Personality Cafe banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I figured you might wanna take a look at this, I know I was fascinated by it, it's called G-speak, by these dudes called oblong industries, it's still in development, but it's really cool.. I wish I could try it out firsthand, check it out at oblong.com Also, theres another thing, called the eMotive Epoc neuroheadset that I found really interesting, it's very advanced and cutting edge, I know, I've personally used one of these once.. been kinda checking up on it as it goes along! If you want a better description of it you might wanna just check it out at the website, http://www.emotiv.com/ Btw I don't mean this as stupid advertising or anything, but I honestly do think my fellow INTJ's would be interested in this :D Enjoy guys!

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
what.. nobody has anything to say about this?

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
SO.. now that the link is fixed, does anybody have any comments now?

·
Registered
155 Posts
This stuff has been in the works for a really long time. It would be cool if they actually managed to put it to a practical purpose.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It does actually have SOME practical applications, I've seen it in use, handicapped/quadriplegic persons can use it to open doors, communicate, move their wheelchair, ect. on their own if it's all set up to accept commands from it. Otherwise, it's just an awesome thing to have. Haha, now about oblong.. well that's just looks really fun to use! In case you guys missed the link earlier: oblong industries, inc.

Reactions: Rose Belle

·
Registered
INTP sp/so 9w1 6w5 4w5
5,549 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

·
Registered
650 Posts
My first response to it was...vapor gear. I'd have to personally test one out in my home to see if it does what it claims.

That being said...I WANT ONE but am piss poor right now.:confused:

·
Registered
649 Posts
oh jesus...... I'm not sure I want technology. Does the future instill fear/anxiety in anyone else? When we are able to map the brain... and merge with technology then I have a feeling the world will go ape-shit. The idea is absolutely amazing... but very daunting, at least for me.

i'm looking at you singularity :angry:

·
Registered
330 Posts
Very helpful..thanks. I think along the lines of improving the quality of life for those disabled. This could be a most useful tool.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Very helpful..thanks. I think along the lines of improving the quality of life for those disabled. This could be a most useful tool.
That's what it's original intent was I believe, I'm interested in both it and g-speak.. but yeah umm.. the thing is the games they're making are more proof of concept then games meant to be played for fun, like tech demos!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts