Personality Cafe banner

Hey Guys! I'm an ENFJ. Thrilled to have found this awesome site.

1K views 17 replies 11 participants last post by  ruth2ten 
#1 · (Edited)
I've been soul searching recently because I felt as if I was losing myself, and I didn't know what I really wanted to do with my life. I've always been comfortable socializing and being around many people but I still felt kind of off. So, I started researching personality types, took the MBTI test, and then found this site. According to the MBTI, I am an ENFJ. Also, on the Enneagram Type test, I am a Type 3 with a 2 wing: "The Charmer." I look forward to learning more and discussing with everyone.

#4 ·
Thank you! cbellelove, what's the main difference between ENFJ and ENFP?
The difference is in the functions used, and the order of them, under standard cognitive functions theory.

ENFP is Ne/Fi/Te/Si - extraverted intuition > introverted feeling > extraverted thinking > introverted sensing
ENTJ is Fe/Ni/Se/Ti - extraverted feeling > introverted intuition > extraverted sensing > introverted thinking

They would produce rather different patterns of thinking and maybe different outlooks.

#7 ·
flatlander, is there a book, site, or post where I can learn more about that?
You're in luck, there's a ton of posts dedicated to cognitive functions here. In fact, an entire subforum. This thread is very useful, but be warned - the articles are quite wordy, and perhaps tough for a beginner. This thread is also interesting and less wordy, maybe better for a beginner. Dario Nardi's cognitive functions test also offers some information after the test..the material may be on the main site also, I forget.

The way the functions work revolve a lot around the dominant - inferior (first - fourth) pair in the function order, so you can also take a look at the "recognizing the inferior" threads posted in Articles subsections.

And I'm pretty sure you can find tons more in that original subforum. Quite a few people post their own interpretations of what the functions are, and their manifestations. Best of luck to you.

#8 ·
Side note, you can "tag" someone in a thread so they get a notification, by one of two ways:

type an @ symbol and then their name, like @Protean

or, for two words or more, [ NOTICE ]Two-word Username[/ NOTICE ], without spaces inside the brackets.

Quoting their post will also send a notification.

#15 ·
Hey Protean, I am a soul brother (haha) from The Netherlands. And I already have come down the intro-list so far in search of other ENFJ's. Good to find you out here. I sure would like to become a friend because I sense (or is iNtuition) the same goals...
I am like old (56) and you will probably very young; making this observation I do feel a little uncomfortable but rest asure I am here only to find soul mates/friends to share thoughts/better yet Feelings with.
On a practical note, it seesm a little random, but would you become my official third friend so I can easily stay in touch.? Read you around! HH :) :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.