Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Banned
2,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Yeah, well, I like this place good enough, but I thought maybe it would be a good "lighten up" thread.

So, this is a stupid idea for a stupid thread, not think about anything.

I'll start, I guess.

Meh, working off a fucking bitch of a hangover -- probably shouldn't drain a fifth of vodka with an empty stomach, but whatever.

TNP has a preference for youtube.com/watch?v=osg_WmeLxQk or youtube.com/watch?v=YqXvrVX6lU4.

ETA I never noticed Osetinskaya's LH dominates her performance of the first movement -- by the video, I was distracted by the defect in her RH on using fingers 4 and 5. She's probably left-handed, I guess. Huh. Never noticed that. Well, whatever, the vote is open to TNP

·
Heretic
ESI 9w8 5w4 2w1
10,672 Posts
Well sorta correct.
TNP has an affinity for Starcraft.

·
Plague Doctor
INTJ, 5w4, Ni-T type
6,039 Posts
Not really.

TNP is fascinated with creation myths.

·
Banned
2,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
False. There are too many of them to keep track of.

TNP is a Trekker or a Star Wars.

·
Plague Doctor
INTJ, 5w4, Ni-T type
6,039 Posts
Yeah, but hopefully it's at the end. And illness is a bit dramatic - just a cold I think.

TNP can recommend me a good book.

·
Banned
2,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
OK, Wittgenstein the Ludwig, eng trans as *Culture and Value* and Fr trans by Gérard Granel, «Remarques mêlées».

TNP is kind of more pompous and pretentious than a Frasier or Niles Crane.

·
Plague Doctor
INTJ, 5w4, Ni-T type
6,039 Posts
^ I don't know who either of those people are (I've heard of Fraser, but I didn't watch it), but I don't consider myself pompous and pretentious. (thanks for the book recommendation)

TNP appreciates this on the INTJ subforum rather than having to go to the games forum for The Person Below Me.

Reactions: lilysocks

·
Banned
2,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hell, yeah! I'm not very imaginative, and I frankly prefer the company of the INTJ where possible. Never can tell what lurks in the minds of other types [not an insult, not type-bashing]

TNP has a bad habit of drinking coffee, tea, or the occasional hot cocoa (or some mix of those) a little too close to bed time.

·
Banned
2,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'll answer for that, yeah, although it really doesn't seem to matter. All day beverages of all kind, it doesn't matter.

TNP is feeling a little bit overwhelmed by the all-day, every-day atmosphere of this wild place.

·
Registered
1,723 Posts
drank coffee too close to bedtime yes.... overwhelmed not really. I don't think I pay attention enough to be overwhelmed.

the next poster is daydreaming about a food they want to eat

·
Banned
2,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Sort of halfway remembering that I haven't eaten in like two or three days. Probably not that good for you, but I'm not dead yet, so apparently it's fine.

TNP is not having any of this "happy new year's" bullshit this year. Fuck it.

·
Registered
1,723 Posts
that's actually very true, I usually skip breakfast. or if I eat it then I usually eat it at 2am before bed like I'm doing right now.

the next poster secretly wishes they could sing and dance like the girls in Pitch Perfect 3.

·
Banned
2,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Well, you know, I don't think that's really for me. But, hey, I don't begrudge anyone for following their dreams.

TNP owns a typewriter and is considering setting up a spot for it at home, just because of screens and stuff, kind of, well, just because.

·
Registered
4,168 Posts
No, not really, although my mother was a professional typist, and would bang away on her IBM Selectric while I was falling asleep. I still dream of typing sounds sometimes.

The next poster has just realized that if they go another week without watering the plants, they will never have to worry about them again.

·
Banned
2,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Are you kidding me? It's all I can think about, mostly to just slowly get back to normalcy. Strong beer should do the trick. Wake up right as rain, and hope the neighbors aren't ridiculous noise-making tonight.

TNP is not happy about running some errands -- today, or more generally, any day -- without dragging a razor across the face (I don't know what the typical girl equivalent is, some kind of makeup or having toilet paper stuck to the heel of a shoe).

·
Plague Doctor
INTJ, 5w4, Ni-T type
6,039 Posts
Pretty much my default state.

TNP is dehydrated.

·
Banned
2,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Slightly. I'm a freak for hydration usually -- you know, not hyponatremia kind of excess, but it's pretty rare for me to not drink 4-6 liters of hydrating liquids a day. Since I don't eat that much, you know, a bunch of water in a lot of foods, it's about a good amount for me.

Just not an option I'd ever choose, to be dehydrated. Very bad.

TNP suspects a lot of people don't have a good grasp on what is tolerable to their own bodies, in terms of how to provide nutrients (in whichever way is acceptable).

1 - 20 of 29 Posts