Personality Cafe banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Banned
1,039 Posts
I used to because I was so serious about the stuff that I wrote that I had to use correct spelling and grammer all the time.

But I came to the realization that it really isn't that important to most of the people I know.

So, this is the way I look at now:

Writing e-mails is a different form of "talking" and not "writing".

And for that matter, so is posting on this forum. I do not write the way I would write if I were writing a book; this is when it would be necessary to use drafts.

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
Not really, although I do proofread several times, and I go back and edit my posts a lot of the time, usually I'll do it right after I post it 'cause I'll notice something wrong.

·
Registered
2,704 Posts
In my emails I'll make sure it's proofread, but I don't use drafts. For forum posts, I usually just post it and after noticing errors, I will edit it.

·
Registered
INFP
1,317 Posts
I usually think for a while before writing emails and do draft. That's just because writing isn't the thing I'm best at. I have a tendency to put too many ideas in the same sentence or to put my sentences in the wrong order so I have to fix it afterwards.

·
Banned
3,849 Posts
yes, I often draft something then leave it be for a while and go pay attention to something else then come back to it - it is not just that I want it to be grammatically correct, but that I like to multitask so I don't stick to any one task for a long time, and then who knows may be at later time I will remember something important to add to the email

·
Registered
2,005 Posts
Hey guys, do you do drafts for emails?
Not so much.... I might have once or twice just because it was a long letter and I wasn't quite sure what to say at the beginning.

·
Registered
INFP
1,317 Posts
Not emails, only phone conversations... :crazy:
Yea I do practice or try to know what I'll say before phones calls as well.

As for email draft that might be related to enneagram 5. We have to process the information a little before putting it together. I think quite a few INTJs are 5 and a few INFJs are as well.

·
Registered
3,474 Posts
No but I need to sometimes. If I have a email that I have to send that I have to check myself in check so to say. I will mull it over and let it simmer some before I write or respond as I been having to do lately.

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
As vel mentioned but only for long emails because I may remember to add something to it or I need to fact check on some information I wrote.

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
I don't make drafts but I will proofread it intensely and read it out in my head over and over again.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts