Personality Cafe banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi! My name is Chris... 26 years old, found this forum when I was googling who knows what the other day and ended up spending 3 hours looking up why I'm so weird...

Anyway, here's the gist of my personality. I'm wondering how many of you share these traits or if I'm just a straight up creeper....

Easy going, doesn't take criticism well.

Always asking why and figuring out how things work as opposed to just settling for knowing that they work.

I spend at least 50% of my day wondering what other people are thinking about me, or if someone is saying something about me around the corner, or what I look like outside of my own body.

I spend the other 50% trying to learn new things, staring off into space a lot of times not even thinking about anything at all and generally just wasting time instead of doing something cool like going on a hike.

I am very self conscious, even though I know I really don't need to be.

I have a hundred different hobbies, including photography, playing guitar, drawing and cooking (which is my passion and my job). I love creation.

I often immerse myself in new hobbies and try to learn as much as I can in as little time possible, even if that means becoming a hermit for a week.

I hate clubs. Pubs are ok. I need to be doing something while I'm drinking like playing dart, pool or cards. I would do all of them at the same time if I could find other people who wanted to do that too.

Songs and movies can make me cry, but only when I'm alone. I can identify with actors and I start to cry on a sad part and all of a sudden I'm like wtf? Why am I crying?

You couldn't ever get me drunk enough to share ANY of this with anyone in person.

·
Registered
4,347 Posts
Generally a lot of those are common with INFPs, but many of them are common with people in general.

Then again, you do have something I notice a lot with INFPs. That's having traits that we think are specifically unique to us when it might just be a general consensus thing. "What!?! I thought I was the only one that liked pizza! -- must be an INFP thing!" Not meant to be a dig though, just something funny I notice on INFP sites.

INFP to me, simply
~ introverted
~ idealistic (mostly unrealistic)
~ overly curious about how people may perceive them
~ great writers
~ overly polite

If you haven't already, check out this site. It's one of -my- personal faves with regards to the description of an INFP. It may help shed a little light and you may notice some similarities to yourself.
Portrait of an INFP

Welcome to the boards :D

Reactions: mondster

·
Registered
86 Posts
Hi! My name is Chris... 26 years old, found this forum when I was googling who knows what the other day and ended up spending 3 hours looking up why I'm so weird...

Anyway, here's the gist of my personality. I'm wondering how many of you share these traits or if I'm just a straight up creeper....

Easy going, doesn't take criticism well.

Always asking why and figuring out how things work as opposed to just settling for knowing that they work.

I spend at least 50% of my day wondering what other people are thinking about me, or if someone is saying something about me around the corner, or what I look like outside of my own body.

I spend the other 50% trying to learn new things, staring off into space a lot of times not even thinking about anything at all and generally just wasting time instead of doing something cool like going on a hike.

I am very self conscious, even though I know I really don't need to be.

I have a hundred different hobbies, including photography, playing guitar, drawing and cooking (which is my passion and my job). I love creation.

I often immerse myself in new hobbies and try to learn as much as I can in as little time possible, even if that means becoming a hermit for a week.

I hate clubs. Pubs are ok. I need to be doing something while I'm drinking like playing dart, pool or cards. I would do all of them at the same time if I could find other people who wanted to do that too.

Songs and movies can make me cry, but only when I'm alone. I can identify with actors and I start to cry on a sad part and all of a sudden I'm like wtf? Why am I crying?

You couldn't ever get me drunk enough to share ANY of this with anyone in person.
Hhye Chris

I HONESTLY SHARE ALMOST ALL TRAITS WITH YOU

- i also dont take criticism very well (i go all crazy when learning that someone dislikes me or said s/thin bout me behind my back. i just cudnt let it just pass
- i also kept thinking if ppl r judging me or s/one is talkin bout me (hyper self conscious)
-i have no specific hobby. kept changing.
-spend 70% of my day doing nothing useful, except talkin in this forum n Facebooking. i waste A LOT of time.
-movies make me cry esp d sad part, songs make me cry only if there's an actor/actress inside it showing full emotion e.g YouTube video Susan Boyle

Only 1 trait that maybe different. i dont go to pub at all or parties. firstly bcoz my religion prohibits clubbing but even im a religion that permits, i still dont like the noisy environment n places where we have to mix around n socialize. i like to just sit at home alone (wasting time,again)

·
Registered
216 Posts
Eh, you sure about that? I've revealed more than that fairly casually and completely sober to people I didn't fully connect to, but I'm female so maybe it's different.

I share a lot of these traits with you, but something to me says ISFP for some reason, probably because you said you "like creation." ISFPs (if I'm not mistaken, I might be wrong) are "The Artists" and usually have a few skill sets such as drawing, painting, music, photography, etc. more concrete stuff than INFPs, but INFPs can do these things too. ISFPs are just more known for it and more into the concrete side of life.

·
Registered
86 Posts
I don't think you're creepy. Welcome to Personality Cafe. I really like the www.mypersonality.info personality tests. Enjoy the forums, wherever you feel you fit the best. Finding I am INFP was definitely one of the best things that ever happened to me. I'm not just weird, and there are other people like me!!!
Me too, was so happy after finding out the INFP thing n knowing that my 'weirdness' could actually be defined n is actually bcoz of my personality. And yes, become happier meeting people who ARE like me here

·
Banned
40 Posts
INFP to me, simply
~ introverted
~ idealistic (mostly unrealistic)
~ overly curious about how people may perceive them
~ great writers
~ overly polite

sums me up really well. Number 3 is not something people usually bring up but it's really true. I often wonder what people think of me. I really want them to like me and I hate to be hated.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts