Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do you think certain types would be as heroes, or as villains? What would they be like, what would be their motivation?

Just curious to see what you all think.

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
I think many times heroes are NF types. Idealism is usually viewed as a "heroic" trait.

·
Registered
2,688 Posts
Probably NFs and SJs would be heroes
And NTs and SPs would be villains... NTs being the villains that succeed, SPs being the villains that make the crucial mistake that leads to their defeat.

Reactions: Plaxico

·
Registered
172 Posts
INFJ for villain who has good intentions overall. I can see INTJ as being a hero complex as well. Just instead of doing evil to people, they are just saving the "idiots" from a bigger "idiot."

(meant as a joke.)

Reactions: pretty.Odd

·
Banned
440 Posts
SP's are good mercenaries and henchmen. They would also work as a "Fallen Angel" villain who doesn't want to rule the world as such but will do whatever they deem "necessary" to obtain what they want.

And xNTJs have the biggest reputation as villains because of two reasons:

1) They use Ni and Te, and therefore are able to become a strategist and a commander.
2) There's (surprisingly) actually quite a few xNTJs in the media as directors/comic book artists/novelists/game designers etc and they influence society more than many realize. xNTJs generally like the idea of being the "ruthless, competent" bad guy more than the "emotional crusader" good guy. So a serious amount of those people will generally create xNTJ protagonists as villains subconsciously. And a lot of non xNTJ people see so many of these stereotypical antagonists that they begin to view a large majority of villains as xNTJs and a small percentile of those people grow up to work in the media themselves, ending up creating bad guys similar to those they watched/read about as kids. And thus the cycle continues. :tongue:

·
Registered
10,350 Posts
I know INTJs have a reputation as villains, not certain why.
They're better as anti-heroes though! :)

I think NFs would be pretty good villains, especially with Fe in there!

·
Registered
486 Posts
SP's are good mercenaries and henchmen. They would also work as a "Fallen Angel" villain who doesn't want to rule the world as such but will do whatever they deem "necessary" to obtain what they want.
Really? Henchmen? I don't remember any SP characters that portray henchmen.
I think that ISTP's often play the anti-hero. I have not seen many other SP villains or heroes.

·
Registered
2,076 Posts
In my opinion

Best types for Heroes-
ISTP
ENxP
We INTJ's can make great anti-heroes, IMO

Best for villains-
ISTJ
ENTJ
xSFJ

INFJ'a and INTP's are great as both, really. Especially INTP's as the relectant hero, or as a well meaning villain.

·
Registered
2,076 Posts
Explain that please.......:shocked:
I just think that the most detestable figures there are sinister "nurturing" types who manipulate others. Hitler was probably an ESFJ, and people see him as kind of the "ultimate bad guy" of all history. Not that other types aren't just as capable of evil if they are unhealthy, but I just find that particular sort of person especially sinister. Eric Cartman from South Park would be another exapmle of that sort of person (although he's probably an ENFJ, which I should've also included in my list) To me, NT's are more "fun" villains, while SJ's get a more visceral response from me.

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
I just think that the most detestable figures there are sinister "nurturing" types who manipulate others. Hitler was probably an ESFJ, and people see him as kind of the "ultimate bad guy" of all history. Not that other types aren't just as capable of evil if they are unhealthy, but I just find that particular sort of person especially sinister. Eric Cartman from South Park would be another exapmle of that sort of person (although he's probably an ENFJ, which I should've also included in my list)
well, Hitler is type as XNFJ and Cartman as ENTJ but yes, Extroverts feelers Dom/Aux are the "bitches":mellow:, but, I can belive what i gonna say *take a breath* even INFPs are better villians than they:frustrating: but i can now see why you put them in third places and they will participate as the secreteary and faithful servent that sacrifice for his master (thanks God dont have to see them a lot). In short they are pessim villians.
I belive this-
Best Heroes:
-ENFPs *hurrrayyyy*
-INFJs
-INFPs
-and finally ISFJs

Best Villians:
-INTJ
-ENTj (Pretty obvious who will be the principals)
-ISTJ
-ESTJ (Their little brothers are not left behind in this)

In Feelers Land we have a say : when an INTJ is smilling you need to start running, dont matter what.

·
Registered
2,076 Posts
well, Hitler is type as XNFJ and Cartman as ENTJ but yes, Extroverts feelers Dom/Aux are the "bitches":mellow:, but, I can belive what i gonna say *take a breath* even INFPs are better villians than they:frustrating: but i can now see why you put them in third places and they will participate as the secreteary and faithful servent that sacrifice for his master (thanks God dont have to see them a lot). In short they are pessim villians.
I belive this-
Best Heroes:
-ENFPs *hurrrayyyy*
-INFJs
-INFPs
-and finally ISFJs

Best Villians:
-INTJ
-ENTj (Pretty obvious who will be the principals)
-ISTJ
-ESTJ (Their little brothers are not left behind in this)

In Feelers Land we have a say : when an INTJ is smilling you need to start running, dont matter what.
Cartman is most certainly not an ENTJ. People always say that, but it's just an example of "thinker=bad. feeler=good" type thinking. He's way too in tune with other people's emotions to be a thinker. Read my post here- http://personalitycafe.com/guess-type/18846-eric-cartman-southpark-2.html#post2104238

·
Registered
7,384 Posts
Repost from INTJ Forum.

Hero/Heroine: INFJ
Villain : ENTJ
Side-kick : ISFJ
Damsel in Distress : ISFP
Comic relief: ESFP
Rebellious Princess: ENFP
Wise Leader : ENFJ
Idiot: INTP
Bookworm : ISTJ
Badass: ISTP
bully: ESTJ

·
Registered
2,076 Posts
I think it is more interesting to break it down into specific archtypes, so here you go, using the Hero's Journey

Hero- ENTP for a flamboyant hero, INTx for relectant/brooding hero
Mentor-INXJ
Threshold Guardian-XSFJ
Herald-Positive-Could fuction the same way as the mentor, but a charming ENXP could also work. Negative-XSFJ again
Shapeshifter-ENFP
Shadow-ENTJ or a INTP or INFJ who's well meaning but has issues
Trickster-An ISTP would be great for a more mellow version of this character
Ally types-
Servant-INFJ
Sidekick-ENFP
"Specific skill" allies-Could be loads, ISTJ's maybe

This probably made no sense to anyone who hasn't read The Hero's Journey. Oh well

·
Registered
427 Posts
Here are some scenarios.

primitive: SJ hero x SP villain
Low tech/medieval: NT hero x SJ villain
modern/futuristic: NF hero x NT villain
Fantasy/sobrenatural : SP hero x NF villain

1 - 20 of 21 Posts