Personality Cafe banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just wanted to have a thread for those of us who love the show and all it brings. I am male, but that shouldn't mean I can't enjoy the intelligence and humor that is delivered by such an amazing cast of characters. The dialogue is phenomenal, and the references made have enriched my understanding of our culture. If you agree, then let's talk. :cool:

·
Registered
2,793 Posts
I love Gilmore Girls! Despite supposedly being the same type are Rory, I've always felt more of a connection to Lorelei. She's got more of a creative drive. I love Rory, but she's a bit too buckled down and by-the-book for me to relate to her. I picture her getting along really well with Jemma Simmons from Agents of Shield.

My favorite episode is probably A Deep Fried Korean Thanksgiving. So hilarious. You have a favorite?

·
Registered
2,085 Posts
You bring up that you're a guy who likes the show, but funny enough I know a guy who loves it too. And, probably around the time the 2nd or 3rd season of it was airing, my brother was the one in my family to introduce me and my mom to it. lol Regardless of the two main characters being Mother and Daughter, and a lot of the humor deriving around their personal lives, it seems that a lot of men enjoy it. It's a really great show though, so I'm not surprised. :p

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
@Windblownhair I have many favorites. I'm an Enfp, lol, and I adhere to the stereotype of not being able to come to decisions regarding choices. A Deep Fried Korean Thanksgiving is one of those. I believe that's the episode when Sookie gets drunk to drown out her mourning of Jackson's "Thunderdome" mentality toward her precious turkey. HAHAHA!

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
@perpetuallyreticent Lol, I have come across some gender biased jokes about watching the show before. Some of the guys I know find my interest in a "chick flick" series to be one of my unique qualities. I, however, identify with Lorelai completely in almost every one of her decisions. She tries to keep her options open, she loves adventure and spontaneity, but only on a small scale, she can keep a job and be very good with management when she HAS to be, and she loves the small delights in life.

·
Registered
2,793 Posts
@Windblownhair I have many favorites. I'm an Enfp, lol, and I adhere to the stereotype of not being able to come to decisions regarding choices. A Deep Fried Korean Thanksgiving is one of those. I believe that's the episode when Sookie gets drunk to drown out her mourning of Jackson's "Thunderdome" mentality toward her precious turkey. HAHAHA!
Hehe, that's the one! Love that episode!

Lorelai: Hey, Sookie.
Sookie: Ah, hi there.
Lorelai: Are you okay?
Sookie:This tastes good.[Pointing to margarita]
Lorelai: Yeah, it looks like they’re deep-frying –
Sookie: Everything.
Lorelai: Huh.
Sookie:Vegetables, mashed potatoes, butter, pickles, salt, a napkin.
Rory:And yet, you’re very serene.
Lorelai:Uh, you’re practically floating.
Sookie:Well, you caught me at a good time, ladies. I’ve already gone through the five stages of grieving. Denial, anger. . .I don’t remember these two, but they were served on the rocks with salt! Now, I’m just happily enscotched in acceptance. Enscotched. . .
Rory: Ensconced?
Sookie: Ensconced – that’s it! I do believe I heard Phil suggest throwing Junior in.
Lorelai: Junior?
Sookie: His nephew.
Lorelai: Whoa.
Sookie:I chimed in on that one.
Lorelai: What happened over there?
Sookie: Mm, about a half-hour ago they set the lawn on fire.
Lorelai: Ah.
Sookie: But Phil says it’s okay and everything ‘cause it’ll grow back twice as lush. Though that’s what he said when he broke my salad bowl that I brought back from Belgium. That’ll maybe grow back, too, huh? [laughs] Phil is a riot. Am I crying or laughing?
Lorelai:Laughing.
Sookie: Good.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I loved the fact that Luke caught her! And I love in one episode, when Luke asks Lorelai to get him a new outfit for a date, then gives her his credit card, and she ends up buying everything at "1600% off"!

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
One thing I must get off my chest is Rory's French pronunciation of "culs-de-sac." The s is silent. So, it sounds like the singular "cul-de-sac." In French, the difference in singular or plural can be understood through the context of the sentence.

·
Registered
2,793 Posts
Btw, this might as well be thrown out there. Which guy would say is best for Lorlelai, and which for Rory?
Luke for Lorelei. I just adore them together.

Rory is a lot harder for me. I liked all the guys in their turn. Dean, in his first go-around, seemed to me the most worthy to be with Rory. I didn't like them near as much the second time around.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Luke, of course, for Lorelai. I mean, can there be a better couple than them?

I love Logan for Rory. His extroversion was the best thing for Rory. In a lot of ways, Logan is a way to fill in that gap in Rory's life when she isn't with her mother. Rory needs someone to tug her into the world and try new things.

·
Registered
456 Posts
I love the series too! Can't think of one favourite episode at the moment.

Btw, this might as well be thrown out there. Which guy would say is best for Lorlelai, and which for Rory?
Jess all the way for Rory! Though I must say that I'm not sure I've seen every episode with Logan and some of the earlier seasons I've seen more than once.

I guess for Lorelai Luke in the end. But I know that sometimes I was all for Christopher and Max was really great at the time he was there and it was sad when he left, but he wasn't one that worked for long term in the end. Though talking about Max, that was a fun episode when Rory hit a deer on the way to school and missed an exam because of it.

Reactions: SmilingWriter

·
Registered
2,793 Posts
So I'm knee-deep in the Jason 'Digger' Styles relationship. I never understood his draw. Any Digger fans out there care to explain it?

·
Sunset Stripper
9,775 Posts
I don't see Rory as a Feeler... I'm not typing her as a Thinker based on how she is studious/scholarly/academic/etc she just seems to prefer logic. I'd say INTJ. Lorelai is ExFP, I love her so muchhhhhhh! I agree the dialogue is phenomenal. I guess I like Luke & Lorelair together but they weren't like OTP for me. Within the show Luke was good for Lorelai and everything because they had history and other characters like Max Medina were bland in comparison but eh. I like Lorelai and I like Luke but I like them more separate than together. I think Dean was a perfect first boyfriend but he would have gotten too boring, Jess however I think is perfect for Rory. It's comparable to Luke and Lorelai but it works for them. Jess adds excitement and I suffered immensely when they broke up and she got together with Lowlife Logan. I see how Logan is good for Rory but he rubbed me the wrong way. Supposedly if the show kept going Rory & Jess would have ended up together. Honestly every actor and actress in that show played their role perfectly and made the entire thing work.

When I first signed up for perC I was actually Gilmore_Girl and then changed to Paris Geller for a while. And I still haven't changed my location from Stars Hollow ever since I joined. That town is literally heaven. There's a guy at my local Walmart who resembles Dean, you can imagine my excitement.

Seriously love that show.

Richard: Lorelai! Focus!
Lorelai: I am a camera.

XD

1 - 20 of 21 Posts