Personality Cafe banner

Here's another person to type! :)

402 views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  skerr 
#1 · (Edited)
Hi everyone!
I've been interested in MBTI for a while now but I've never been sure of my type, so I'd like your guesses :) Have a nice day!

1. Is there anything that may affect the way you answer the questions? For example, a stressful time, mental illness, medications, special life circumstances? Other useful information includes sex, age, and current state of mind.
Apart from the fact that I'm sorry for the English mistakes that you're probably going to pick up on (English isn't my first language), nothing.

2. Study these two images here and here. Which one do you prefer and why? How would you describe it?
Well, I'm not very inspired by those two images. I prefer the first one because it's a good shot, but I find both pictures very conventional and uninteresting. I would have liked something more unusual, the sea/beach stuff with northern lights has already been done to death, and the "cosy" and bohemian stuff just doesn't speak to me (and has been done to death too)

3. Please describe yourself as a person if you were to introduce yourself to someone else like in a cover letter. What kind of person are you and why?
I am a very curious person, I have many passions and interests, so I am a bit of an all rounder and someone that has knowledge and competences in various fields. I'm a laid-back person and have a "live and let live" attitude but I'm very exigent with myself and can only see my success through excellence. I'd rather do things on my own than work with people who aren't as invested as me.

4. What kind of person would you LIKE to be? Why? What kind of person would you NOT want to be? Why?
I'd like to be self-confident, I'd like to help people, I'd like my life to have a real meaning, both to myself and to people on a global scale. Making myself a better person and making to world a better place, basically. Expressing myself. Why...? I don't really know, to be honest. I know that I'd like to be confident because I just doubt myself all the time, I feel like I'm not enough. I don't enjoy life and its opportunities as much as I should. Instead of trying to do things and making an impact, I'm just sitting here, with all the best intentions in the world but crippled by my own personality, while people who are less smart and less well intentioned aren't afraid of going forward and resonate more than me. I'd like to help people because the world is full of poor, lonely and sad people who don't deserve their situation and need someone to help them find a bit of hope and get better.
What would I not like to be? Well, the opposite of that, really. I don't want to be a selfish, greedy bastard. I don't even understand how one can be like that. Mind you, I'm a bit selfish sometimes but when someone really needs help my door is always open. I guess I wouldn't like being like everyone else too. I like unconventionality and authenticity, so I'd dread to think and behave like everybody else.

5. Do you think there are any differences to how you described yourself and how people actually perceive you? How do you think others would describe you? If there are any discrepancies between these two that are you are aware of; do you know why exactly that is?
YES! There are many differences. I'm an extremely private person and I rarely show my feelings. I'm quite cynical and sarcastic on the outside and am quite shy and reserved, so people usually think that I'm cold, have a high esteem of myself and don't have much to say. Nobody knows my "true" self, not even my parents. It's just that I don't really show my feelings. I never talk about personal stuff with my family or my friends because they aren't sensible people and have never really understood me the only times I've opened up. So yeah, I've got this cold and cynical shell when I'm around people but my inner life is very rich and "warm".

6. What in life do you find to be of importance? Why? If you are unsure you can always take the Value Test and post the results here. Do note that it helps if you narrow it down to 20 or ideally 10 values as suggested at stage 2.
I personally value honesty, integrity, authenticity, unconventionality, knowledge, work and open-mindedness. That's "a lot" so it would take too long to explain why I value each one, but I just think that if everyone were like that, the world would be a better place to live for everyone. I'd like to add though that I value knowledge because, as it was written in some type description, "you are not entitled to our opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant"

7. How do you react to new situations in your life? Can you describe an event in your life where you were in an unknown situation? How did you deal with it?
If it's a situation that happens to me by surprise or something, I usually become stressed but I try to keep my cool and stay as calm as I can. I don't really have an example for that. If I can choose to put myself into a new situation, I'm usually quite hesitant at first, but once I make the first step I see that it's not that hard and enjoy it a lot. I've got a band, and it makes me think of the first time I've sung in front of my bandmates. I secretly wanted to be the singer 'cause I regularly train my singing and have an alright voice, but I was afraid to sing in front of people. We had talked a few times about the fact that we needed a singer, so one day while we were talking about it I said that I could "try" haha. The day arrived and the first and second try I've just laughed my ass off because of how unusual this situation was for me, but once I started singing I instantly became at ease, started shouting, playing the fool and stuff like that ahah.

8. Please describe yourself when you are in a stressful situation. How do you act and why? Real life experiences are welcome.
I just try to keep my head cool... I'm rarely overwhelmed by stress. At some occasions I can feel it quite intensely but as I told in the previous question, it's temporary. Doing what you have to do is the best solution to relax.

9. Please describe yourself when you are in an enjoyable situation. How do you act and why? Real life experiences are welcome.
When I'm in an enjoyable situation, I usually talk a lot and joke around a lot, I'm totally uninhibited.

10. Describe your relationship to socialization. How do you perceive one-on-one interaction? How do you perceive group interaction?
I'm a loner. I totally prefer one-on-one interactions because I think it's a better way to truly get to know someone. I'm not interested in superficial relationships. I don't have many friends, but the ones that I have, I know them by heart. I like groups when they feel like "one", when they have a real unity and when the people in the group share my values or share some of my interests. In that situation, I find groups to be very enjoyable, energising and motivating. Otherwise, I just feel out of place and move aside, only talking when someone speaks to me or when I'm sure that what I'm gonna say will make them react in a positive manner.

11. Describe your relationship to society. What are the elements of it you hold important or unimportant (e.g. social norms, values, customs, traditions)? How do you see people as a whole?
I don't have any problem with traditions as long as they don't hinder one's freedom. Some social norms are important to me, like I don't know, being on time or being able to support yourself, but any social norm that makes people feel like shit about themselves is a shame (having to be a certain weight, a certain height...), superficial norms basically. Having values is important to me, because it gives you a direction in your life. Religion... It can help people and give them hope, but religion in poor countries is just the opium of the people, an illusory hope to sedate a harsh reality. I think that people are just too conventional, most people don't like their job and their lives but are afraid to do something that's really meaningful to them. Society and people tell you that you have to go to x school, do x job, earn x money and live x way to be happy and have a good situation, which is false. Happiness to me isn't proportional to your bank balance. It can contribute to it, but it's mainly an illusion.

12. Describe your relationship to authority. How do you perceive authority? What does it mean to you, and how do you deal with it?
I don't mind authority as long as it's just. Authority is important to keep society in place. Without authority, we're back to the jungle. That being said, the tricky thing is to put the right people in those positions, and unfortunately most of the time that's not what happens. Authority is a good thing but it doesn't mean you can do what you want, it has to be discussed and challenged.

13. Describe your relationship to order and chaos. What do order and chaos mean to you? How do they manifest in your daily life?
Perfect order would probably be too boring and chaos would just be... uncontrollable. I believe in order, I think it's important. I'm not an organised person naturally but I have to recognise that my life's way better when I put some (a lot) into it, otherwise I'm just all over the place and don't accomplish anything. I also try to control as many things as I can about my "image", what I let people know about my life etc.

14. What is it that you fear in life? Why? How does this fear manifest to you both in how you think and how you act?
I guess that I'm afraid of failure and not accomplishing something special/not being special. As I said earlier, I'll only be happy if I find success and excellence in what I do. Ever since I was a child, I've always wanted to be the best at what I love and accomplish special things. Most people I know are okay with being average but it's a thing I disagree with, being the best at something just fills me with a lot of joy and pride. This fear makes me more inclined to work harder at what I love than other people, but on the other hand my low self-esteem and crippling self-doubt actually make me afraid to even try for fear of doing it for nothing or finding out that I'm not enough.

15. What is it that you desire in life? What do you strive to achieve? Why? Where do you think these drives and desires stem from or are inspired by?
I want to express myself through art, send a message to people and make the world a better place through it. I don't know why, I wasn't like that before, I was very different until 5 or 6 years ago. Until then, I had a solid group of friends, everything was going well but we lost touch or grew apart and I started feeling lonely. I've always been a bit solitary so I was doing alright but then I experienced a lot of failures in the same period of time, in different parts of my life, and depression hit me. I was now lonely and depressed lol. I felt like shit and hated myself. I didn't speak to anyone about it, dealt with it alone. It made me extremely empathetic of other people's emotions and feelings, and being a "voice of the people" became something that had meaning to me.

16. a) What activities energize you most? b) What activities drain you most? Why?
Listening to music, playing music and doing sport are the things that energise me most. Music is a mirror of my own mental state and it speaks to me in healing ways. There's nothing better than picking the record that suits your mood and laying down, listening to instruments and voices that sing your life, as if the record had been made for you or by people like you. You're feeling understood. Sport helps me free my mind from its constant turmoil. You don't have to think about anything, you just have to do. It's a battle against yourself. It makes me feel like I'm actually doing something, so when I'm done I feel good about myself. It definitely helps my self esteem, I can't really function normally without it.
The thing that drains me most is hanging out. I think I've talked about it enough lol. The second thing is making music. I want to be an artist, but producing art is just so frustrating, you always think that what you're doing is rubbish and that you're not good enough. It's very intense mentally. I guess that most "artists" know that though, so I'm not alone ahah. I thought it was easy to do, but it's actually the hardest thing I've ever done. When you've got a good song in the end, it's a very great reward though.

See less See more
#3 ·
2. Study these two images here and here. Which one do you prefer and why? How would you describe it?
Well, I'm not very inspired by those two images. I prefer the first one because it's a good shot, but I find both pictures very conventional and uninteresting. I would have liked something more unusual, the sea/beach stuff with northern lights has already been done to death, and the "cosy" and bohemian stuff just doesn't speak to me (and has been done to death too)
Ne style of thinking about it, but you are kind of right.

3. Please describe yourself as a person if you were to introduce yourself to someone else like in a cover letter. What kind of person are you and why?
I am a very curious person, I have many passions and interests, so I am a bit of an all rounder and someone that has knowledge and competences in various fields. I'm a laid-back person and htyave a "live and let live" attitude but I'm very exigent with myself and can only see my success through excellence. I'd rather do things on my own than work with people who aren't as invested as me.
Curiosity and being involved in lots of subjects and fields is generally and Ne thing. Also probably not Te in the top 2. Probably Fi.

4. What kind of person would you LIKE to be? Why? What kind of person would you NOT want to be? Why?
I'd like to be self-confident, I'd like to help people, I'd like my life to have a real meaning, both to myself and to people on a global scale. Making myself a better person and making to world a better place, basically. Expressing myself. Why...? I don't really know, to be honest. I know that I'd like to be confident because I just doubt myself all the time, I feel like I'm not enough. I don't enjoy life and its opportunities as much as I should. Instead of trying to do things and making an impact, I'm just sitting here, with all the best intentions in the world but crippled by my own personality, while people who are less smart and less well intentioned aren't afraid of going forward and resonate more than me. I'd like to help people because the world is full of poor, lonely and sad people who don't deserve their situation and need someone to help them find a bit of hope and get better.
What would I not like to be? Well, the opposite of that, really. I don't want to be a selfish, greedy bastard. I don't even understand how one can be like that. Mind you, I'm a bit selfish sometimes but when someone really needs help my door is always open. I guess I wouldn't like being like everyone else too. I like unconventionality and authenticity, so I'd dread to think and behave like everybody else.
Sounds like Fi.

5. Do you think there are any differences to how you described yourself and how people actually perceive you? How do you think others would describe you? If there are any discrepancies between these two that are you are aware of; do you know why exactly that is?
YES! There are many differences. I'm an extremely private person and I rarely show my feelings. I'm quite cynical and sarcastic on the outside and am quite shy and reserved, so people usually think that I'm cold, have a high esteem of myself and don't have much to say. Nobody knows my "true" self, not even my parents. It's just that I don't really show my feelings. I never talk about personal stuff with my family or my friends because they aren't sensible people and have never really understood me the only times I've opened up. So yeah, I've got this cold and cynical shell when I'm around people but my inner life is very rich and "warm".
Yeah so I was right in predicting the Fi. You are Fi dominant for sure.

6. What in life do you find to be of importance? Why? If you are unsure you can always take the Value Test and post the results here. Do note that it helps if you narrow it down to 20 or ideally 10 values as suggested at stage 2.
I personally value honesty, integrity, authenticity, unconventionality, knowledge, work and open-mindedness. That's "a lot" so it would take too long to explain why I value each one, but I just think that if everyone were like that, the world would be a better place to live for everyone. I'd like to add though that I value knowledge because, as it was written in some type description, "you are not entitled to our opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant"
Could be vaguely anything.

7. How do you react to new situations in your life? Can you describe an event in your life where you were in an unknown situation? How did you deal with it?
If it's a situation that happens to me by surprise or something, I usually become stressed but I try to keep my cool and stay as calm as I can. I don't really have an example for that. If I can choose to put myself into a new situation, I'm usually quite hesitant at first, but once I make the first step I see that it's not that hard and enjoy it a lot. I've got a band, and it makes me think of the first time I've sung in front of my bandmates. I secretly wanted to be the singer 'cause I regularly train my singing and have an alright voice, but I was afraid to sing in front of people. We had talked a few times about the fact that we needed a singer, so one day while we were talking about it I said that I could "try" haha. The day arrived and the first and second try I've just laughed my ass off because of how unusual this situation was for me, but once I started singing I instantly became at ease, started shouting, playing the fool and stuff like that ahah.
You are a P which was already obvious up to this point.

8. Please describe yourself when you are in a stressful situation. How do you act and why? Real life experiences are welcome.
I just try to keep my head cool... I'm rarely overwhelmed by stress. At some occasions I can feel it quite intensely but as I told in the previous question, it's temporary. Doing what you have to do is the best solution to relax.
another J or P one and I guess this would be another P reaction.

9. Please describe yourself when you are in an enjoyable situation. How do you act and why? Real life experiences are welcome.
When I'm in an enjoyable situation, I usually talk a lot and joke around a lot, I'm totally uninhibited.
Broadly anything.

10. Describe your relationship to socialization. How do you perceive one-on-one interaction? How do you perceive group interaction?
I'm a loner. I totally prefer one-on-one interactions because I think it's a better way to truly get to know someone. I'm not interested in superficial relationships. I don't have many friends, but the ones that I have, I know them by heart. I like groups when they feel like "one", when they have a real unity and when the people in the group share my values or share some of my interests. In that situation, I find groups to be very enjoyable, energising and motivating. Otherwise, I just feel out of place and move aside, only talking when someone speaks to me or when I'm sure that what I'm gonna say will make them react in a positive manner.
I

11. Describe your relationship to society. What are the elements of it you hold important or unimportant (e.g. social norms, values, customs, traditions)? How do you see people as a whole?
I don't have any problem with traditions as long as they don't hinder one's freedom. Some social norms are important to me, like I don't know, being on time or being able to support yourself, but any social norm that makes people feel like shit about themselves is a shame (having to be a certain weight, a certain height...), superficial norms basically. Having values is important to me, because it gives you a direction in your life. Religion... It can help people and give them hope, but religion in poor countries is just the opium of the people, an illusory hope to sedate a harsh reality. I think that people are just too conventional, most people don't like their job and their lives but are afraid to do something that's really meaningful to them. Society and people tell you that you have to go to x school, do x job, earn x money and live x way to be happy and have a good situation, which is false. Happiness to me isn't proportional to your bank balance. It can contribute to it, but it's mainly an illusion.
Probably N

12. Describe your relationship to authority. How do you perceive authority? What does it mean to you, and how do you deal with it?
I don't mind authority as long as it's just. Authority is important to keep society in place. Without authority, we're back to the jungle. That being said, the tricky thing is to put the right people in those positions, and unfortunately most of the time that's not what happens. Authority is a good thing but it doesn't mean you can do what you want, it has to be discussed and challenged.
more generally IxFP stuff

13. Describe your relationship to order and chaos. What do order and chaos mean to you? How do they manifest in your daily life?
Perfect order would probably be too boring and chaos would just be... uncontrollable. I believe in order, I think it's important. I'm not an organised person naturally but I have to recognise that my life's way better when I put some (a lot) into it, otherwise I'm just all over the place and don't accomplish anything. I also try to control as many things as I can about my "image", what I let people know about my life etc.
more IxFP

I'm just gonna go with INFP. The other one you could be is ISFP. Self reported curiosity isn't exactly the most reliable indicator for Ne, but you seem to show it and no Se so I would assume INFP.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.