Personality Cafe banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
*DISCLAIMER* I realize this is the enneagram thread but I was hoping I could find people that could identify closely with me or know people like me to help me out. (Wasnt getting any movement in the mbti thread)

Hey, I'm a female political science college student and I type very closely to 8w9 sp/sx and was wondering if someone can help me figure out what mbti I type as.
Some things about me:

•19 and oldest child of 4 girls - 2 very domineering military parents cut throat no bull types (yes both in the military...)

•Get along well with my 9w8 so/sx boyfriend and 5w4 roommate (female)

•"the mama bear" description fits me well I'm slow to anger in general put pent up frustration can come out if there is enough strain or injustice

• VERY protective of my inner circle will put them before me but in regards to everyone else (unless they are weaker) I tend to not care so much about...

•I will go with the flow as long as I have the choice to steer the boat at anytime if necessary.

•Choice/Control is a big priority of mine I'm happy to help as long as its my idea. People that attempt to tell me what to do are met with rebellion and stubbornness however I dont seek to be that way. I prefer to keep the peace if possible

•the introverted/extroverted question is kinda odd I have been told I have a certain energy that tells people to f*ck off without ever opening my mouth but if the opportunity arises to be sociable and engaging I have no problems. And I definitely dont have a problem at speaking out against injustice (my brand) or about my feelings. Yet I dont do close friends? So energized by interaction but lack the "give a f*uck" to seek relationships

Yep so hmu with some recommendations or questions. Thanks!

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
mbti is testable at 16personalities. i dont see anything to reveal your mbti in this post, though.

i relate to most what you said, so i'd agree ennea8. both of my parents were military,i am the oldest, etc etc

come join us in the ennea8 forums :)

·
Banned
INFP 9w1 sp/so
2,470 Posts
The most common MBTI types for ennea-8s are ENTJ and ESTP, so those are most worth looking into, but you could also be something else entirely. There isn't really anything here that clues to your MBTI type though, MBTI functions don't have the same sorts of traits associated with them that enneatypes do, MBTI is more down to how you process information and use it to make decisions and judgements, and how that influences you. The websites and people that explain MBTI types as though they do are just running off stereotypes. The best way to find out is to learn what the functions are and work out through those what your type is.

Just going off pure intuition I'd say you're probably an ExxJ, and the majority of 8s are Ts, so most probably ExTJ. So ESTJ or ENTJ is probably right for you. Probably. Maybe. And from there ENTJ is more common so that's your most likely type. Maybe. Probably. Possibly. Kinda sorta.

Best way to tell the difference between ESTJ and ENTJ is, are you more of a "what" person or a "why" person. Do you like the simple facts or the abtract details. Sensing wants factual information, and that's what ESTJs use most, whereas Intuition looks at abstract information, which ENTJs use most. ESTJs will be more grounded in reality whereas ENTJs' minds are more likely to tend towards flights of fancy. The sensory world of the here and now, sights, sounds and smells vs the abstract world of patterns, underlying causes and "what if"s. I could be totally wrong about you being ExTJ but that'll at least tell you whether you're an S or an N.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Hello hello,

@nablur had the right idea: try 16personalities, and definitely join us in the 8 forum :)

I'm an ENTP 8w9 sp/sx and identify closely with most of your bullets. Hard to say MBTI from what you wrote, that all seems like 8w9 sp/sx stuff to me.

Cheers, looking forward to having you in the 8 forum.

·
Registered
469 Posts
I don't think your enneagram will be a certain indicator of your type. 8w9s tend to be xxTJ types but beyond that you could be any MBTI type. Those two systems are best looked at separately. Its like hmmmm there is some correlation but its not like dead certain if you are X you'll be Y.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts