Personality Cafe banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1) What aspect of your personality made you unsure of your type?
I test ENTP on most online tests, and ENFP on others, but I believe I’m an ENFP due to my personal code of ethics.

2) What do you yearn for in life? Why?
I’m a simple guy. I yearn for a group of friends who love me for who I am without me having to pretend. That and a successful career in the arts.

3) Think about a time where you felt like you were at your finest. Tell us what made you feel that way.
I like how this question is phrased. The term “finest” is well utilized. I felt my finest when I was working at a nonprofit organization fundraiser where the only drunker person in the venue was my boss. I came in second. It was a cocktail party so we were all dressed damn well. I was drunk to the point where I was on autopilot while managing my own group of volunteers to make sure the volunteers are happy and that everything was running smoothly. Two days later, we discovered we raised a record sum of money. I’m not going to say which organization this is, but you guys have probably heard of them. I believe I felt that way because I was confident, intoxicated, and efficient. I write most of my philosophy papers this way by the way.

4) What makes you feel inferior?
I feel inferior when people are rude and take advantage of me. Usually, these people see me as beneath them.

5) What tends to weigh on your decisions? (Do you think about people, pro-cons, how you feel about it, etc.)
If a certain choice “speaks to me” then I go do that thing. Usually, I ask “is this fun for me?”, then “will it work?”, then lastly, “what is the risk that people get so offended that I might get killed?”.

6) When working on a project what is normally your emphasis? Do you like to have control of the outcome?
Though I dislike to lead, due to the massive amount of responsibility involved, I often take that role because I feel that I need to. This is because I have many ideas that I want to realize, and despite my distaste for leadership, my friends and rivals say I’m an effective leader. I don’t like it when people look up to me because that’s way too much responsibility for me.

7) Describe us a time where you had a lot of fun. How is your memory of it?
One time, a large group of friends (about 30 college students) were at my apartment. It was right after a dinner potluck with plenty of good food and dessert. We were drinking and smoking hookah. We have a movie on but no one was watching. Lastly, we were all debating about politics and philosophy. I was debating my ENTP friend (who has a 4.0 GPA), who admitted that I’m the first person to ever make him question his views. My ENTP friend and I debate all the time, and we’re both aspiring attorneys.

8) When you want to learn something new, what feels more natural for you? (Are you more prone to be hands on, to theorize, to memorize, etc)
I think I prefer to theorize over any other method. When I learn to cook something, I skim the recipe to get the general idea of how it’s made. Then I make it myself without referring to the recipe. If it’s good, I keep it that way and experiment on it in the future. If it’s an absolute failure, I will refer to the recipe the second time I do it.

9) How organized do you to think of yourself as?
I’m extremely disorganized. Though my room and kitchen is always clean and “easy on the eyes”, I need a calendar if I need to get anything done. I only use the calendar when I’m stressed and need to meet deadlines. That helps me remember. Otherwise, I wing everything else.

10) How do you judge new ideas? You try to understand the principles behind it to see if they make sense or do you look for information that supports it?
I’m usually excited over new ideas whether or not they conflict with my ethical code. Entertaining the idea in my mind is different from carrying it out. I try to understand the principles first, and often neglect to find supporting information. The latter requires research, which I’m too lazy to do.

11) You find harmony by making sure everyone is doing fine and belonging to a given group or by making sure that you follow what you believe and being yourself?
Though I’d like to think that I’m being true to myself, I think I worry about the comfort of others a bit too much.

12) Are you the kind that thinks before speaking or do you speak before thinking? Do you prefer one-on-one communication or group discussions?
I definitely speak before I think, but that may be changing due to people getting angry at what I say. I like one-on-one communication and group discussions about the same. I just like talking a lot lol

13) Do you jump into action right away or do you like to know where are you jumping before leaping? Does action speaks more than words?
I’m the king of the knee-jerk reaction... And though actions are often more concrete, I’m more often moved by words.

14) It's Saturday. You're at home, and your favorite show is about to start. Your friends call you for a night out. What will you do?
Start getting ready to go out immediately.

15) How do you act when you're stressed out?
I begin to think about my past failures and I become very OCD. When I’m stressed out, I become super-organized. I refuse to drink, even though I usually drink all the time. Basically, I become anal-retentive.

16) What makes you dislike the personalities of some people?
I dislike people who are closed minded. I understand many people use that term loosely, but by “closed minded” I mean that people are unable to question their own views. That, and when people make a quick judgement without considering the evidence and implications of their judgements.

17) Is there anything you really like talking about with other people?
Philosophy (politics), Religion, and Sex. The three taboos. Oh, and fashion too.

18) What kind of things do you pay the least attention to in your life
Basically everything that my girlfriend gets mad at me for neglecting: picking up my socks, closing the door behind me, doing the dishes, turning off the fan, cleaning the stove, ie, everything that is “maintenance”.

19) How do your friends perceive you? What is wrong about their perception? ? What would your friends never say about your personality ?
My friends see me as an (over)confident and bubbly person who is wasting his intelligence, despite the fact that my GPA is higher than most of theirs and my resume, much more impressive. They say that I need adderall because they think I might have ADHD due to my inability to ever pay attention to anything while I’m actually just bored. I was able to receive an A in a “weeding out” pre-law class without ever studying, paying attention to lectures, and only skimming for about 5 minutes per text. On the other hand, they studied hard, took notes, did the readings, and scored lower.

The male friends who are probably sensors say that I’m a bit feminine. The intuitive friends say I’m a bit crazy with the ideas. I think both are right.

My friends would never say I’m good at sports.

20) You got a whole day to do whatever you like. What kind of activities do you feel like doing?
If I can do whatever I like, it means that I am omnipotent for a day. If I am omnipotent for a day, I will use that power to become omnipotent forever. That is what I feel like doing :)

·
Registered
182 Posts
I could see you using high Fi, and the way you describe stress does sound like tertiary-inferior Te. I didn't really see anything that tells me Ne dominant, but I think it's kind of hard to understand how someone perceives through text alone. So Enfp.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts