Personality Cafe banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I know that I'm an ENTP but I have no idea which Enneagram type that realates to. Anyone know anything about this? Also, other types should put which type they relate as well.

·
Registered
713 Posts
There's no direct correlation. I've know ENTP type 3s, 7s and 5s though...that's just my personal experience. I can see a lot of Ne lining up with type 7 too.

·
Banned
4,790 Posts
There's no true correlations between the MBTI and the Enneagram. There's simply less likely combinations.

ENTPs tend to be 3s, 6s, 7s, and 8s.
ENFPs tend to be 4s, 6s, 7s, and 9s.

However, an ENTP 2 or an ENFP 5 are both valid combinations as long as it fits the person.

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
As others have said, there is no causatory relationship between E-type and MBTI. Enneagram is something that deals with core motivations rather than more directly observable behavior. That being said, most ENTPs are 3, 6, 7, or 8, and occasionally 5 or 9.

I'm a 3w2 myself.

Reactions: Promethea

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
I'm an ENTP and identify most with 4, 5, and 7, in that order. I've never heard of another ENTP 4 though, so I might be an oddity. :)
This may be controversial, but in my opinion, you can only be a 4, or an ENTP, but not both. Any enneagram type is possible in theory, but in practice 4 as a core type goes against the very essence of being an ENTP.

·
Banned
38 Posts
Well then here I am to fly in the face of that theory! I do understand it's unusual. However I don't think it's fundamentally conflictual. If you think of the ENTP's interest in variety and excitement in a more romanticized sense, then you can easily get to a 4. I like variety, and I like things to feel special. The mundane depresses me.

·
Registered
828 Posts
ENTP 4w3 here.

*waves*

·
(ノ´ヮ´)ノ*:・゚✧
5,110 Posts
I believe that there is some correlation, but nothing is exclusive. There's nothing to say that one MBTI type cannot be a particular Enneagram type.

With that said, in my experience, most ENTPs are 7, 3, or 8 in that order of regularity. Within each section (gut,head,heart), I'd order them like this:

Gut: 8, 9, 1
Head: 7, 6, 5
Heart: 3, 4, 2

(In order of most common to least.)

Of course, that's just my personal assessment.

·
Registered
3,220 Posts
Most of them are 7 or 3, are they not? There was a page of correlations that confirmed this but I cannot access it right now. I think there was also a significant amount of 8s. I have also seen some identifications with 4, 5, and 6, but I wonder how rare these combinations would be. I think NTs tend to relate to a lot of the 5 stuff, but the 5 descriptions also heavily lean towards introversion. Same with the type 4, except it is more that people who get involved in personality types are more inclined to be individualists to an extent.

Oh, and for statistical purposes, I'm probably an ENTP 7.

·
Registered
828 Posts
I believe that there is some correlation, but nothing is exclusive. There's nothing to say that one MBTI type cannot be a particular Enneagram type.

With that said, in my experience, most ENTPs are 7, 3, or 8 in that order of regularity. Within each section (gut,head,heart), I'd order them like this:

Gut: 8, 9, 1
Head: 7, 6, 5
Heart: 3, 4, 2

(In order of most common to least.)

Of course, that's just my personal assessment.
Switch around 4 and 2, and 8 and 9. 4 doesn't fit Fe too well (my own 4ishness isn't exactly a healthy configuration of it), and Fast-9 seems to fit better than 8 (ENTP similarly isn't the most choleric type ever, and fast-9 is often mistaken for 7w6).

·
Registered
3,174 Posts
Interesting. I was just wondering about this.

Which makes sense because I'm an ENTP 6w7 2w3 9w8. I think the type fits me to a T (har har punny), but my TP results are not far separated. I've worked a lot to become aware of both sides of the TP/FJ. I was classed E/INTJ and tended toward ENTJ. I went from J to P dominant, but I don't think I'll ever be F dominant - nor would I want to.

Cheers!

·
Registered
828 Posts
You aren't F-dominant (or T-dominant) -- as an extroverted perceiver, you're N-dominant.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.