Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I was viewing different blog posts on ENFPs and came across this post:

(Quote)

Here's the biggest turn-on for ENFPs - Individuality.

ENFPs love someone who shows a sense of individuality and independence. A person who has their own dreams and desires is going to be completely intriguing to an ENFP. They also find themselves turned on by someone who has a strong sense of mystery and even aloofness. A free-spirited person who is often in their own world, is a huge turn on to the ENFP. They often like the sense of a challenge and enjoy putting forth effort to get to know someone. If it comes too easy the ENFP might find that person boring or like they lack a sense of uniqueness.

(Unquote)

For those of you ENFPs out there, can you confirm that these things are indeed true? If not, tell me why that is. Also, do you find yourself attracted to someone who's "aloof" or "mysterious" as stated in said blog post or do you prefer to find a romantic partner who's easy to figure out?

~Cheers

·
Registered
7,597 Posts
Oh, don't you believe it!
It sounds like it is written by someone doomed to be single for a bit-- they would need to move past this phase and hopefully did. @Tridentus is this a young you? lol. (Just kidding) They were mistaken in thinking they could speak for us all.

I like kind, understanding, attentive men who love to figure ME out and who pursue me and I reciprocate, believe me. I want my husband to pursue me in some way every day. The drive for intimacy is my biggest drive and I don't have an ego that gets off on knowing that I pried somebody open. I'm actually looking for the pearls, mastering the skill to open the shell shouldn't have a novelty after a certain age (try early 20's hopefully).
Aloof is boring and a partner who withdraws is pure hell for someone like me.

·
Registered
48 Posts
i like when i am with complex individuals, i need someone who has depth because sense of curiosity connects me to life if someone is gonna be my companion he/she has to be intrested in exploring life with me. i dont necessearily need that person to be unreachable or hard to get, just beacuse i had really bad experience with people like that. i instincually become intrested with people like that but when i realize im in that spiral again i try to get myself out of it.i dont have anything for people like that, i just dont want to be the person in the relationship that gives in more than the other and expects more. thats why i back off when if the person is a too distant person, i think people should be more open after some timewhen you are in a relationship

·
Registered
59 Posts
As for me, I'm only 22 and I haven't had a TON of experience in the dating field (more interesting things to do right now, yo ;)) but I think the most attractive traits to me both romantically and platonically are individuality and authenticity. If I pick up on people trying to be something their just not I without fail dodge the other way.

Actually if people come across as completely out of reach I will drop my interest in them pretty quickly: I don't have the time or the attention span to try and pester someone into being in any sort of relationship with me, and if they're not willing to reciprocate I'm not willing to keep pulling. I do think that a lot of people who come off as closed off or "mysterious" are actually just a lil shy, or too buys thinking about things to be bothered. If I have made the effort to get to know them and draw them out and they refuse, I guess some ENFP's might just see it as a challenge, but I tend to just shrug my shoulders and move on to a more willing subject ;)

Sorry if this was kinda rambly, but tl;dr: Individuality yes, Authenticity yes, Aloofness and mystery, no don't care.

·
Registered
7,597 Posts
I thought anything that wasn't creepy or boring had the potentiality of turning an ENFP on? :tongue:
C'mon admit it... Yes you do... Yes you do... Yes, you do! :wink:
lol for example?

·
Registered
4,567 Posts
Just don't be boring. I think any type could say that though. I'm looking for entertainment, that's all, I'm not limiting my means of obtaining it.

·
Registered
♂️ INFJ 5w4 // IEI-Ni
3,079 Posts
Would this turn ENFPs on? :smug:

Reactions: AshOrLey

·
Registered
♂️ INFJ 5w4 // IEI-Ni
3,079 Posts
xD Aw okay, no Pennywise! *Crosses his name off the list*
Wow, Hisoka though? Gotta add his costume to the wardrobe then. :eek:h:

Haha Outside of the clown theme though, would ENFPs find cosplay roleplay hawt? :3 I like it.

·
Registered
4,567 Posts

Haha Outside of the clown theme though, would ENFPs find cosplay roleplay hawt? :3 I like it.
These are literally the ONLY people I find hot, okay?

I mean, I'd say that I was exaggerating... but ticking either of those boxes (preferably both) then we are looking at true long-term commitment.

I have had not nearly enough sexual encounters which actually uses roleplay though. Not enough.

(It's not just a sex thing, but a "you indulge in my hobbies too" thing)

·
Registered
ENFP-A - 2w3 - JEEP
5,153 Posts
I think I'm attracted to intelligent people that like the same type of interest I like. I also have to be morally compatible with them. I don't mind them being introverted or extroverted. They don't have to be overly individualistic and unique. I don't look at people and chose them by how hipster they want to be. I kind of find that silly. If a person wants to dress like a prep and we can talk about comics, gaming, and science I'm fine with them. To me I take a person as I meet them. I rarely judge them on how they are dressed. They could look like everyone else or look as unique as they can be, I'm going to like them on their interest.

I do gravitate to people that like individuals and do not judge people by their grouping but by how the person treats them. I'm a bigot to bigotry and it's a HUGE turnoff.

They have to have some ambition and not be too overly picky. I dated a guy who was wealthy but did nothing because his parents had made him rich so he laid around all day doing nothing. I think he partied and that was it. That gets old fast. The person has to have a hobby. They have to do something, even if it's categorizing bugs. The too picky part was again this guy. When I mean he was picky. The only thing he ate was hamburgers and cheese. He hated olives, strawberries, chocolate, caramel, pasta, marinara sauce, raspberries, generally any vegetable or fruit, and the list goes on. Nope nope nope. I need someone who wants to be adventures with me. I love food. My husband may not like certain foods but he likes enough to try out something on the menu and he will at least try out something if he's never tasted it.

·
Registered
ENFP-A - 2w3 - JEEP
5,153 Posts

I mean, I'd say that I was exaggerating... but ticking either of those boxes (preferably both) then we are looking at true long-term commitment.

I have had not nearly enough sexual encounters which actually uses roleplay though. Not enough.

Cosplay for the win.

·
Registered
7,597 Posts
Reactions: Falling Foxes

·
Registered
♂️ INFJ 5w4 // IEI-Ni
3,079 Posts

Haha Of course! :D It doesn't really matter what costumes get used either, just adding an element of fantasy and acting to sex is just a huge turn on. If money was no object I'd buy tons of fancy / cool costumes to wear.

Yeah! I like cosplay for more than just the sexy stuff, too. I really do enjoy acting.
If I had someone to cosplay with I'd definitely go to conventions and do regular roleplay with them too. Just have fun with it.

Reactions: Falling Foxes

·
Registered
ESTJ
3,002 Posts

Hisoka looks good, has great aesthetic, has a hot body, intelligent and an intriguing personality. He also has a high sex drive. Basically, he's the whole package minus the whole psychopathic, bloodthirsty murderer thing. What's not to adore? :eek:h:

And yes. I used to go through a phase (still kind of do) where I would crush on men who can cosplay characters really well (know their makeup, behavior, costumes and all that.)
Do you cosplay Hexigoon? ;^)

·
Registered
♂️ INFJ 5w4 // IEI-Ni
3,079 Posts
Hisoka looks good, has great aesthetic, has a hot body, intelligent and an intriguing personality. He also has a high sex drive. Basically, he's the whole package minus the whole psychopathic, bloodthirsty murderer thing. What's not to adore? :eek:h:

And yes. I used to go through a phase (still kind of do) where I would crush on men who can cosplay characters really well (know their makeup, behavior, costumes and all that.)
Do you cosplay Hexigoon? ;^)
Haha! I've heard quite a bit about Hisoka. Never got far enough into Hunter X Hunter to actually meet him but I hear he's quite a perverted psycho! :shocked:

:3 Sadly not as much as I'd like to. I think the last time I cosplayed was as Death the Kid from Soul Eater years back. If I get my hands on a costume again, I totally would!
Do you cosplay? :)

How about Princess Leia's Jabba the Hutt slave costume :eek:h:
LMAO! If only I had the body to pull that off!
Would be cool to change genders at will sometimes so I could more appropriately try the female cosplay stuff.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts