Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
Hahaha. I've read that description before. There are elements of truth for sure. I don't express my "individuality" though WTF? I just know I'm "different". I love the song Creep by Radiohead. Its so disgustingly indulgent, but its how I feel most of the time.

·
Registered
1,778 Posts
I laugh, because if I don't I'd cry all the time. I don't do the 2 stuff unnecessarily anymore and can be quite the idealist (more like dogmatic jerk); but I question the idea of me actually being healthy.

Reactions: Bluity

·
Registered
2,477 Posts
Wow. That was just depressing. And I'm a 4. Very interesting that the creator retrieved these ideas. When it comes down to empirical data, Enneagram tests do only seem to measure what cannot be measured; one's approval/disapproval of a preference, rather than, say, the preference itself (which, directly, would be difficult to measure). So, reasonably, one shouldn't let their results define them.

On the other hand, the tests can be used as tools of reflection, though not absolute truth. It is, after all, a theory. If it were not for the Enneagram and other tests of the like, I wouldn't be able to connect to like-minded people here, or realize my views aren't the only kind felt so deeply. Who knows where the line of being in too deep with the Enneagram or other theories is, but a grain of salt per helping saves.

·
Registered
405 Posts
This is a very superficial view of type 4s.
an unhealthy view.

hilarious though lol

"You retreat inside your imagination not because it is profound, but because it's never challenging."
lol i love challenges.. i'm a 4w3... this guy didn't do his subtype research :p

·
Registered
15 Posts
Oh my good Lord, talk about cold! I saw the word "Slacker" and almost made an offended noise, until I remembered that I need to cut myself some slack to begin with. (Any way I can turn this kind of judgmental stuff around helps.) By the end of the thing my eyebrows were just quietly raised in irritation. I wonder what personality type the author of this thing is?

·
Banned
1,466 Posts
You think of yourself as a work of art, develop intricate exegetical accounts of your life history, expound Your View of You to whoever will sit still for it, and singlehandedly put one or two therapists into wealthy retirement.
:laughing:

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
Gah, this is all so true...
Your SECRET JOYS include showing your independence by acting in ways that other people would consider utterly stupid, and expressing your individuality over and over and over and over -- until you are up to your ears in your own unique personal individual rut.
GUILTY
*continues to roll down her windows in her car and play very loud Electro House music (because it's not rap, like everyone else who blares their music) just to be different*
And yes, I'm sure most people think it's stupid, but it's my guilty pleasure! ;)

1 - 20 of 23 Posts