most often triggered?

When I'm observing interactions I can often deduce how they will end. When someone starts speaking to me, I instantly ask myself "What could this person want?", this question usually gets answered when you screen through all the fluff and cut right to the core of what they are saying.

9. a) What activities energize you most? b) What activities drain you most? Why?

Energize:
Good music
Playing games with friends
Finally completing the 'thing' I have been working on for a long time (be it a program I've written or a city I've built in a game)

Drains:
Being surrounded by people (this most likely comes from my paranoia that everyone could harm me, so I'm vigilant at all time)
Really loud music/people
Having to think really hard (Physics used to give me constant mental fatigue)

10. What do you repress about your outward behavior or internal thought process when around others? Why?

Because I'm weary of everyone, I repress all my true feelings about things. I'm also afraid I appear weak which would get me targeted, so I keep up a front that makes me look tougher than I actually am. Putting on this 'mask' is extremely exhausting, so I'm happy when I get home where I can act normal again. (except from around my father, I still appear 'productive' around him so he won't get fed up with me. (he has a short temper and deeply values people who work all the time, so I try to appear like that when he is around))

EDIT: I'm not sure who all the 'professional' typers are, but just to be safe, let's add a couple of people. @emberfly @alittlebear @Retsu @Living dead @Gray Romantic @Oswin @Blue Soul @angelcat

·
Registered
ILI
5,652 Posts
All I get from this is Fi.

Edit:

#8 makes me think Te and possibly Ni.

Reactions: Ninjaws

·
Queen of Hearts
17,939 Posts
I suspect SP (ISFP or maybe a socially introverted ESTP, or . . . any of the SPs I'm thinking at this point), there seem to be a lot of Se references and your style is very direct and to the point.

Freedom of choice for everyone. Don't ever force your opinions and ways of doing things upon another. Let them decide for themselves. Experience is a far better way to learn than through being told what is right and wrong to do.
I will never change these values unless I see them having a deeply negative effect.
How did you develop this value? Have you always had it, or was it prompted by experience? Have you worked it out philosophically; could you write a thesis defending it, or is it more instinctive and self-evident? How do you react if it is challenged? Let's say you move to an alien planet that has very strict expectations for behavior, but different from any standards of behavior on Earth? What would your reaction be?

·
Registered
IEE
6,559 Posts
ISFP. Mostly Fi. No Ne-Si. Picture description SP.

·
Registered
2,345 Posts
Most like ISFP. Possibly INTJ,. Not extroverted and definitely not Ne/Si or Fe/Ti.

·
Registered
7,779 Posts
Isfp.

·
Registered
INTJ 5w4 Sx/Sp
2,387 Posts
1. Click on this link: Flickr: Explore! Look at the random photo for about 30 seconds. Copy and paste it here, and write about your impression of it.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/saffron_blaze/17275112426/in/explore-2015-04-28
A stunning picture. The trees look beautiful and the water looks clear. I wouldn't mind walking there, just as long as there aren't many bugs :mellow: (which there most likely aren't considering it is taking in Autumn)
Si. Subjective descriptions, even your assesment on the availability of bugs draws from your own subjective memories.

2. You are with a group of people in a car, heading to a different town to see your favourite band/artist/musician. Suddenly, the car breaks down for an unknown reason in the middle of nowhere. What are your initial thoughts? What are your outward reactions?

"Oh for fucks sake! Can't anything ever go right?!"
If the people are strangers to me I'll only think it, but if they are friends.. My mouth is going to be running for a fair amount of time. :p

3. You somehow make it to the concert. The driver wants to go to the afterparty that was announced (and assure you they won't drink so they can drive back later). How do you feel about this party? What do you do?

They can assure me of all kinds of things, that doesn't mean they will keep their promises. I will be annoyed considering I don't like parties. Now I will have to hang around a place I don't want to be just waiting for that stupid driver. I can't really do much about it, so I'll just bite my tongue and go with them (probably staying outside for more of the duration of the party)
Introversion. Fi.

4. On the drive back, your friends are talking. A friend makes a claim that clashes with your current beliefs. What is your inward reaction? What do you outwardly say?

If it is just a matter of opinion, like "I like this band better than your favourite band", then I don't care about it. Everyone has their own opinion and it's not my place to go against that. If it is a different thing, like "A parent should decide their child's faith", then I will go against it because I believe you should never force a child into anything without their own consent. With friends I'm extremely opinionated, so I will definitely speak up about it (if I care enough, that is).

5. What would you do if you actually saw/experienced something that clashes with your previous beliefs, experiences, and habits?

Like a parent being unreasonable with their child (blaming him/her while the parent is at fault)? I would be tempted to go say something about it, but my Enneagram 6-ness would vote against it saying that the potential problems that arise from such an act are not worth it. The parents won't change their ways simply because I pointed something out.

6. What are some of your most important values? How did you come about determining them? How can they change?

Te. Fi.

7. a) What about your personality most distinguishes you from everyone else? b) If you could change one thing about you personality, what would it be? Why?

I'm deeply private around people I'm not fully comfortable with (I'm only comfortable with like 5 people). I'm also deeply distrusting of others, assuming their intentions will be out of selfinterest. I've been betrayed and used quite a few times in my life, so I guess this could be an act of selfdefense against the outsideworld.
Introversion.

8. How do you treat hunches or gut feelings? In what situations are they most often triggered?

When I'm observing interactions I can often deduce how they will end. When someone starts speaking to me, I instantly ask myself "What could this person want?", this question usually gets answered when you screen through all the fluff and cut right to the core of what they are saying.
Possibly Si/Ne sizing up people. Te.

9. a) What activities energize you most? b) What activities drain you most? Why?

Energize:
Good music
Playing games with friends
Finally completing the 'thing' I have been working on for a long time (be it a program I've written or a city I've built in a game)

Drains:
Being surrounded by people (this most likely comes from my paranoia that everyone could harm me, so I'm vigilant at all time)
Really loud music/people
Having to think really hard (Physics used to give me constant mental fatigue)

10. What do you repress about your outward behavior or internal thought process when around others? Why?

Because I'm weary of everyone, I repress all my true feelings about things. I'm also afraid I appear weak which would get me targeted, so I keep up a front that makes me look tougher than I actually am. Putting on this 'mask' is extremely exhausting, so I'm happy when I get home where I can act normal again. (except from around my father, I still appear 'productive' around him so he won't get fed up with me. (he has a short temper and deeply values people who work all the time, so I try to appear like that when he is around))
Introversion. Fi.

Don't really have enough to go on to be completely sure, but from this so far I'm going to say ISTJ (Si-Te-Fi-Ne).

·
Registered
IEE
6,559 Posts
*gasp* You saw Si-Ne there. I didn't read that picture description like that but I see your point. Bugs are really out of left field thing to think about that picture.

·
Registered
3,767 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
I suspect SP (ISFP or maybe a socially introverted ESTP, or . . . any of the SPs I'm thinking at this point), there seem to be a lot of Se references and your style is very direct and to the point.

How did you develop this value? Have you always had it, or was it prompted by experience? Have you worked it out philosophically; could you write a thesis defending it, or is it more instinctive and self-evident? How do you react if it is challenged? Let's say you move to an alien planet that has very strict expectations for behavior, but different from any standards of behavior on Earth? What would your reaction be?
I'm not really sure how this came to be, but I think it has to do with how my parents brought me up. They let me figure things out for myself instead of telling me what should be. When I see someone being told what he/she should do, I think "They won't learn anything if you just tell them, make them understand through experience".

For instance, the famous argument some parents use "Because I say so". This is extremely useless, as the child will never learn WHY. I'm extremely thankful for the fact that my mother answered all my why-questions with serious answers.

I have written a paper in the past on something else I felt strongly about, the extreme amounts of sugar in food. I made it so complete that no one had anything to argue against it, except for that my writing style wasn't too nice. :p

If someone were to challenge my point of view in say a debate, I don't really mind as it won't change anything.
However, if I was forced into a role, I would be extremely exhausted every day. Like how I put on a mask when there are a lot of people around me now, I'd have to put on a mask all the time in such a world.

I'd probably adapt to their way of life. I know that making a fuss is not going to help me in any way, so it is best just to play along. It depends though. If it's only the behaviour thing but I'm happy apart from that, then I can live with it. If I don't see any bright point of living there, I would first try to move off of that planet. If that doesn't work I might just end it all.

·
Registered
3,902 Posts
I'm not really sure how this came to be, but I think it has to do with how my parents brought me up. They let me figure things out for myself instead of telling me what should be. When I see someone being told what he/she should do, I think "They won't learn anything if you just tell them, make them understand through experience".

For instance, the famous argument some parents use "Because I say so". This is extremely useless, as the child will never learn WHY. I'm extremely thankful for the fact that my mother answered all my why-questions with serious answers.

I have written a paper in the past on something else I felt strongly about, the extreme amounts of sugar in food. I made it so complete that no one had anything to argue against it, except for that my writing style wasn't too nice. :p

If someone were to challenge my point of view in say a debate, I don't really mind as it won't change anything.
However, if I was forced me into a role, I would be extremely exhausted every day. Like how I put on a mask when there are a lot of people around me now, I'd have to put on a mask all the time in such a world.

I'd probably adapt to their way of life. I know that making a fuss is not going to help me in any way, so it is best just to play along. It depends though. If it's only the behaviour thing but I'm happy apart from that, then I can live with it. If I don't see any bright point of living there, I would first try to move off of that planet. If that doesn't work I might just end it all.
I think you're ISTJ. I'll explain why later on at about nine GMT, but I'm at work and my phone KEYBOARD KEEPS CRASHING

·
Registered
3,767 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks for all the help. ^^

So, to sum it up:

-Definitely an Fi user.
-Between ISTJ and ISFP

Does anyone have some questions that can separate these two?

·
Registered
3,767 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
*gasp* You saw Si-Ne there. I didn't read that picture description like that but I see your point. Bugs are really out of left field thing to think about that picture.
Well, we live next to a forest and I walk there daily with the dog. There are bugs everywhere and I friggin' hate bugs. That forest made me think "But perhaps there are bugs there as well?".

I hate how I'm always ruining good moments for myself. Like when I see a picture of a beautiful ocean I think "Would there be sharks here? Is it dangerous to swim in these waters?".

·
Registered
3,902 Posts
Well, we live next to a forest and I walk there daily with the dog. There are bugs everywhere and I friggin' hate bugs. That forest made me think "But perhaps there are bugs there as well?".

I hate how I'm always ruining good moments for myself. Like when I see a picture of a beautiful ocean I think "Would there be sharks here? Is it dangerous to swim in these waters?".
Sounds pretty inferior Ne
First part is Si then Ne connecting the dots @Ninjaws, I don't see much Se at all.

·
Registered
7,779 Posts
Thanks for all the help. ^^

So, to sum it up:

-Definitely an Fi user.
-Between ISTJ and ISFP

Does anyone have some questions that can separate these two?
- Would you be stressed out by having many different options?
- Do you mostly stick to a routine? How do you feel about routines?
- How do you behave when there is no one around? what do you do? what do you think?
- you mentioned having to "appear productive". can you elaborate? does being productive tire you?
- how interested are you in details?
- what about doing detailed work?

·
Registered
3,767 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
- How do you behave when there is no one around? what do you do? what do you think?
- you mentioned having to "appear productive". can you elaborate? does being productive tire you?

Not really. I have a nasty habit of postponing my decisions to give my extra time to think them over. In for instance video games I really enjoy open world games because they allow me to do whatever I want. 'Corridor-shooters' bore me because you're constantly being pushed in a single direction.

On the other hand, if I have no choice but to act quickly, having multiple options destroys me because I get stuck in analysis paralysis. Say someone insults me. I now have to think of a reply. I go over all kinds of things I could say and the answers I would get. This slows me down so much that I've already missed my chance.

Because I get acne from milk and high amounts of sugar/fat, I made a routine for myself in which I can keep the acne to a minimum. If I want to add something to my routine I first check if it doesn't contain milk. After that the amount of sugar and fat should be relatively low. If it fails to live up to these standards, I discard it.

I'm comfortable with it because my face is so much clearer now than it used to be. That, for me, is worth the effort. (I really miss cheese though xD) I have felt anxious because of how my face looked for many years, so to be finally rid of that feeling is like a godsend.

When no one is around I can finally relax. I actually become kind of goofy, which has most likely to do with all my pent up energy.
I kind of feel threatened and watched by everyone that is around me, so I only feel completely safe when I'm alone. It's also the only time I will keep my bedroom door open. Normally I instantly close it.

I personally have difficulty staying focussed on one task for a long time. I start to get distracted and then go do something else. With my father around, this is impossible since he will not tolerate this behaviour. When I'm working on one thing for a long time, I lose energy at a steady rate until I can no longer keep going. (If been doing math non-stop for one week now, If I have to do this for a month I'll go mad)

I find the question rather difficult. Is there a person that is interested in just details? If you could provide an example, that would clear things up for me.

The same thing as above, could you give an example of detailed work?

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
It's been quite a bit of time and after having researched MBTI, Enneagram and Socionics thoroughly, I came to the conclusion that I still have no friggin idea what my type is. :crazy:

Without further ado, let's get started.

0. Is there anything that may affect the way you answer the questions? For example, a stressful time, mental illness, medications, special life circumstances? Other useful information includes sex, age, and current state of mind.

I have social anxiety and can relate to many symptoms of a lot of disorders. So yeah. ^^
I am working towards my entry exam into college so I'm pretty stressed, but that's pretty much my natural mode of functioning (there is always something that has to be done, isn't there *sigh*)
Kind of invalidates questionnaire responses.

Like sitting outside during the party is a bit over the top. (The drinks are inside; and, nobody said you couldn't drink. Sure to smooth out the long ride home.)

But, you are stressed out. Heck if I were stressed out I might have answed the same never noticing it's a really dumb idea.

What about taking the Dnardi MBTI test at Keys 2 Cognition - Cognitive Processes . (Suggestion: Omit choice 3 as an answer for a sharper result.) Along with a personality type the result includes a pretty decent cognitive functions listing. Posting that listing could be a big help.

1 - 20 of 62 Posts