Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
Adventure, thrill, action, suspense and comedy.
Mainly I like those films which are dealing with mystical or magical characters like, vampire, werewolf etc. Best example- Underworld, Harry Potter, X-men. (there are more, but I can't recall now) And no, not Twilight please. It's too boring for me.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Films

Ooo, good question...

Mostly action films and comedies, but with a darker or wittier touch. The more sly it is or the more it requires a specialized knowledge base, the more I like it. For example, Mystery Men, Monty Python and the Holy Grail, or anything involving Tim Burton and Johnny Depp (although Sweeny Todd went a little too far...).

An additional question: are you sensitive to movies? I find that I can't handle certain types of movies - they will literally drive me straight out of the room! Nasty, ugly mockery of a character is the worst; I feel that character's embarassment and shame and have to flee. Is this something normal to ENFPs, or should I take it to the shrink? ;-)

Reactions: nottie

·
Registered
118 Posts
Anything well written with good editing. Those are the most important things. Generally speaking, the less fantastical everything occurring is, the better the writing itself needs to be to hold my interest.

My favourite film types are generally: Anything puzzly/mindfucky, french horror, twisted korean stuff, sci-fi, anything that takes you somewhere new and interesting (Speed Racer, Brick, Memento, Old Boy, Martyrs, and Donnie Darko are good examples)

Also, boss british comedy like 'Death At a Funeral'. That is one of the best movies ever. Never laughed so hard.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
!!!

Adventure, thrill, action, suspense and comedy.
Mainly I like those films which are dealing with mystical or magical characters like, vampire, werewolf etc. Best example- Underworld, Harry Potter, X-men. (there are more, but I can't recall now) And no, not Twilight please. It's too boring for me.
For me Twilight is boring too , i turned off TV after 10-15 min :rolleyes::happy::proud:

·
Registered
118 Posts
are you sensitive to movies? I find that I can't handle certain types of movies - they will literally drive me straight out of the room! Nasty, ugly mockery of a character is the worst; I feel that character's embarassment and shame and have to flee. Is this something normal to ENFPs, or should I take it to the shrink? ;-)
Huh, interesting. I get the same way about any of that awkward kind of relationship humour where one of the characters acts against their own character in a futile attempt to please the other person. It's not so much the overt, ugly mockery that gets to me so much as the subtle stuff that I am obviously supposed to find funny but don't and just get extremely irritated at.

For example, watching How I Met Your Mother, alot of the Ted Mosby bits where he is the focus of the story, I will either leave the room or just not pay attention, because the style of humour that the character is used for is innately... GRATING to me.

PS: Just want to say, girls who don't like Twilight give me hope for the future of humanity. Thank you

Reactions: liza_200

·
Banned
4,611 Posts
My favorite movies are usually mindfucky, aesthetically beautiful, or both. I love both psychedelic, garishly-colored horror/scifi films and slow, contemplative poetic films. Most of my favorite films are from the '70s. Polanski, Bergman, Bresson, Kurosawa, Kieslowski, Cronenberg and then, yeah, a bunch of gialli and somewhat campy stuff like "Camille 2000," "Barbarella," and "Beyond the Valley of the Dolls." I like John Waters a bunch, loved "Heavenly Creatures," and get really into animated films.

I did watch "Fucking Åmål/Show Me Love" last night and had my heart turn into a soppy puddle of goop on the floor. Highly recommended. I'm pretty sure the characters were an ESFP and an INFP. Anyway, I saw myself in both of them, which was interesting.

@sundown What French horror are you into?

·
Registered
5,271 Posts
i'd say that, just like my music taste, i'm pretty mainstream, i like whatever is good really. a list of my favourite films might as well be "the greatest films of all time".. although i do have a huge soft spot for cult films, like Battle Royale or Starship Troopers, but even those types of films are kind of cool to like, so i even appear to have sold out there.

american pie, the dark knight, the godfather, anchorman, 28 days later, saving private ryan, coach carter- all that good jazz.

one thing i don't like are films which come across pretentious.. inception didn't hit any notes for me as far as concepts to do with dreams are concerned, 300 was entertaining on some level but the whole point of the film seemed to be unashamed pretention.

·
Registered
4,683 Posts
I like Sci-Fi, fantasy, comedy, romance, action, musicals, documentaries, zombie, apocalypse movies, etc.

I despise torture/horror movies. I have never seen any of the Saw movies and never will; I don't find entertainment in that kind of stuff.
I like scary movies, but it's really hard for me to watch them because I hate jumping from a surprise...like something popping up on the screen. So I tend to be anxious the entire time anticipating something jumping out and scaring me unexpectedly. I do enjoy scary movies with a twist like The 6th Sense. I love zombie movies though!

I also do not like disturbing movies...something like Precious for example, I would never watch. Disturbing images can bother me for a long, long time.

·
Registered
140 Posts

Anything that's not PURE action. Like men with lots of guns, women, and cars.

I love anything from comedies, romance, thriller, mystery -- as long as it's interesting! :)

Scary movies are fine too. Gives me a excuse to cuddle with the person I like (although the movies really are terrifying...).

·
Registered
325 Posts
Guy Ritchie is my favorite director, but I also love every other genre - all though I've never been much of a sci-fi fan.

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
I like thrillers and stupid funny movies. Although, there are other movies that can capture my attention. I am not fond of musicals and I have no idea why.

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
I like Sci-Fi, fantasy, comedy, romance, action, musicals, documentaries, zombie, apocalypse movies, etc.

I despise torture/horror movies. I have never seen any of the Saw movies and never will; I don't find entertainment in that kind of stuff.
I like scary movies, but it's really hard for me to watch them because I hate jumping from a surprise...like something popping up on the screen. So I tend to be anxious the entire time anticipating something jumping out and scaring me unexpectedly. I do enjoy scary movies with a twist like The 6th Sense. I love zombie movies though!

I also do not like disturbing movies...something like Precious for example, I would never watch. Disturbing images can bother me for a long, long time.
Me too, anything that is disturbing stays with me. :( I don't like the Saw movies and apparently I am the only one who couldn't stomach it until you just said it. My husband loves "No Country for Old Men". He can watch it and keep watching it over and over and while I understand the plot I just can't handle the concept.

·
Registered
4,408 Posts
Comedy, Action, Drama, Tear Jerkers and Movies that were originally books that I've read... for example, Horrors/Thrillers aren't usually my thing, but I enjoyed the Lovely Bones, because I was familiar with it. Also makes me wonder if I should see things based on Crime Novels I've read.

·
Registered
417 Posts
I think almost every genre has something amazing, but my favourites are:

Badass Gritty Westerns
Quentin Tarantino Type Movies
Silly Comedies

Pretty much, I love cool movies where I can relate to a character where there is lots of talking and dialogue, and random bursts of intense action.

I kinda fall in love with actors, so whatever they do I dig. Favourite actors:
Christopher Walken
Johnny Depp
Robert Downey JR
Mickey Rourke

I love eccentric actors who are pretty intense. Maybe because that's how I want to be/see myself? I dunno.

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
I think almost every genre has something amazing, but my favourites are:

Badass Gritty Westerns
Quentin Tarantino Type Movies
Silly Comedies

Pretty much, I love cool movies where I can relate to a character where there is lots of talking and dialogue, and random bursts of intense action.

I kinda fall in love with actors, so whatever they do I dig. Favourite actors:
Christopher Walken
Johnny Depp
Robert Downey JR
Mickey Rourke

I love eccentric actors who are pretty intense. Maybe because that's how I want to be/see myself? I dunno.

Love me some Christopher Walken!

·
fire breathing dragon
2,810 Posts
Anything narrated by Morgan Freeman, lol.

But 20th century pieces especially if they have to do with the Holocaust. I also like some 19th century stuff. Mostly dramas. I like chick flicks though I hate the types of women in them. I really dislike too much action. I and I HATE HATE HATE horror movies. They just make me angry and are too gory. Anything thought provoking. And documentaries.

·
Registered
2,379 Posts
Anything funny.. I don't like dumb comedies (Jack Black, Will Ferrell, etc), but I adore clever and witty comedies, nerdy/geeky humour, stuff like that.
I also love action movies, generally with a decent storyline.
I ADORE those comic book hero movies.
I love scifi, as long as it's not one of those "Everyone has died, here's a miserable suicidal dude who alone in a spacecraft, running out of oxygen.. THIS IS HIS STRUGGLE".. I dislike scifis that have almost no people, and take complete place in the middle of space.. I like the sight of land.
Fantasy is cool.
Anime is cool.
Cute animated films.
Funny animated films.
Thrillers.
Anything with a really well woven storyline.. Inception, The Usual Suspects, etc.
And I hate horror.. What's the point?!? IT's like. "Here's a house.. LITTLE DO THEY KNOW, they are trapped with a psychotic demon possessed freak with a pick ax and a watergun with doctor pepper! WHO. WILL. SURVIVE!" Gay..

My favorite actors are:
Will Smith!
Robert Downey Jr.
Liam Neeson.
Morgan Freeman.
Bruce Willis.
Alan Rickman.
Michael Clarke Duncan.
Nathan Fillion.
Alan Tudyk.
Johnny Depp.

So basically.. ENFPs, ENTPs, and people with GREAT voices.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Seriously you enfp are crazy :kitteh: I love you that way :proud:
I like movies which are full of paradox, spontaneous things and teamwork. I also adore movies which has cliches of true love sometimes. I just like to see that 2 people complete each other :)

·
Registered
3,783 Posts
My favorites tend to be either like really mainstream comedies that are just ridiculous and sweet and fun; or slower, thoughtful, character-focused indie dramas/dramedies; or just plain weird makes-no-sense-but-that's-the-point kind of deals. I watch a fair amount of documentaries too, especially if they're the "scathing social commentary" sort, because I completely dig that.

I can't follow action movies due to my Face Blindness, scary movies freak me out, thrillers seem unreal to me (and I'm just not into it), and often mainstream dramas are just sap-overload, which I hate.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts