Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 113 Posts

·
Banned
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone here ever done heroin? I recently tried some and I don't think I'll ever turn back. I now understand what people mean when they say it's impossible to use once. It's like the first time you experience an orgasm, it's gonna be really hard for you to stop. I really regret doing it. Is it possible for me to just forget the experience?

·
Banned
59 Posts
I've always wanted to try it(or any other opiate for that matter, only tried kratom so far), but been scared off because of the exact thing you're talking about. How did you do it, snorted? IV? You probably can't just forget about it, and it's probably best to stay away... That being said, there are a lot of functional addicts out there. It depends on your life at the moment as well as your personality. If you're using it to run away from something, then that's gonna lead to a problem, and it's totally possible that innocent recreational use would lead to the same thing, but escapism and enhancement are two different routes, I guess.

It's a learning experience, if nothing else. If you're gonna do it, educate yourself. Clean your equipment, know your dealer, don't nod off in the wrong place ect ect

you'll likely find anything you need at Erowid, good luck man

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
If you have to resort to willingly destroying your own body then you are psychologically ill.

·
Banned
59 Posts
If you have to resort to willingly destroying your own body then you are psychologically ill.
The fuck's wrong with you? This is serious stuff, you don't just come in and insult a guy who's asking for guidance about heroin of all things.

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
The fuck's wrong with you? This is serious stuff, you don't just come in and insult a guy who's asking for guidance about heroin of all things.
I think you misunderstand me. If you know heroin destroys your body but you still do it then you are psychologically ill. I am stating the truth. Nothing works better than the truth and consequently taking a plan of action. There is no way having nice talks about this stuff you know. It's just plain and simple: stay away from it.

·
Banned
59 Posts
I think you misunderstand me. If you know heroin destroys your body but you still do it then you are psychologically ill. I am stating the truth. Nothing works better than the truth and consequently taking a plan of action. There is no way having nice talks about this stuff you know. It's just plain and simple: stay away from it.
Actually, if used responsibly and doses are kept under control, opiates are among the lesser damaging drugs to the body. I understand the addiction is a slippery slope that leads many down a path of poverty and disease, but there is another end of the spectrum that is often ignored. I can understand what you're trying to get across with the tough love, but jumping in and calling him mentally ill is not going to help anything. We're all a bit fucked up, sometimes we have to take risks to really enjoy ourselves. Knowledge is the key, not judgement and oversimplification.

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
I am not you and I have no right to tell you what to do with your body. But by all means, please be careful. Heroin has absolutely awful withdrawal symptoms. If you get hooked on this stuff, you will be hooked big time. It will make reality seem even more bland than it already does to you.

If you're still going to take Heroin, then make sure you're doing it safely - clean needles, safe place to do it, don't spend all your money on it etc.

I hope you do the right thing, whatever that may be! :D

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
You may not forget the experience, but it's completely possible for you to never touch the stuff again. Don't think that you can "never turn back" after trying it once, because that means you are denying your personal responsibility for your decision to keep taking it. It's your life and you can choose your actions. Being addicted to heroin can destroy your life, take your dignity, cause incredible pain to your loved ones and eventually it might actually kill you. Please don't let that happen. Stop now before it's too late.

·
Registered
428 Posts
I have a former coworker who tried heroin much like the way you describe, and the "never turning back" feeling.

He turned into a mess. He had a great job that paid well, he was an avid musician that had an amazing record collection--he went to rehab 3 times and then lost his job, he sold ALL of his records, all of his instruments, all for heroin. He stole from family, and from dear friends he'd had since he was a kid...one by one they all stopped contact with him. Then he was put in jail for about 9 months because a deal went south and one of his supposed "friends" he got who supplied him ratted him out. He got off light, I think he's going to be on probation for several more years though.

He takes this pill now that blocks the "high" or the urge to use, but he's going to have to take the pill for the rest of his life. He's REALLY lucky because he's mentioned that several times he was close to not only overdose but getting shot because of bad deals.

You might have liked the experience this one time, but you need to stop now; my friend's case is one of MANY MANY times heroin has almost--or has completely--destroyed lives.

·
Registered
161 Posts
I would like to say that you are a responsible person and that you have the choice and responsibility to choose how you alter your body or mind. But I can not.

It is one thing if it is escapism using Weed, LSD, or Ectasy; when you're sober you would still have the capacity to decide if you want to continue. However with literally mind altering drugs like Heroin, you lose this capacity, as your body craves the substance or you want to avoid the pain of withdrawl after you're hooked. It it like the difference between consenting to sex drunk vs. sober, you don't have the same mental process saying whether or not it's a good idea as you would without.

However since you've only done it once you still have the chance to avoid the pitfalls of addiction, and myself and others strongly urge you to stop. I would say that many INFP's are suspect to unhealthy escapism due to our feelings of inadequacy, isolation, and fears of living the same boing life as everybody else. But we have been able to temper our spirits (and I don't mean in the purely religous sense) with a strength rarely found in others, as our isolation has made us stronger many ways.

So pleas use this strength to avoid a life destroying addiction.

·
Registered
136 Posts
The key to not think about something is to think about something else. The more you tell yourself you're not going to do something the more you get drawn to it. Find something else to fix your thoughts on ASAP. Also, find something to do to get your mind off it. Idle hands and all that. There was an old saying: "My mind did not know where I was going, but my feet took me there". Put yourself in places where you won't have the opportunity for using again.

And whoever the hell gave you the stuff, stay away from them, perhaps forever. Cut them off, no explanations. Just get out of that relationship.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I agree with everything Micheal82 has said there is never a good reason to use heroin :period: i lost a dear friend to that filth. And while what he says may come across as harsh its because he cares. If he didnt care he would respond in the first place, so please consider your family and loved one's aswell as yourself. I've never heard of someone who does it once a year either you dont do it or you do it regularly is all i have seen. So please take care of yourelf don't hurt yourself with something you are strong enough to live without!

·
Registered
4,140 Posts
I have a friend who did exactly the same thing as @jennandtonic 's friend did. It could have been the same person. It was horrible for everybody. He lost so much. This was a few years ago and he managed to pull out of it over a great length of time, but he's never going to regain the trust he had built with his friends and family, from whom he stole for heroin money. I talked to him about it after he claimed to be "better" and I told him that I hoped he stayed clean and that I really valued him as a friend and artist, and that it shocked and saddened me to see him reach this state of dependence. He said he didn't even realize what damage he was doing, the heroin was in total control and he felt so ashamed. It was very out of character for him to betray people like he did.

So yes, I think you can not turn to it again. when you think of the people who got sucked in and managed miraculously to clean up, it is a good sign. But it's not easy once you start down that slippery slope into addiction. And once you're there, you will NOT be yourself. You will do horrible things to people you love, the drug controls you. Please don't let this happen to you. You tried it once, and once is enough. If an addict can eventually learn to say no, then you can too.

·
Registered
196 Posts
i really dont know what is going through your head at the moment. now im going to take you up on your word and assume that you actually dont want to do it the second time and i really hope you dont.
it is hard but from what i've read,if you find it hard to quit you could try to replace it with something less lethal...and slowly work your way out of it.
i have read that methadone is a good replacement drug.and as you are still a noob to all of this it might be easier for you.

i dont know what else to say to you.the experiences i have are of weed and coke(twice) and thats about it.

my best wishes.maybe you should just sleep through it.

·
MOTM June 2012
9,333 Posts
I tried it a few times. Only snorted it though, but I never found it that addicting. Your best bet is probably to stay away from it entirely, but if you're gonna do it, you might as well inform yourself about it as much as you can. That Erowid website has a lot of information on it. Goodluck to you bro.

Reactions: ii V I
1 - 20 of 113 Posts